Legacy Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter One: Let's Make A Steal

+4
MR.RPG
Desertback
Kamikaze_X
Redcoat
8 posters
Go down
Redcoat
Redcoat

Chapter One: Let's Make A Steal Empty Chapter One: Let's Make A Steal

Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:09 pm
Thales took a swig of amber liquid and settled back in his chair. He was tired; his muscles ached; his head throbbed. But before him, before all of his salvage team, was a pile of bottlecaps three inches high. Currency, they were--the lifeblood, the aim, the reason that they'd just slogged through the ruins of some god-forsaken Wasteland Raider-hovel to bring back computer parts for the locals.

The sun outside was dim, as the clouds blotted the sky; the grey expanse of the wasteland went on as far as the eye could see, dotted by small structures, shrubs and the rare tree or patch of grass. The team sat on a hill just outside the small town of Avok, resting after a long day of recovering knicknacks and doohickeys from a nearby devastated cityscape.

"Another day, another dollar," he sighed. "There was an awful lot of artifacts there. Who says we go in tomorrow for another run at it?"

Last edited by Redcoat on Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin
https://legacysociety.darkbb.com

Chapter One: Let's Make A Steal Empty Re: Chapter One: Let's Make A Steal

Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:37 pm
Fenix gave a sigh as he sifted through the remains of what looked to be an old washing machine. Picking out the workable units that he could possibly use for some gadget of his, he stuck them into a satchel.

"What's a dollar?" He asked Thales, no doubt realizing it was just another one of those made up words that Thales enjoyed using.

Soon he had dug down deep into a pile of mixed assortments; from debris to miscellaneous paraphernalia. A old box of bullets was soon clearly visible to him. He grabbed the box and looked within, cheering as he found some older rounds. He found a split between 30-40 Krag ammunition as well as old styled 30-30 rounds. He stuffed the box into his bag and continued on.

Last edited by BleachKing on Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Desertback
Desertback

Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:07 pm
Salvatore looks at the sky while sitting down on a pile of rubble and looks towards Thales to answer his question.

"Yeah I got really no luck in this area and by the looks of Fenix we should head back".

He leaps into the air and flash steps 20ft to main floor. He starts to looks around and sees a blue cooler pointing out of the rubble.

"That might be useful"

He walks towards it and pulls out the cooler as hard he can until it popped out making Sal fall on the ground. He recovers quick and staggers to stand up.

"Oh please be something valuable"

He popped the lid off with a excited face but soon the chance of hope turns into disappointment. The blue cooler contained a couple of unused beer cans and a bottle of vodka

"It aint gold but its still alright"
MR.RPG
MR.RPG

Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:05 pm
Galem just whatched as the others talked, he had been in a silent mood today. He just looked through some of the stuff left behind when he spotted a messenger bag half buried in sand, He jogged over a quickly dug it up and opend it but it was filled with nothing but sand. Galem knew the bag might still come in handy though so he dumped out the sand flung it over his shoulder.

He walked around in small circle around another bundle of stuff laying there but found nothing, 'treasure' hunting wasent somthing for him realy. He never realy could find much things of usefullnes around so he walked back and took a seat looking around at the others.
Chef
Chef
Admin

Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:45 pm
Alan Radcliff leaned against what appeared to be an old lamppost and lit a cigarette. Today they had found quite a few good items that they might be able to sell for a little more income. Alan himself hadn't found too much. He had found an old cash register with money from the world before it was blown to hell. He wasn't sure how much he could sell the trashy paper, but it was probably worth hanging on to. Those merchant rats seemed to like these pieces of paper with old people printed on them.

He took a long drag and took the cigarette from his mouth and held it, smoke trailing from the tip, adding to the already polluted atmosphere. His brown hair waved a bit in the dry wind, but it hardly bothered him. He looked over at Thales when he suddenly broke the silence.

"All I found was some dirty old paper," Alan replied to Thales with a grin. "I guess I'm just not as lucky as you guys. I say we look for another spot. Going to the same spot twice in this infinite wasteland seems boring to me."

Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:06 pm
Valkyrie reached into what appeared to have been car of some sort. Most of the engine block was ruined, but there were several salvageable gears and even, with enough cutting and digging, some computer parts. The trunk held nothing of value. Likewise for several other things that she searched.

She stood stretching, grey dust falling off her black outfit. She walked over to another pile and began searching for more stuff.

:All this searching for garbage! When can we go find those slavers and rescue my brother? This is so frustrating!:
Redcoat
Redcoat

Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:29 pm
"We'd best hunker down," he thought aloud. "God knows I need sleep, how about you guys?"

At the agreement of his comrades--though Valkyrie appeared quite frustrated--Thales nodded again and withdrew a sleeping bag from his pack. They were already inside a shelter; a bombed-out tavern still had most of its walls intact, making it relatively defensible. It was as good a place to start the next day's stories as ever.

Around them for miles was the lost expanse of the Wastelands. The ruins had crumbled away for a fair distance, leaving the lone bastion alone in a sea of sand, atop a hill; nobody could approach it undetected with an alert watchman on duty, and no ambush was possible. Given some ammunition and minor fortifying, it would make a wonderfully defensible hovel. As it stood, the tavern would do for a campsite, and so it did.

Fenix took watch for a pair of lonely hours in the night. The stars were awfully brilliant, and the twilight made clear every detail of the bushes and contours of the land; tumbleweeds drifted by on the winds. All was quiet for a time, as the rest of the party fell asleep.

OOC: Post lock for Bleach.
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin

Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:54 pm
Fenix sat by a front window overlooking the darkened land before their small bastion. The chair beneath him, a rickety oak rocker went back and forth as he sat. His head however was leaned back, almost looking at the ceiling. His eyes were closed and a small thread of spittle slowly slid down his chin. His breathing was slow and rhythmic, obviously suggesting his was half asleep.

In the dark of the night, marred figures slowly made their way towards the bastion, unscathed unfortunately from neither bullet or knife from Fenix. One of the figures, a cloaked figure by the front of the small squad, slowly pulled a vial of some liquid, and a white cloth from a satchel by their side. They slowly made their way to the open window, and found a half-sleeping Fenix leaning in his chair.

The figure put some of the liquid from the vial onto the cloth, then hastily smothered it into Fenix's face, covering both mouth and nose. Fenix's eyes shot open, but he couldn't move, as he was held down by another of the figures. Suddenly, everything became hazy, his vision started to lapse and his eyelids closed. He was unconscious, still leaning in his chair, but started to slump.

Two of the figures grabbed Fenix and dragged him from the bastion. From out in the moonlit landscape, their forms could be slightly seen now, wearing make-shift armor and ragged cloaks with dark hoods. They were Raiders, and quite stealthy at that. Their mission was obviously to take a hostage, and maybe earn some ransom in the long run. Using a deadly mix of chloroform and stealth tactics, it was fairly easy to take Fenix, an unsuspecting victim.

They moved through the deserted plain by use of a steam-powered vehicle of some sort, it's wheels were rather fat, large enough to be successfully used on the sand. It's engine however was quite silent compared to others. Fenix was tied up in the back of the contraption, still in a deep sleep... and he would soon find himself in quite an unlikely place, with unlikely people.
Phantom
Phantom

Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:25 am
Emmet sat back in 'cell' it was really just a room with bared doors. There was a old bed and a bathroom. As far as being imprisoned went he had seen worse places. He had been stuck in this place for four days, he still was trying to find a way out. His captors thought they could get a ransom for him, but Emmet had no friends or family, or tribe to want him. So he was stuck here till they figured out what to do with him. The only reason he wasn't dead by now was probably the fact that he was a good medic and they were in short order. So he paid for his life by helping his captors. The door was flung open and another man was thrown in. The door slammed shut and was locked. The man looked groggy like he had been drugged, he was coming back to himself though.

"What have we here! Another victim of this sorry lot."

Emmet helped the man to the bed and gave him some water, "The names Emmet Nightshade by the way."
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin

Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:58 pm
OOC: I hope you mean me Phantom. XD

Fenix awoke to the sounds of many things. One was a man next to him. He didn't know what he was saying, as the speech was just a dull drone in his ears, which didn't surprise him at all. He knew damn right that he was knocked out with Chloroform. The next sound he heard was the dripping of water. A small puddle lay next to himself as a brown colored water dripped from the ceiling. He didn't care very much to find out how that water tasted... The last noise that he could hear was the drone of something beneath him... a never ending dull roar.

His hearing began to improve slowly, and the man's words became clear. The man wanted to know how he was feeling, and introduced himself as Emmet Nightshade. Fenix slowly sat up and leaned against the cold cement wall of the cell. He drank the water he was offered and sighed a bit.

"My name's Fenix, Fenix Augustus... and yeah, I think I was taken prisoner by those Raiders."

After his sight started to relax and he could see a bit better, he looked around the room. They were indeed in a small, cell-like room, however it was not a cell. The floor was tiled like that of a bus-stations bathroom... which would explain the smell of old piss and the brown liquid dripping from the cieling...

"I'll be damned... are we locked in a bathroom?" Fenix said giving off a grim laugh.
Phantom
Phantom

Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:41 pm
OOC- yup I ment you. lol

Emmet laughed, "You would think, but no. I think we are in an old apartment building... I think we are locked in one of the bottom rooms in the basement. Ya get used to the smell, the water from the sink is... drinkable. Food comes and goes, I get some at least because I 'pay' my way around here. After these damned bandits found out no one would be willing to pay for my release they didn't know what to do. After they found out I was a medic they decided to keep me around as long as I used my skills to help them. It sucks but I don't have any other options. If ya have some friends on the outside and they have money you should be out of here in no time." Emmet smiled a little.
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin

Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:31 pm
Fenix listened to the other sounds for a while, then stood up, at first a bit wobbly, however his old legs started to come back. He looked to Emmet and gave a short smirk and point over his shoulder with a thumb at the door to the small cramped room that they found themselves in.

"A medic huh... well, I'm a damn soldier, so I doubt they'll find much use for me. And... I somehow doubt that this place is a apartment building. The sounds of outside aren't around us, and the architecture of this place is definitely not that of a building above ground. I have a feeling I know where we are, but the only way we'll know if I'm right is by breaking out of this shitty place." Fenix said.

He looked to Emmet and the doubtful expression he wore on his face. Standing straight, he cracked his knuckles and grinning mischievously. He put a hand on the bars to the cell and ran them down, then gripped it and shook to see how sturdy it was.

"Say... Emmet, have you ever had that feeling of adrenaline? Did you know that if one could concentrate that feeling into something.. intense, that that man could temporarily gain the strength of many men?" Fenix asked rhetorically.

Fenix suddenly closed his eyes and stood rigidly. The hair on his neck visibly stood up on edge. His hearing became sharp, sharp enough to hear a pin drop in a busy room. His skin started to take on a sheen on slight sweat. His eyes shot open, the pupils were pulsing about rapidly. His muscles contracted and relaxed quickly, building up a rapid mass and power. The energy within his body was enough to make him scream. His teeth were gritted as the sensation got more powerful. Fenix ran terrifyingly fast to the bars and with a single punch, backed up with all the strength that his adrenaline could muster, into the solid plate iron door.

The metal gave off a loud dull ring as the punch connected, then the sound of a blast. The doors hinges blasted apart and the door, almost fifty pounds, shot into the wall of broken sinks seven feet at the other end of the small room. The door broke the mirrors and busted through the wall partially. The plate that was hit with Fenix's fist was dented inward. Fenix stood in the open doorway breathing heavily. After closing his eyes, he exhaled, slowing his breath and relaxing his mind and muscles. Afterall, the prolonged use of that ability, lovingly referred to by Fenix himself as "Adrenaline Rush", could mean his potential incapacitation or even death.

After a short moment, Fenix was back to his normal self, although the hair at the back of his neck still stood as a small aftershock. He casually walked out of the cell, stepping happily onto the bits of wall and debris that the smash of the door caused. He looked back at Emmet with a smile after opening the door of the room and gazing around.

"I knew it... we're in an abandoned sub-way station.... hey, aren't you gonna escape?"
Phantom
Phantom

Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:50 pm
Emmet smiled, "Glad they stuck ya with me! By the way, nice power ya got there. Haven't seen many people who have been gifted." Emmet smiled a little wider as he stepped out of his cell. "Nice to be out of that hole.... now where to go, I have no idea how I got here so I am utterly useless when come to finding my way around." Emmet breathed deeply, his senses were picking up a slight trace of invader, for most people this would be a warning to stay a way but for Emmet it was a welcoming thing. "Hey could ya hold on for a sec." Emmet walked over to the end of a wall and stuck his hand in a hole, sure enough some invader had found its way down. Emmet reached for it and touched it, he let the feeling course through his body healing all his cuts and bruises. He felt some more energy in him too. He was ready for a long trek now. "Thats better, now I can get going." Emmet smiled at the look on Fenix's face, "You not the only one with special abilities, mine happens to be that I can be healed by invader. Strange but useful. Now lets get the hell out of here before the guards come."
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin

Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:05 pm
Fenix chuckled slightly and patted Emmet on the back. As they headed out of the room together, they looked around the corner to make sure that no enemies were coming their way. When they found none, he unconsciously reached for his shoulder where his 30-40 would be... he felt a bit empty without his trusted rifle, TAR-21, Trench Knife, and gear. With a sigh, he looked to his new "partner in crime".

"Guess I'll just have to use my fists to kill the Raiders..." He meant it more or less as a joke, however he knew that he was able and willing if he met any who got in their way. "Hey, when we bust out of here, you should join our little group... me and my comrades. I think we need a good medic too." Fenix suggested.

With that, Fenix started to go down the hall. Without thinking, he pressed his back to the wall like the soldier he was. His fists where clenched, essentially preparing to bash faces, kick ass, and of course take names [for reference]. As he came to the end of a hall, he found a set of lone stairs leading down, most likely to the underground sub-way tracks. He found faintly hear the voices of a couple of people below on that level, no doubt Raiders.

"Looks like I'll get some revenge on those dirty bastards... good, I was looking for a fight."

OOC: Post locked for the others. HURRY UP RED... you need to invade just as we break out.. >_>
Desertback
Desertback

Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:16 pm
Salvatore wakes up seeing the rusty wood floor he gets up and tries to wake up. "Damn why the hell do I always get stuck to the damn floor". He tries to stand only to be wobbly. He tries to find the door but it hides in the shadows, he looks out the window and see the surroundings.

"There you go that will work" He Flash-Steps to the outside and lands on the floor quietly. He faces the wall and starts to empty his bladder, he looks up to the sky seeing the sky is getting lighter. He starts pulling his head to the ground and his eyes cross the window only to see the chair that Fenix sat for patrol. "This is not got".

He zips his zipper and Flash-Steps into the small house hearing the snores of others, Salvatore steps on the ground hard and yells out "Fenix is gone".
Redcoat
Redcoat

Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:38 pm
Thales was up a moment later. It was still night, as he could tell from the twilight outside, as he got his bearings.

"Everyone up!" he shouted, as he reached to grab his rifle. "Arm yourselves!"

The party did so rapidly. Thales was the first to leave the tavern, taking a look both ways as he did so. There was no denying it; he didn't want to see what might have been out there. This was the Wasteland, and terrible things happened out here. Fenix, for good or ill, was nowhere to be found.

Around the party was the vast expanse of the Wasteland night, and the rolling dunes, beyond which lurked entities unknown and insidious. After a moment of frustration, Thales muttered something.

"It's time to brainstorm," he said aloud a few seconds later. "He's not a bloody mess, so there aren't any Reavers involved."
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin

Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:42 pm
Fenix stood at the edge of the last step of the stairs. He peeked around the corner and scouted the perimeter. There were six Raiders, all armed with light weaponry, consisting of both melee and distance. They all wore makeshift armor out of various objects, some rubber from tires or leather and skins. Again, Fenix wished he had his weapons with him. The Raiders probably stashed them away somewhere if they had a proper armory.

Sighing for a moment, Fenix knew that he would have to use his Adrenaline Rush in order to take out the ones with the guns. The same symptoms appeared on him, and just as he was finished, he jumped from the stairs. Running with inhuman speed, he took all the Raiders by surprise. The one with the hunting rifle didn't even have enough time to react as Fenix's fist had already smashed into the center of his neck. Only split-seconds after, Fenix's knee connected with his Raider's abdomen. As if in slow-motion, the Raider was sent sprawling to the ground coughing up blood six feet away just as Fenix started his charge to another Raider.

The battle for survival and escape has started now, in the belly of an abandoned sub-way station.

Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:52 pm
Valkyrie looked around, already trying to decide between fearing all was lost or hoping that things were going to turn out nicely.

This would mark the second person close to her that she lost.

:Perhaps...Slavers? No...there was no battle, and only one of us are gone. But what else...?:

She looked around, noticing a disturbance. She knelt next to the "disturbance".

:Tracks...From horses. Going...: She took out a compass, replacing into the pocket it came from. :East. But what is to the east? Best tell Thales. He might know.:

Valkyrie called Thales over, gesturing to the tracks.

"Horses. The number is difficult to tell, since they left single file. They appear to be heading East, as well. Although, what could be out there is a mystery to me."
Redcoat
Redcoat

Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:20 pm
"That's mostly ruins," Thales said aloud, after taking a few deep breaths from his aeropack. "Used to be a commercial district, if my research holds true. Easily a million hiding places."

He hefted his backpack onto his shoulder effortlessly, and checked over his Melior.

"There's no use of us standing around. The longer he's gone, the bigger chance that they kill him, or worse, throw him to the Slavers. Team, let's move out!"
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin

Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:55 pm
Fenix, with his adrenaline pumping, could hear a bullet being loaded into the chamber of what sounded like a high powered assault rifle. He turned, everything being so slow to him at the moment. He could see a lone Raider in the darkest corner of the subway platform. His face wreaked of fear, set in a grimace as he watched his comrades fall to the fast reflexes of this prisoner-turned-loose.

The sound of the lever cocking with the bolt, the pin slowly moving back to hit the bullet. All of this, Fenix could hear, and his goal was so that before that pin hit the bullet, he would move out of the way. A small clink, and suddenly a burst. At the very moment, Fenix dived sideways and avoided the bullet he could nearly spot. He lunged forward, his fist raised in the air. The Raider yelled and put his rifle up to block the punch from breaking his face.

With gritted teeth, Fenix's fist bent the metal of the sock easily, surprising the Raider and sending the riffle but straight into his jaw and nose. His skull fracutured once Fenix's fist did connect. And, as if time suddenly became normal once more, the Raider flew into a wall at the other side of the tracks, his head sickeningly slanted to one side and a thread of blood slowly forming a puddle on the tiled floor below. Fenix knew he didn't kill the man, but rather broke his jaw and nose. He couldn't help but feel bad.... but good news was that the platform was cleared of enemies!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum