Legacy Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Davenport's Task

+5
moom241
Canterbury
-Lexci-
Merc
Ducky
9 posters
Go down
-Lexci-
-Lexci-

Davenport's Task - Page 14 Empty Re: Davenport's Task

Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:17 pm
She stretched slightly, then amber walked over to Rae and asked, "Do you know who's this is?" holding up the blanket she had awoken to on her, "I have no idea how it got on me last night."
THen Amber turned to Al smoking a cigarette and tried to hide the slight distaste for the burning piece of paper between his lips. Having heard his introduction she said, "I was wondering when one of you would catch up with us," folding her arms slowly, "I'm Amber by the way."
She turned back to Rae. "So anyway, any idea?" she said glancing at the blanket, "I think I should give it back to its owner."
King Calamity
King Calamity

Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:39 pm
Greg didn't understand it. Why wasn't he leaving? He had no reason to stay with these people, not to mention every reason to leave. He didn't even know their names! But he just stayed there and slept.

When he awoke, he thought about it more. He'd been wandering around, going nowhere for quite a while now, and had nothing to show for it. He also hadn't spent much time with people lately. Eventually, he walked up to the girl who appeared to be the leader.

"I think I'll stick with you," he said to her, "I've got nothing better to do, and leaving you if you're really in trouble just wouldn't sit right with me. By the way, I don't think I caught your name? Mine's Greg."
Canterbury

Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:20 pm
"And I'm Dylan, by the way. That's if it ever crossed your mind."

Dylan got up and stretched out his arms. The sun had barely rise, so it was still dark and cold. When he eased his body, the noticed that his hand fell on what he though was rough ground, but really was a still unconscious body of one of their newcomers.

"Holy, forgot all about this one."

Dylan searched the body's pocket and pulled out a wallet. After going through several cards, Dylan learned of his name before even speaking a word to an otherwise unconscious body.

"Brendan, Brendan, Brendan...What the hell are we going to do with you?"

Taking out his cigarette, he began his breakfast of champions and noticed Greg still standing there.

"Alrighty then. Tell us, why did we come upon the wandering Greg last night?"
Chef
Chef
Admin

Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:42 am
Al stood by a bare tree smoking his cigarette and looking out into the distance. The barren wasteland was somehow peaceful in a way, due to its lack of life. It was like an empty sea that is still because all of its inhabitants are gone. Al took another puff of his cigarette and sighed. He did not really know what he was getting himself into.

At least it will be a little bit of excitement in my life, he thought to himself. Besides, what do I have to lose? I can't go home now after what I've done, so traveling around with a bunch of ragtag people seems like one of the only interesting options. I hope we find something valuable out there. Al sighed once again and began surveying the landscape with his scope to make sure they were not being followed by anyone.
Ducky
Ducky

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:29 pm
Rae smiled softly as everyone started waking up. "I say we keep moving, resting once we find a steady source of clean water. We'll need to first figure out a better way to move the unconsious one." She gestured with her thumb.

"Dead weight might kill us."
Canterbury

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:49 pm
"Yeah, we have got to get a move on. This felt like the longest day ever. And while I don't speak on behalf of jurisdiction, how about I suggest that this new lot of travelers volunteer themselves to carry Brendan?"

Dylan grabs his rifle and uses it to get up from the ground.

"We last were running west, so let's pick up from where we stopped."
King Calamity
King Calamity

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:51 pm
"Well, I saw you, and thought I'd try to meet up with some other travelers." Greg said, "I don't know, but I feel kind of like this is fate or something, crazy as that sounds. Something just feels right about sticking with you guys, and maybe I can do some good that way, too."
Chef
Chef
Admin

Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:01 pm
Al smiled at the ironic sounding statement by the girl. He threw the stub of his cigarette on the ground and stomped it out. He walked over to the people waking up. He had no idea why that person was unconscious, but he had a few ideas on how to get him awake.

"I say we kick him in the side until he gets up," Al replied. "But that is your decision."

Al grinned.

"Nevertheless, I agree that we should get moving now," he said. "I don't really want those Group members to catch up to us."
Ducky
Ducky

Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:24 pm
Rae smirked at Al "Thanks for offering to help carry him Al. We'll support him between us." She spoke softly, an authorative edge in her voice to show that she meant business.

"Alright, everyone gather your things, we'll be leaving shortly."
Chef
Chef
Admin

Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:27 pm
Al cursed at his bad luck, but followed the orders anyway. He picked up one of ends of the kid and started to haul him around.

"I was beginning to think you were a nice lady!" he said accusingly to Rae with a grin as they walked. "Maybe it's just because I cramp your style that I'm set up for this carrying business."
-Lexci-
-Lexci-

Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:19 pm
Amber cleared her throat quietly, still gripping the blanket in her hand. "Seriously you guys, who's is this thing? I really don't want a blanket and I would feel bad if I just left it. Anyone want to help me solve my mystery?" she asked, unconsiously placing her hand on her hip. She then looked around at her fellow travelers waiting for an answer.
Durandal
Durandal

Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:02 pm
Suddenly, without any note, Brendan jolts awake, oddly cheery. "I won't be needing any assistant, lads. Thanks for the help anyhow." Brendan quickly checks his pouch where he kept his wallet, to find it there still "A quick question - any of you been a' tampering with me wallet?" he then waits for the others to drop him. Can't do much while being carried.
Chef
Chef
Admin

Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:06 pm
"Christ!" Al exclaimed as the man suddenly woke up as they were carrying him. "You were out cold! You could of at least given us a warning!" Al dropped Ickus down suddenly, making him fall flat on the ground. Al looked around when Brendan asked for his wallet.

"Damn," he said, grinning. "Looks like someone got to it first. I'm afraid I didn't think of stealing any wallets yet."
Canterbury

Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:46 am
"Dear god in heaven! At the very least, wake up before the poor fellow lifts you over his back." Dylan squinted his eyes in irritation, only to produce Brendon's wallet from his pocket and tosses it at him.

"Alrighty then, to make things quick. I'm Dylan, she's Rae, that's Zane, Amber, Eric, Al, Greg, and the ever so silent, Neil. Now that we have introduced ourselves, how about you tell us about what you were doing wandering alone in the middle of nowhere last night while dehydrated. That will be the tale of ages."
moom241
moom241

Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:38 pm
"Can we skip it and leave?" Eric asks. He picks up his backpack, and starts walking, stopping a few yards away.
Golden Time Lover
Golden Time Lover

Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:52 pm
Neil just stood there watching everyone not really saying anything at all to them. He didn't like to talk so ever so silent sounded good to him as he just kept on walking.
Durandal
Durandal

Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:25 pm
"I'd rather not, Eric took the words right out of me mouth - A tale of ages you say? Well, lets just build up the suspense. Also, I apologize, I just awoke - heard nothing of this lad carrying me - where ever you're going, does it by chance have ample water supply? And by that, of the non-radioactive type?" Brendan got back up, dusting himself off and taking his wallet to find all belongings still inside. "Well, at least I know I'm safe from looters until I'm dead. Lets get movin'." Brendan unholsters his Colt 1911, making sure the safety was off.
-Lexci-
-Lexci-

Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:30 pm
Amber giggled at Brendan's bluntness and continued to walk with a bit of a bounce in her step.
Chef
Chef
Admin

Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:22 pm
"Well, at least we don't have to carry you anymore," Al said to Brendan as they walked through the wasteland. He took out a cigarette and lit it, taking a puff. "No offense, but you were quite heavy to carry, and my arms were getting a bit tired."

Al put his hand in his coat pocket, gripping his pistol just in case something popped up. You never knew what you would find out here.
Durandal
Durandal

Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:58 pm
Brendan chuckled at the man's remark. "Oh, would that be me C4 that was troubling you? Yeah, the Satchels and C4 is pretty heavy, yet pretty damn fun to watch. Ever seen an explosion? Real pretty, the Red Ball of Flame is always a spectacle!" he said, chuckling between sentences.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum