Legacy Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter One: Let's Make A Steal

+4
MR.RPG
Desertback
Kamikaze_X
Redcoat
8 posters
Go down
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin
https://legacysociety.darkbb.com

Chapter One: Let's Make A Steal - Page 3 Empty Re: Chapter One: Let's Make A Steal

Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:22 pm
Fenix looked impatiently for a minute as the two talked. Grunting, he called forth Adrenaline Rush once more, if not for a few seconds. In that time, he grabbed the bars of the cage a ripped them out, hurling them against the subway wall at the other end. With a hurrying look, he motioned them both onward. The room emitting the light they saw was a large open circular room. Sunlight from above shined down from the broken arched cieling high above. Many tracks from the subways ran into the room, going off in four different directions. And at one end, the large platform held a high rising staircase which snaked around until it reached the upper floors.

Sighing, he knew that if they followed the stair cases rout, they would no doubt reach his comrades. However, they were still a fairly large obstacle that stood between him and the staircase. Six armed bandits, all wearing a form of desert makeshift armor, haphazardly plastered together metal plates. They carried large caliber weapons as well, ranging from assault rifle to sub-machine guns. Fenix unstrapped his 30-40 Krag and slowly and silently loaded the weapon with his .30 caliber rounds.

"The only way to get to the stairway is unfortunately through those Raiders... so I suppose it's now or never." Fenix stated quietly to Emmet and the young boy.

At that, he leveled his rifle to his shoulder and flipped up the old-styled rear site. As he zero'd in, he held his breath. Things seemed to go a bit slower... His finger went for the trigger, and squeezed. The blast was terribly loud, reverberating against the domed ceiling and the walls. A loud roar, easily heard from upstairs or anywhere within their vicinity for that matter. The rifle recoiled slightly, kicking back against his shoulder, and a spit of fire jetted from the muzzle.

The bullet hit its target completely, sending the victim back into the wall, creating the bloodiest mess one would ever see. He hated to say it, but there were fragments... the skull was blown to pieces.

"GO GO GO!" Fenix roared as he moved forward and into the next subway track, using the decline as a trench against the enraged and surprised Raiders.
moom241
moom241

Chapter One: Let's Make A Steal - Page 3 Empty Re: Chapter One: Let's Make A Steal

Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:31 pm
Derrik heard the blast coming from the opposite direction. "Come on! I've been walking the wrong way for like, five minutes!" He turns around and jogs towards the explosive sound
Golden Time Lover
Golden Time Lover

Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:52 pm
As Fenix suprised the bandits that were standing there, Ethan decided to take this as a chance to attack the three bandits. He ran at them making no noise at all as his small size would create no bang effect when hitting the ground, but they could still see him coming. So as he approached them he lifted up his G-18 holding it upside down as this was his style and began to shoot each one straight through the necks as Ethan just looked at them with a somewhat agonizing look.

" Damnit why do you have to stand in the way?! You'll only DIE! " he said with a sigh.

[b] Ethan would then jump back away from the other two guards this way he didn't get hit. He woud keep jumping until he was behind Emmet in a defending stance holding the gun up just incase he didn't finish them off, but he had only two bullets left in this clip so he was basically screwed if he didn't.
Phantom
Phantom

Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:38 pm
Emmet Fired a few rounds from his pistol and switched his gun to a blade. Running in a strange pattern he sliced a few bandits necks. Emmet looked around, everything was going well, he felt something graze his arm. He looked down a bullet had barely hit him. Shoot Emmet turned around and found some invader. He ran up to it and pressed his arm against it. He could feel the healing begin, he didn't have time to let the process finish though. At least he wasn't bleeding though. Emmet breathed in the invader and let it power him, There, now I have more energy in case we need to run.
Redcoat
Redcoat

Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:24 am
OOC: I'm very sorry this is so late... I've been sick and quite busy. Let's carry on!
Thales and the rest of the group streamed down the staircase, they came across the bloody mess that, at one time, could conceivably, possibly, given some faith, have been Fenix's former captors. Thales stopped, looked around, and put the safety on for his Melior, taking off the bayonet.

"I presume that's all of them? And that you are all..." he looked at the Raider who had been taken by Fenix's Krag, then at Emmet and Sparky, "former prisoners?"

At everyone's nods and affirmatives, Thales chuckled. "I suppose it's over. Everyone, let's round up whatever this place has of value and get out of here. At least one of those bandits is going to come back here with friends, and I think we've fought enough for one night."
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin
https://legacysociety.darkbb.com

Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:07 am
Fenix belted out a laugh after his comrades showed up. He shouldered his Krag and clapped Thales on the shoulder with a grin.

"Jeez Thales, I thought I'd have to take on this dump all by my self... thought you guys would never show." Fenix said.

Fenix glanced sideways to Emmet and the young boy, Ethan. With a thumb, he pointed in their general direction. Looking back to Thales and his other comrades he started to explain his previous situation, and more importantly, how he came upon those two prisoners.

"So... I was definitely taken prisoner by those Raider pricks back that way, I escaped easily.. I'm sure you can guess how. But anyway, in that room, there were two cells, I found Emmit in the one next to mine. He's a doc I think, and pretty capable with a weapon. He should stay with us. And this kid..." Fenix explained, pointed to Ethan. "I found him a bit later in another cell near the subway platforms. He's not to bad with small firearms either."

Last edited by BleachKing on Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Golden Time Lover
Golden Time Lover

Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:58 am
( Wrong name Bleach, it's Ethan. )

Ethan just ran off away from the group for a moment towards a room that he saw when he they brought him in. The moment he reached the door he would look at the keyhole, in which he pulled out a lockpick. He pushed it in and slowly began to unlock the door. Then he heard the click and turned the knob.

" There's some stuff in here! "
Phantom
Phantom

Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:25 pm
Emmet smiled at the rescue group. "I have been prisoner for a little while, I have no band so they couldn't get a ransom for me. " Emmet shrugged, "but because I am a doctor they kept me alive, I guess it was a kind gesture. And yes I am more than capable with a weapon." Emmet made his gunblade more apparent.
Chef
Chef
Admin

Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:25 pm
Alan sighed and holstered his SMG. This little outpost was easier to take than he thought it would be. He didn't even fire a bullet. All he had to do was flip a switch to one of the deadliest weapons in their arsenal. It made up for his indirect way of approaching things.

"Looks like you took care of yourself better than I thought you would," Alan said to Fenix with a grin. "I thought those bandits had you for sure. Guess I was wrong."

Alan leaned against the wall while the others rummaged around and lit a cigar. He was already carrying plenty from the other site, so he decided to stay light. There didn't seem to be much that wasn't already scavenged here anyway.
Redcoat
Redcoat

Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:36 pm
The group's food supplies were replenished, along with supplies of ammunition; some cash was also found, and was distributed equitably among the group--with Thales receiving a personal share as well as funds for food, water, et cetera for the entire party. It was the system everyone had always used--it worked, it kept everyone happy, and there was a minimum of fuss.

They walked away from the smouldering ruins of the outpost, burdened by new supplies and an overwhelming sense of relief at not only the safe return of Fenix, but at the expansion of the group. The talents of them all seemed useful and interesting, and so Thales marked the expedition a success.

They spent some time at the same tavern, sleeping a fair part of the day to make up for lost time earlier. Thales sat in meditation for a moment; his thoughts reached far and wide. The outpost had appeared to be relatively self-sufficient, and bandits did not often work in very large groups. But who knew? The bandits had seemed more cunning as of late--more organized. And yet less deadly; less indiscriminate and barbarian. His mind flashed to the ruthless and cold character of Johnny Marcone; a mafia boss from a series of novels he had read some time before--the Dresden Files, works of urban fantasy. A strong underworld leader increased profit and reduced blood loss--it made perfect sense that running the bandits like a corporation would be far more profitable, at least to higher-ups, than indiscriminate violence.

A thought only. Thales went to sleep; within the next days, the group would find themselves at Avok to look for work.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum