Legacy Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter Two: Tenacity

+3
Kamikaze_X
moom241
Redcoat
7 posters
Go down
Redcoat
Redcoat

Chapter Two: Tenacity Empty Chapter Two: Tenacity

Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:52 pm
The group reached the gates of Avok at dawn the next morning. As Sol began her stroll across the skies, the gates of the settlement opened for the party of adventurers, now in greater number after the profitable fiasco at the outpost.

Avok was a curious place. Rough in its underworld of honkeytonks and back-alleyways, but with civilization unparallelled at the tops of its rusted towers. The buildings themselves, where they were not crudely made stone or small amounts of precious wood, even mud huts for storage, were inevitably made from materials once found in something else--an else with a use far removed from the current savage world.

The gates--large pieces of corrugated aluminum roofing, welded to steel I-beams and on great hinges once comprising two front-loaders--opened to reveal a dirt road lined by structures of steel and aluminum rubble. One home's windows were once the transparent components of residential washing machines. Another seemed to have had its roofing made of heavy tarp, a respectable choice given the mild climate. A particularly luxurious building seemed to have once been a residential trailer, though it had been gutted by flame and had its interior replaced with sheet metal and scavenged wood.

The residents of the town didn't seem to let the scarcity of resources bother them. Almost all of them, save elders and the tiniest children, had risen at dawn--even before the town's drums, one of the few items in town being used for its intended purpose, had called them up for their daily duties. Cordial nods and the occasional enthusiastic "aey-uh" greeted Thales and his allies as they marched their way towards the local Tavern and Bounty Board.
moom241
moom241

Chapter Two: Tenacity Empty Re: Chapter Two: Tenacity

Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:09 pm
Derrik reaches a room with a bunch of slaughtered raiders. "Better them then me," he remarks as he picks up an assault rifle. Derrik jogs towards the exit.
Redcoat
Redcoat

Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:35 pm
OOC: LOLwut? We left the outpost a long time ago.
moom241
moom241

Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:19 pm
OOC:I wasn't with you to the best of my knowledge, unless I've missed something in the first chapter.
Redcoat
Redcoat

Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:26 am
OOC: After looking it over, yeah. We'll assume you came with us anyway. No use scattering our players about.
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin
https://legacysociety.darkbb.com

Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:55 pm
OOC: Also, not to be a bother, but do at least try to make longer and more detailed posts moom, this isn't one of Pandy's forum games. =P
moom241
moom241

Sat May 01, 2010 4:49 pm
OOC:No problem bleach, I'm sorry.
Chef
Chef
Admin

Sun May 02, 2010 9:57 pm
((OOC: I suppose it's okay for me to post?))

Alan walked with the others into the town. The buildings and various structures always caught his interest whenever he visited this town, as they sported many architectural differences because of the fact everything seemed to be made of scrap metal. Despite how strange it looked, Alan himself kind of liked the style. It was very interesting to see.

"Feels good to be back on civilized soil," he commented as they walked. "No bandits, no trouble, no nothin'. It's all just peace and quiet for the most part, at least. I mean, I still like to get a little action, but these pit-stops are where it's at."

Alan stopped, noticing he was almost rambling a bit, which wasn't like him. He shook his head to himself and continued on with them through the town.
Durandal
Durandal

Fri May 07, 2010 3:22 pm
Vladmir was worried, almost to the point of addressing the situation with raiding the local Bandit camp - his leader and his group hadn't been back since a few nights ago, or was it a night ago? He couldn't remember, but he knew something went wrong, otherwise they'd have been here yesterday, or at least this morning. Patrol as usual was part of his duties; he was bored anyways, nothing to do but patrol or guard until the leader of Avok, Thales, got back.

In his peripheral vision, he noticed the old rustic gates slowly open to reveal those that had gone missing, Thales at point, marched in, relieved. Vladimir jogged up to Thales, his militia soldier next to him, giving him a salute and yelling "Salvo, Redcoat!"

He was thankful that no one was harmed, but he noticed more people than when they left. dropping his arm, he pointed at the new comers, had they been in a Bandit camp? The looks of things told him probably. "What's with these new people? Did you raid a bandit camp without yours truly? You know that I love doing that!" now that they were back, Thales would probably allow him to do something other than Patrolling, because after all, without him, the town's militia would be untrained and clumsy, easy to pick off targets for bandits. Without him this town would probably be worse, not to say Thales was a bad leader.
moom241
moom241

Tue May 11, 2010 2:36 pm
Once inside the city, Derrik breaks off from the group.

"See you whenever"

Derrik walks down a sidestreet, and into a back alleyway. A drunken man stumbled about with an empty whisky bottle. Derrik sneaks up behind him, and pulls out the man's wallet. Derrik looks inside, and finds it empty.

"Ruddy drunk,"

He drops the wallet, and leaves. He continues down the street until he sees an inn. Derrik walks in, and sits down at the bar.
Golden Time Lover
Golden Time Lover

Tue May 11, 2010 10:04 pm
Ethan also followed the group until he saw a small little mouse. This mouse had caught his eye since it looked up at him then turned and scampered off in the other direction. So Ethan just decided to follow it since it wasn't going that fast.

He continued to follow the mouse until it came to a halt as it was apparently stop by a very large man standing in the way of the alley. The mouse turned around and right up onto Ethan's shoe that picked him up and put him on his shoulder in which the mouse scurried down to a pocket in his shorts.

The large man just stared down at the young boy Ethan. The shadows casting over his face, until all he saw were a set of yellowish tinted teeth that came in the form of a smirk. Sparky's eyes flew open wide as this man just looked now even more demonic then before.

Then the Large Man lifted up his hand and snapped his finger making a spark which then combusted into a medium sized flame that levitated above his hand. Ethan just looked at him more stunned then before.

“How can he use flames too? Does his have the same power as me.....? “Ethan said muffled under his breath.

Sparky then saw the man hold out his hand the way he does to shoot his flames out. Then he heard the snapped, this made Ethan react instantly. He jumped down to the ground seeing as how the man must have towered at 6"7' this meant that the flames were not likely to hit the ground.

So the flames simply flew over the body of Ethan which only put a lot of heat onto him. Ethan had to act fast or else he could possibly be dead. So the boy leaped forward putting his own hand out and then with a snap of his fingers he shot out a small little fireball that slammed into the legs of the large man.

The large man's legs got somewhat burned by the flames, but it almost seem to just make him angry. So the man grabbed Ethan by the back of the shirt and lifted him completely off the ground until he was starring him in the eyes. Then the man placed his hand against the stomach of the boy. Ethan closed his eyes in fear prepared for the worst.

That's when he heard a voice coming from behind the large man it seemed to have said, “Let the kid go you bastard. “It came out in a cool calm collective tone.

Ethan opened his eyes to see his hero, it was a man around his late 20's, long gray hair that seemed to be soft, but came in spikes, a long thin white scarf that seemed to come down to the ground, a dust gray cloak that came down to his knees without a hood, a sleeveless training shirt that folds over the one side and comes down to about the middle of the thighs that is the same dusty gray color, a pair of movement assisting pants that come down to the middle of the shins, a pair of sandals that cover the front of the toes and the back heel, and finally one his back and two his side were two sheathed katanas.

As the large man turned around the hero seemed to have just blurt out to him " So are you going to let the kid go or is this going to have to get bloody. ", his tone seemed to be unphased just cool and collected.

The large man just turned to him keeping the kid in his hand, but the moment he had gone the whole 180 degrees his left hand had been struck with the blunt end of the blade smashing the wrist downwards and breaking it in the process. The large man dropped Ethan who the moved somewhat quickly over to the hero who saved him. Sparky then looked up at him.

“Thank you, may I ask of your name? “ Ethan still attempting to be polite even though what had just happened.

“My name is Yoshiro Kiken, but you may call me Grim. That's what my friends use to call me. ", he said still unchanged.

Grim then turned away from the young Ethan, who looked back the way he had come from. Wondering if he should go be with the guys or with him. He just kept thinking then he turned and followed Grim. The mouse then looked out of the pocket squeaking slightly. Ethan put down a finger and petted it slightly, smiling as he had found two new friends.
Desertback
Desertback

Wed May 12, 2010 12:22 am
Salvatore breaks off the group and meets up with a merchant to sell his stuff. He pulls out a bag of salvaged items and placed the items on the guys table.

Merchant "Ahh what do I see in that bag"

Salvatore "Mans favorite thing to shut up the wife"

He places the liquor bottles in row formation while the merchant scans the items with his eyes

Merchant "What I see is good quality liquor that apparently have not been tainted by the sun, what would you like for it?"

Salvatore "Money"

The merchant places several coins in a bag and tosses it to Salvatore

Salvatore "Rip me off and the last thing you will see is this gun aiming into your eye"

He places the gun on the table with the finger on the trigger

Merchant "Dont worry my friend I am here to serve a purpose"

Salvatore grabs the coins and walks away while holstering his gun in his jacket
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum