Legacy Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Davenport's Task

+5
moom241
Canterbury
-Lexci-
Merc
Ducky
9 posters
Go down
Chef
Chef
Admin

Davenport's Task - Page 13 Empty Re: Davenport's Task

Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:50 pm
Al Pacone walked through the wilderness leisurely, smoking a cigarette as he walked. He turned his head to his side to take another look at his companion that was traveling with him. He could scarcely remember the man's name, he just knew that he had to work with the dolt. Al had been sent as a spy by the Davenport Group to kill a group of explorers that were bothering them. This man walking next to him was simply backup and useless.

Al smiled at the silence that stood between them. They hadn't spoken a word to each other ever since they started to travel.

"So," Al said, breaking the ice. "The weather is definitely grand, is it not?"

The man didn't reply. Al cocked his head.

"Oh, I see. A silent type, eh?"

Al turned his head in a direction that the other man wasn't looking and mocked surprise.

"Hey, look!" he said, pointing in a random direction. "There's the group!"

The man looked in the direction. Al smiled, pulled out his pistol and shot the man in the head. The man let out a small gasp before his body crumpled on the ground. Al grinned again and pocketed his pistol. He crouched down over the body of the man and took out the wallet, sticking it in his coat.

"So naive," Al said before turning and resuming his travel. Al had planned this ever since he received the mission. When he accepted the job for spying on and assassinating this exploration group, he was given the money in advance due to his persuasion techniques. So now, Al had a thousand dollars for all of their heads. Al, of course, had no wish to kill these people, so he just ran off with the money after killing his accomplice (who had a nicely chubby wallet). It was the perfect plan. Al wasn't completely sure if he was going to kill these travelers when he found them yet. Their exploration could be interesting and....profitable.

Al walked for a couple hours before spotting a camp. He pulled out his scope and looked at the campers. Yep, he thought to himself. They definitely match the descriptions. He pocketed his scope and approached the group with a pleasant smile on his face. Might as well put on some good first impressions, he thought to himself. Hopefully they aren't all asleep.
moom241
moom241

Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:45 pm
Eric watches from a point higher up in the trees, having moved early in the morning. "Weirdest dream ever...ice cream zombies. Ugh. The man approaches the camp, "I wish a had my pack..." Eric climbs a bit lower, to get a closer look at the man.
Golden Time Lover
Golden Time Lover

Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:50 pm
The young teenager would already have walked past the tree as Eric was climbing out of it. He held up one hand showing Eric no need to move as he walked closer to the man. Sure the teenager hadn't been with the group for long, but he seemed to be like one of the only combat ready people that were there.

He continued to walk forward until he reached the man and stopped him. He looked at him for a moment before finally saying to him.

" May I help you sir.... "
Chef
Chef
Admin

Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:55 pm
Al smiled politely as he walked up to the boy. The kid seemed a little young to be out in the wilderness, but Al guessed he was one of the sons of the others.

"Why yes, thank you," he replied. "I have been tracking you guys for a while now and finally came in contact. I have heard of you guys passing through Natural Earth on some sort of escapade."

Al pulled out another cigarette and lit it, taking a puff.

"Could you direct me to the leader or a more qualified representative of this group, kid? I'd like to share a few words with them."
moom241
moom241

Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:06 pm
Eric looked at the man and said, "Go away, all reservations are full," and climbed back up into the tree to catch a bit more sleep.
Chef
Chef
Admin

Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:10 pm
Al cocked his head and looked up at the man in the tree. What a rude person. he thought to himself. Someone could show some manners. Al shrugged.

"I guess that you don't want me to tell you about the people tracking you?" Al replied. "If that is your wish, I will take my leave."

Al turned to walk away, not looking back. He hoped this bluff worked. If these people were smart, they would stop him and inquire about the men following them. If not, they would just let him walk away, which if that was the case, Al wouldn't want to be with a bunch of bumbling idiots anyway.

Last edited by Chef on Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
-Lexci-
-Lexci-

Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:10 pm
Amber woke up with a start. "What is...." she trailed off picking up the blanket off of her in confusion. As she stood up, she rubbed her eyes and stopped in mid motion as she saw the man standing slightly outside of camp.
Ducky
Ducky

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:16 pm
Rae smirked and looked at the man leaving."You're body language betrays you sir. Besides we already know the Group placed a price on each of our heads." She slid out of her place in the tree and stretched slowly like a cat. In the early morning light her eyes shone."Will you fufill your empty promise?"
Chef
Chef
Admin

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:30 pm
"Well, it seems like a somewhat intelligent person has decided to speak to me," Al said, turning and smiling. "What I'd like to say is that they are closer than you think. In fact, I'm one of them."

Al smiled at her reaction and before anyone could do anything he spoke up again.

"Don't worry, though," Al continued. "I was payed by the Group to come kill you, but I tricked them into giving the money early to me. I have taken care of a few Group members following you guys and made it here before they could. There is a group of them coming towards us, consisting of about five or six armed men, and they could catch up in a few days, so I just want to warn you."

Al took out his cigarette and tossed it on the ground.

"I was thinking about killing you guys when that strange man in the tree greeted me with his flattering kindness," he said sarcastically. "But you, miss, have changed my mind about this lot's fate. I may not have the information you want, but I am not bad with the pistol if the need arises and wish to help you out. This exploration group had caught my interest. I understand there is much profit in these travels."
Ducky
Ducky

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:35 pm
Rae smirked and gave him a half bow. As she bowed her eyes never left his, though her hair fell over her face. "Name please."
She straightened up and circled him slowly taking in his stance and judging how much of a threat he'd be."Information is valuable towards us, but we won't pay for your allegiance. Our mission is to find a place to live away from the group. They've lyed to the people for decades, and only a select few know why."
Chef
Chef
Admin

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:38 pm
"Oh don't worry, madame," Al replied. "I wish to have no payments from you. I will find my treasures on the road we travel."

He took his hat off and bowed his head politely.

"I am Al Pacone," he said. "What shall I call you?"
Ducky
Ducky

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:47 pm
She smiled and held out her hand to him."Rae Matthews. Double Cross me and I garentee you a painful death." With that she grinned and looked him in the eyes. "We'll move once the group wakes."
King Calamity
King Calamity

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:49 pm
Greg got up, having heard this conversation.

"Wait a minute," he said, "you guys have got a bounty on your head? And now you're letting the guy sent to kill you just walk around? What did you do?"

Last edited by King Calamity on Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chef
Chef
Admin

Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:01 pm
Al put his hat back on, acknowledging the new face.

"Hey," Al said. "Don't get anything against me. I just signed the papers and took the money. That's all. If you have any trust issues, I can leave now and then you'll have one less gun to protect you. I'm sure you don't want that considering the circumstances. You don't really have a choice but to trust me.
Ducky
Ducky

Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:06 pm
(There is no building, we're by trees..far away from Natural Earth)

"I can't speek for the rest....But I happened upon some sensitive documents. My only way out was through this expedition or death." Rae looked at the ground as she remembered.
Chef
Chef
Admin

Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:55 pm
"It doesn't matter now," Al said. "What's done is done and we should focus on the real threat, which are those people coming after us. You guys can't be casting suspicions at each other and expect to survive. Just think about the future, bud, because your future could be a cold .45 pointed right at your head."

Al pulled out another cigarette. He had to stop himself from giving speeches to everyone he met. He barely knew these people. Oh well, he thought to himself. I guess it's just a habit. Speaking of habits. I gotta lay off these cigarettes! I don't want to run out!
Merc
Merc
Location : Hunkered down in some foxhole on the battlefield of my sanity.
http://www.didyoureallyexpectmetohaveawebsite.com

Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:21 pm
Zane struts back over to the group; he'd been watching this whole incident from a nearby crevice in a large rock formation. Upon getting about 30 feet from them, he slows down and grabs him M14 from off his back.

"Good God, another head to count. God, you people are coming up outta the ground, I swear. And, yo, newcomer: I'm wary of you. I heard a gunshot earlier, it sounded like a pistol; something you have. Now, I'm sure as hell it wasn't an M14. I don't know if it was you or not, but watch yourself mate, I could be anywhere..."

With that, Zane sulks back into the darkness, then disappears.
Canterbury

Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:28 am
Chef wrote:"It doesn't matter now," Al said. "What's done is done and we should focus on the real threat, which are those people coming after us. You guys can't be casting suspicions at each other and expect to survive. Just think about the future, bud, because your future could be a cold .45 pointed right at your head."

Al pulled out another cigarette. He had to stop himself from giving speeches to everyone he met. He barely knew these people. Oh well, he thought to himself. I guess it's just a habit. Speaking of habits. I gotta lay off these cigarettes! I don't want to run out!

Dylan sits up and reaches into his bag. He takes out a lighter tosses it at Al.

"You see, things are reciprocal around here, Mr. Pacone. People do favors...people get perks. If you want to be a gun...be my guest. Just know that treachery will get you nowhere. Truth is, Zane here will probably draw his gun just a little bit faster. Then the fun starts."

He turns to the original ground.

"So who wants to take guard duty while the rest takes their beauty sleep?"
Merc
Merc
Location : Hunkered down in some foxhole on the battlefield of my sanity.
http://www.didyoureallyexpectmetohaveawebsite.com

Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:05 am
Zane shouts from his position; not visible and barely audible, "I'm already on guard, ain't I? If not, I must just be freezin' mah ass off up here for no reason then!"
Chef
Chef
Admin

Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:22 pm
"I will commit no such treachery," Al said with a grin, lighting his cigarette and tossing the lighter back to Dylan. "Thanks for the light."

He turned to Zane.

"If it's so horrible for you, I can take your place as guard," Al said to him. "I already had a full nights sleep beforehand and frankly, I am not feeling the least bit drowsy."
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum