Legacy Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Davenport's Task

+5
moom241
Canterbury
-Lexci-
Merc
Ducky
9 posters
Go down
Canterbury

Davenport's Task - Page 15 Empty Re: Davenport's Task

Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:14 am
-Lexci- wrote:Amber giggled at Brendan's bluntness and continued to walk with a bit of a bounce in her step.

"Feels like something's missing upstairs for this one," Dylan muttered to himself.

Ickus wrote:Ever seen an explosion? Real pretty, the Red Ball of Flame is always a spectacle!" he said, chuckling between sentences.

"But then again, pyromaniacs always tops the list."

Dylan let out a grin and took out a large piece of parchment afterward. After making a quick sketch with his pen, he started. "Alrightly then, so about this water source. We keep at it west for about 7-8 hours, and we'd ought to come to something. During my days as a cabbie, I'd always drop people off near this location, but I've never actually been to the water source itself. If I drove any deeper, gunmen would spring out from the side of the road and take warning shots. My guess is that either the site is contaminated and under quarantine, or that a certain group of non-affiliates has siege the source and began to monopolize it. You know...making it the new drug trade. If we could somehow claim that water source under our control, it would definitely give civilization an boost up. But hey, if it's the latter, they'll have guns."
Ducky
Ducky

Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:30 am
Rae smiled softly and shook her head as she kicked a rock over the ground. "We have to try, if we never try, we'll never know. Ah, and Pyro-Guy...." She looked at Brenden, an eyebrow raised in question as she stared at his snatchels of C4." How the hell did you get your hands on that much C4 this long after the war? I'd have though all explosives had been, well, exploded."
Merc
Merc
Location : Hunkered down in some foxhole on the battlefield of my sanity.
http://www.didyoureallyexpectmetohaveawebsite.com

Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:21 pm
Zane is slowly following behind the group, as usual. Slow, and cautious. He knew what was out here, they didn't.
Durandal
Durandal

Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:39 am
"That, ma'am, is a secret. Sorry, but me lips are shut, to much power in the hands of whoever I told - it's better if only I knew. If you mates are finishing your line of time-wasting questionnaires, lets listen to the cabbie and get out of here before, well... I bet you mates know well enough what happens if we sit here any longer, our mercenary friend here being a good example." Brendan took off, walking in the direction of West.
Chef
Chef
Admin

Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:26 pm
"Speak for yourself," Al replied. "But I agree, lets get out of here right now. We don't want any people catching up to us. I hope they lost our trail already. Those Group members aren't known for their tracking techniques, though, so we should be safe."

Al threw the stub of his cigarette on the ground and pulled out another, lighting it and setting it in his mouth. He started to walk West like that Brendan man, hoping that everyone else would catch on and walk with them.
moom241
moom241

Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:07 pm
Eric walks with the group, keeping his eyes down, looking up and around him every minute or so. Eric pulls out the shamrock, looks at it, and pockets it again. He thinks "Should've brought mom's rosary, 'least then god won't smite me. Hehe, just another problem to shoot says everyone else."
Canterbury

Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:31 pm
Dylan continues to stroll forward, still trying to piece together a map from his memories.

"The water source should be in the middle of a basin. I'd suggest that we don't take the main road in since the last time I tried so, people were taking pot shots at me. We'll go through the hills, get an vantage point, and make our decisions from there on."

l-----^^------------^-----^-------------l
l-------^-------^^-------^^------^^--l
l^-----~--~~-~------#--^-------------l
l---^----~--~--^^-----#-#-#----^---l
l--^^-~--~---~-~----^------#--------l
l------^-----~-~------^^---#----------l
l-----------^----~----------#-----^-----l
l--^-------^^----------------#---^^---l
l-------^-Main Road---^^------#-----l
l------^^--------------------------#-----l
l--------------^^-------------------#---l
l----^----------^^-------------------#--l
l------------------^^----------#---#----l
l----N----------------------#-------------l
l-W---E---------(You Are Here)-------l
l----S--------------------X----------------l
-Lexci-
-Lexci-

Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:38 pm
Amber gave Brendan a quizzical look. "Pretty then? I think that would be a site, even though I think you might have fallen a bit too hard," she remarked calmly.
Chef
Chef
Admin

Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:03 pm
Al followed them slowly from behind, walking forward when he heard Dylan recalling things about their position.

"Well I'm sure glad Mr. Smokey over here has a damned good memory!" Al said with a grin on his face. "So the hills it is then. Well, what are we waiting for? Let's get a move on!"
Ducky
Ducky

Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:07 pm
Rae looked over at Al and Dylan with a raised eyebrow. "We're relying on your memory here Dylan. Are you positive there is a lesser amount of danger by taking to the hills? I've heard stories of monsters and mutants. Not exactly the death I've had in mind all of these years."

She twiddled her thumbs, placing her hands behind her head as she walked. "You boys would be surprised to know the contents of those top secret files I've read. Davenport has a lot of dirty little secrets."
-Lexci-
-Lexci-

Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:08 pm
Amber skipped to release her sudden burst of energy then stopped mid-skip. "what was that?" she asked, having heard something.....she couldn't quite place what the sound was... "did you guys hear that?"
Canterbury

Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:30 pm
Ducky wrote:"We're relying on your memory here Dylan. Are you positive there is a lesser amount of danger by taking to the hills? I've heard stories of monsters and mutants. Not exactly the death I've had in mind all of these years."

She twiddled her thumbs, placing her hands behind her head as she walked. "You boys would be surprised to know the contents of those top secret files I've read. Davenport has a lot of dirty little secrets."

"The doors open to stay here. You know, with them dogs running around and about."

-Lexci- wrote:"what was that?" she asked, having heard something.....she couldn't quite place what the sound was... "did you guys hear that?"

"Over my loud mouth? No I didn't." Dylan readies his rifle and looks around, doing a quick body count.
Ducky
Ducky

Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:52 pm
Rae grinned as she heard the rifle click. "Wild dogs are easier to deal with than radioatice zombie type things from what I hear. That's why the Group origionally quarentined the twelwth tower in the north. They totally sealled it up and let the infection reign."
Durandal
Durandal

Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:49 pm
Brendan gritted his teeth - he could tolerate people not understanding or not agreeing with pyromaniacs, but he hated when he was insulted for it. "Let me tell you this, laddy. Lets say there's an Irish man, with this group right now, that has a big bag of HEAVY C4 explosives and a bad temper. Does that ring a bell? Now, I don't want to threaten any of you, but I think it's best that this man doesn't lose his temper from any rude remarks, don't ya agree? Telling me I've been dropped a wee bit to hard isn't a good way to ensure your safety, now is it?" He stated, his tone of voice changing from sarcastic to angry.
-Lexci-
-Lexci-

Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:15 pm
Amber grabbed her gun off of her back and held in both hands. She then turned to Brendan and replied, "Okay, I'm sorry that was rude, but I'm honestly not too worried about my saftey. I'm just fasinated with the view," she said with a smile slightly appearing on her lips. She then scanned the horizon, checking to see if she could spot anything in the distance. Hoping there was nothing harmful close by.
Ducky
Ducky

Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:17 pm
Rae emitted a low growl as she turned to Brenden, murder evident in her eyes."You best learn to control that firery temper of yours Brenden. I don't take lightly to threats, and disruptions." She stepped closer to him, her shoulders squared and slightly shaking." You're packing enough C-4 to blow a crater in the earth, I'd personally perfer the use of such a thing against the people who deserve it. Namely not the fools who only insult in words." She glared at him even more, her left eye twitching violently. "You aren't the only one with Irish Blood and a temper to match."
moom241
moom241

Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:30 pm
"Yay, violent rage, open fire and join in the fun," Eric said sarcastically. He pushes Rae and Brendan away from eachother. "Back off, both of you," He told them. "Kill me if you're killing anyone, I'm the one that can't shoot, is a crap docter, and will probably die along the way. Hell, why don't we all just kill ourselves?! We'll kill more of ourselves than anything mutant and hungry out there!" Eric exploded in a rage, he starts making small angry movements, like stomping on the ground, and cursing under his breath. "Why did they send me? I'm not qualified? There were plenty of other docters in Davenport! They just sent me here so I can't save you, and we'll all die!" Eric walks off and sits down crosslegged, muttering and cursing to himself.
Chef
Chef
Admin

Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:38 pm
Al chuckled.

"It seems that everyone gets along real well around here!" Al said sarcastically. "Quench your thirst for explosives when we encounter some real enemies."

Al lit another cigarette.

"Really, we should all get along a little more if we want to survive," Al said. "I guess I'm not really one to say much, though. We should really be moving instead."
Durandal
Durandal

Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:54 pm
Brendan rouse his palm so that it met his face, as he shook his head in dissatisfaction. "I retaliate to a rather rude remark and have the whole party after me. Really, I don't get how any of you survived." he spoke, ignoring Rae's rather violent gestures and deathly glare.

"I only meant to pop off and let us resume, not to have everyone take their breaks so that they can watch an Irish man and woman fight. May we continue on our journey, or do any of you want a damn back-rub?" he continued, looking over at the others who sat or relaxed, finally shifting his gaze to Rae, now in what looked like a self-induced rage, about to slaughter him.
Ducky
Ducky

Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:09 am
She growled again looking back and forth between the Medic and the Pyro. "Get up off your arse Medic! If you can't handle the stress you can return to Davenport and have them kill you. Otherwise you'll need to understand one thing." She paused and took a steadying breath, relaxing her posture and putting on a pleasant smile.

Rae turned to Brendan and smiled."I'm sorry. I got a bit stressed. Lets keep moving yes?" She tilted her head to the side a bit, her smile creepy and reaching her eyes. With that she started towards the hills."Where to Cabbie?"
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum