Legacy Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter One: Let's Make A Steal

+4
MR.RPG
Desertback
Kamikaze_X
Redcoat
8 posters
Go down
Chef
Chef
Admin

Chapter One: Let's Make A Steal - Page 2 Empty Re: Chapter One: Let's Make A Steal

Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:09 pm
Alan sighed and picked up his belongings. He hated being woken up suddenly, but he would have to deal with it today. One of their teammates was missing, and they couldn't just leave them behind.

"Dammit, Fenix," he said to himself, grumbling. "You just had to get caught after a good find, didn't ya? You couldn't wait a bit, you just had to let your guard down. I'll have to remind myself to put myself on watch next time. Those Slavers could've slit all our throats if they wanted to."

Alan caught up with the others and started to walk their pace, his submachine gun slung over his arm.

"Well, I hope he isn't doing anything stupid," he said to the others. "If anything, he should just lay back and wait until we find him, but knowing Fenix, he'll probably try to break out. I guess we can hope..."
Desertback
Desertback

Chapter One: Let's Make A Steal - Page 2 Empty Re: Chapter One: Let's Make A Steal

Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:21 pm
Dante pops a small bottle of artificial adrenaline pills and swallows two of the red pills with no problems. While running Dante looks two the horizon seeing the sun coming up quickly.

"I hate running this is complete bullshit" saying to himself. Dante looks to the the ground to see the winds are picking up covering the tracks left in the sand. Dante suddenly stops only to shake very heavily, his heart beats faster and faster and the world around him starts to slow down. Dante Flash-Steps back into the group and keeps following them.
Phantom
Phantom

Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:46 pm
Emmet grabbed a pistol and smiled at Fenix, "Nice, seems like you can take care of yourself. Now I need my weapon.... I think they keep weapons over here." Emmet walked over to a closed door and picked the lock, "Bingo!" Emmet saw his gunblade on a shelf. Picking it up a smiled wider, clicking a button the gun flipped and turned into a small sword. "Now I can fight."
Redcoat
Redcoat

Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:34 pm
The journey through the desert and city ruins was a typical trek for the team; slowly, the terrain turned from sand to the piles upon heaps upon stacks of scrap metal, gears, and rubble that Salvagers were used to. Their march along the tracks was hastened and their senses were at their sharpest.

Soon, however, the tracks weren't needed. In the distance, a silhouette of a guard was illuminated by a working lamp-post. It was easily the only bandit hideout for miles.

Thales stopped the group. "I can cap the sentry. Let's storm the place, old school style... Alan, you've your grenades ready, I hope?"
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin
https://legacysociety.darkbb.com

Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:58 pm
Fenix almost fell to his knees in thankfulness. There within that Raider sentry guard station, and on a high shelf, leaned his 30-40 Krag, TAR-21, and on a hook nearby his blackened machete. As though they were things he hadn't seen in the longest time, Fenix ran in and embraced his precious weaponry, earning queer glances from Emmet. Soon, he strapped his weapons to his back and sheathed his Machete to his hip. In a crate at the side of the room was stored his combat helmet and bullet-proof gear. Donning this equipment, he felt whole once again.

With a smile, he exited the room and looked to Emmet. He could tell that his new friend was already thinking he was some kind of psycho. With a short laugh, he clapped the man on the shoulder and started to walk toward the tracks of the subway, now old and dusty.

"As a soldier, it is the worst fate to lose the weapons you carry." Fenix explained with a grin. "C'mon, we might be able to reach the ground above if we traverse these tunnel systems. I am pretty sure that much of this hasn't caved in."

At that, Fenix hoped the ledge and started walked on the tracks toward the long pitch black tunnel before him. Fishing through his gear satchel, he found a military issue flashlight. Flicking a switch, a beam of light perforated through the thick darkness.
Redcoat
Redcoat

Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:05 pm
Before Fenix and Emmet opened a vast, gloomy tunnel, instantly recognizable as a subway--if not by the rusted-over train, proudly displaying ArkTRAK on the side in navy blue letters, which blocked off the center of the tunnel. On either side were thin passages which had been hollowed out, but one was obstructed by junk--there was one way forward. Peering down this path revealed a light in the far distance, but not much else.
Chef
Chef
Admin

Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:56 pm
"Always," Alan answered Thales, grinning in spite of the situation. He activated his Inader Gene, instantly turning invisible, and started to run swiftly towards the base, leaving the rest of the team without a word. His mission: infiltration. Making an explosve entr was always his job, as his invisibility Gene allowed him to sneak past guards and hit a critical point before the main assault.

Alan ran past the guard at the lightpost, scaring him a bit with the breeze he made. Don't worry, he thought to himself, grinning. You'll be dead soon enough. Alan snickered at his own dark humor. Alan was soon in the vicinity of the base, right at the wall of the ruined fort. He checked around the walls until he heard voices coming from a tall window. He lifted himself up and looked past the bars to see about four bandits conversing at a table and eating some food.

Alan dropped back down and took out a detonation pack out of his backpack, placing it in the center of the wall underneath the high window. Get ready for a wake up call, Alan though to himself. He set the charge to blow and went a ways away with the detonator. He looked over in the guard that was at the lamppost, waiting for Thales to shoot him. Once the guard fell, he would activate the explosives and begin the assault.
Redcoat
Redcoat

Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:21 pm
Thales levelled the barrel of his Melior at the bandit's head. He breathed in and held his breath, aiming for a second to be absolutely certain of his strike's deadly accuracy. He checked one final time and squeezed the trigger--the noise of the gunshot erupted deafeningly as the bandit sentry crumpled to the pavement in a pool of blood. It wouldn't go unnoticed, but the next move on the part of Alan would be unmissable.

"Everyone!" Thales whispered to his comrades. "The instant the dust settles, we're going in. Affix bayonets."

The group readied itself for a gallant charge. It reminded Thales of some of his reading, especially a book--a chap with the surname Remarque had wrote it, something about some god-forsaken conflict--All Quiet On The Western Front. An interesting novel, to be sure, but he hoped like hell that his friends didn't wind up like the protagonists of that story.
Chef
Chef
Admin

Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:54 pm
As soon as the bullet pierced the bandits head, making a bloody mess, Alan pressed the trigger and the explosion was triggered. A resounding sound of fire and destruction ripped through the air, causing Alan to raise his hand up from the shock-wave of heat. The whole wall and a lot of the interior near it, was destroyed from the blast. Sudden screams were heard as the lives of a few bandits suddenly ended.

Alan smiled and looked at the destruction.

"I love my job," he said to himself, chuckling. He swung his sub-machine gun off his shoulder and held it in a firm grip, waiting until the others made it to his position to rendezvous. So far, the plan seemed to be going excellently, but now the bandits were probably on high alert, so the skirmishes ahead would likely be fiercer.
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin
https://legacysociety.darkbb.com

Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:10 pm
Deep in the tunnel, a shock wave was slightly felt. The ground shook a bit, enough to stop Fenix in his tracks. No sounds however were heard where they were, only the methodical dripping of ground water, and the sound of Emmet's footsteps on the metal track behind him. Fenix looked behind toward his companion and smirked a bit, he had a feeling he knew what was going on.

"Looks like Thane managed to pick up my scent." Fenix commented.

At that, Fenix hitched up his pack and shouldered his weapons, starting to walk down the tunnel further. The light ahead drew near, possibly only a couple hundred feet away.
Desertback
Desertback

Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:36 pm
Desertback, because of the way that your I-Gene has been abused in this RP so far, I'm going to have to limit it to five or ten feet at most. You'll also have to use it much less often. It's getting a little ridiculous--you're going to take all challenge out of the game at this rate, and my RPs are not exercises in making people look cool or making overpowered characters.

Sternly But Apologetically,
Redcoat

Spoiler:
Redcoat
Redcoat

Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:11 pm
"Comrades, charge!" Thales thundered. "Let's storm this place!"

A bayonet charge resulted, in true Otavian style as the party reached the rubble of the building. Doubtless there were bandits inside, dazed and confused--but only momentarily. They'd have to batter down the door.

Thales' foot did the job quite nicely. Bayonet out in front of him, he ran in to the first of a few rooms. "Let's clear this place out!" he ordered.
Phantom
Phantom

Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:44 pm
Emmet heard the sounds of a fight up ahead, he guessed this was Fenix's friends.

"Sounds like you got some pretty devoted comrades up there. Storming this place to get ya out." Emmet smiled and flipped his gunblade back to a pistol. He held it at the ready, the noise was getting louder.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:30 pm
The smoke and dust barely settled before Valkyire made her way into the partially collapsed building. It was already looking slightly like Hell, with reddish light setting the dust alight with a myriad of red hues. It was made worse by poor airflow.

:There has got to be bandits around here in this mess. And who in hell uses red lighting?!:

Eventually, Valkyrie came upon a trio of bandits, who were looking for something to shoot. They saw her, but before they could react, their weapons left their already weak grips, landing on the ground, rattling away.

They sought cover behind each other and in the flat wall, finding nowhere to sconce themselves.

"You have a friend of mine." She unsheathed her katana, placing the cold steel at one bandit's neck. "You will tell me where he is."

They merely shuddered, refusing to speak.

"Really...This is annoying." She thought for a second. Then, without turning away from the bandits, made a decision. "Thales! Got some bandits over here! They aren't speaking."
moom241
moom241

Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:17 pm
Derrik stood in the jail cell in the raider camp. He had just left underground and he was stuck in this hell. He slams his fist against the wall, and the entire thing shakes. He does it again, creating a larger shockwave. "Whoa! Never did that before!" Derrik exclaims. He pulls back his fist and slams it into the wall, it shakes until it crumbles.Derrik steps over the debris, chose a direction, and went left.

Last edited by moom241 on Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Redcoat
Redcoat

Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:35 pm
Thales was in the room in moments. He was pissed, frankly, and this was hardly the time for a bandit to get in the way of his rescue mission. The party's leader entered the room and lowered his rifle, bayonet threatening. He said nothing for a moment.

He then tore one from his place next to the wall, his superior strength allowing him to take the man along with ease. Giving his Melior to Valkyrie--giving her a wink, once his head was turned from the bandits--he withdrew his revolver and took the bandit into the next room.

From the standpoint of the bandits held against the wall, there were violent shouts, the sound of a face being smashed into a counter, and then three deafening gunshots, after which a painfully mortal whimper ended unceremoniously. The "executioner", unbeknownst to the next room's inhabitants, ordered the perfectly healthy--save perhaps a broken nose--bandit to remain absolutely silent, noting three bullet holes in the wall behind him.

Thales returned to the room, grinning like a madman. He looked the next bandit in the eye and asked a question in the most terrifying, emotionless voice he could muster.

"The prisoner--where is he held? Are there more of you in this complex?"

The one under Valkyrie's katana cracked first. "They're all in a dungeon! Eight more of us, three prisoners. An old subway tunnel, below us--just outside the back room, a stairwell leads down there!" he said. "Just... just let us all go."

Suddenly, there was the sound of a wall crumbling. Thales turned his head--but the noise was a fair distance away. "Be off," he replied as he took back his rifle from Valkyrie.

Last edited by Redcoat on Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:19 am; edited 2 times in total

Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:47 pm
Valkyrie grunted non-committally, as if she'd have rathered kill the bandits. She drew away her katana, sheathing it in one motion, following Thales.

"Well, Thales, you seemed to enjoy talking with that bandit. Quite punctual."

She looked around again. This place was only getting worse, dry heat giving way to damp, dank passages that smelled of time and rot.

"Oh great. I think we just from Hell to the dismal caves."

Valkyrie looked even more frustrated, although it also seemed as if part of her frustration was directed elsewhere.
Golden Time Lover
Golden Time Lover

Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:04 pm
Ethan was sitting down in the cage that he had been stuck in for a day or two now because of the stupid bandits outnumbering him and putting him down here in the underground next to a turret. They must have expected him to die of starvation or something, but no matter what that was ridiculous. So he looked back over to the turret.

The turret was basically no longer in use because of him he had been slowly, but surely pushing the turret over to the other side of the hall with his flames, til it was over on the other side. He also had turned it so it was facing at the wall so it had no visuals making it pointless.

He was sitting there bored, not even making an attempt to melt open the cage since he really was running low on energy. He turned to his left, his G-18 was literally right outside the cage just out of reach. He could only think of two words, Moron & Jackasses. Moron for having it just outside the cage/ jackasses for having it just far enough away.

So he just began to shoot out little tiny fire balls that only created a single bit of light down the underground hallway. He then just yawned slightly at the fact on how boring being in a cage was, but letting the enemies know that they are getting to you was the first mistake many people make so he wouldn't even try.

That's when he had finally heard it, a voice something that didn't sound like the bandits seeing as how they all came just to attack him. Ethan turned and looked towards the direction that the voices were coming before finally whisper-talking to them.

" Hey, can you help me? "

A slight tone of hope was detected in the voice of Ethan. He was tired of being in this place and it was getting a little damp so he couldn't use any flames, but then again why would he. He would be totally knocked out for a day. So he just continued to look onwards towards the area that the voices were coming from. He squinted in hopes to see more clearly.

That's when he saw the two men who were there, they didn't look like the bandits he saw so he raised his eyebrows in partial excitement, all he could think about was that this may be his chance. After a day or two of being down here which to an 11 year old, no matter how mature would feel like an eternity.
Phantom
Phantom

Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:42 pm
Emmet heard a voice, he looked at Fenix, "Did you hear something? It came from over there..." Emmet looked around and found the place where the voice came from. Emmet ran over and he and Fenix helped the person out.... it was merely a small boy.

"What the hell are you doing here?! What is a child like you doing amongst these bandits?"

Emmet heard more fighting, "No time for chit chat, sounds like your friends are making hell for the bandits, might as well help them out."
Golden Time Lover
Golden Time Lover

Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:37 pm
" I could help if you got me out of this cage.... "

The young boy just somewhat outlining the cage structure, but then pointed over his G-18 to show them that he atleast had a weapon. He then just thought of something......that man called him a child. He turned and looked at him with a somewhat glare.

" I may be a child, but I am defiantly a lot better then most adults. "
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum