Legacy Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Redcoat
Redcoat

A Time for War [Attn: Khamul, Red] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Time for War [Attn: Khamul, Red]

Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:28 pm
OOC: @Khamul:

I've received a complaint about what's been going on in this thread and after reading it over for myself, I've come to the conclusion that there does have to be a little bit elaborated upon here.

Firstly, under Polity rules (what EC runs on), a dice roll of ten is considered a marginal success. This is affected only in rare circumstances (almost none of which will apply in this RP in any way whatsoever due to the time period).

Secondly, the Ironhull trenches are indeed too far from the walls to throw things into. Your actions would have no effect and I would suggest they be retconned (which is to say we agree they never happened).

Thirdly and most grievously, your cavalry rolled a three for stealth--that's a failure, even with whatever modifiers you choose to apply, because it is under ten. Your men are spotted, period, and will be obvious immediately to the Ironhull military.

As to your mobilization, it should be noted that Drochasal is, I assume, not personally present. How would he even know of what's going on at the border yet (diplomatic letters sent to me excepted, since I presume those are sent after this battle is concluded)? He wouldn't, is the thing, so he can't order people around. If indeed the cavalry are that close by, they could be deployed if a messenger left the fort (or they were informed via some other method), but this would require a roll.

One thing I suggest is perhaps the implementation of a new form of communicative technology. For example, Republican forts, cities et cetera are linked using communication beacons (big torches plus fireworks, colours, and a primitive form of visual Morse). You won't have these now (that would be cheap, after all, to have them suddenly appear), but you might consider building them under Republican inspiration.

In conclusion, please revise your actions. I will neglect any sort of other measure, but keep in mind that unfair conduct may result in the GMs bringing nasty things down on Curaidach. Like plagues, for instance. Or severe military incompetence. Or the sudden strike-down of an entire legion under the wrath of Mod.
Khamul
Khamul

A Time for War [Attn: Khamul, Red] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Time for War [Attn: Khamul, Red]

Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:32 am
I wasen't possitive how effective/uneffective a ten was, so cheers for clearing that up. Drochasal isn't there, I said he sent a garrison to the smallest fort, which I mentioned in one of my page one posts is fort Gheata. So my soldiers were spotted, but Armos could have adressed this to me, and I would have changed my post. Or atleast could have RP'd himself seeing me. But whatever. Just get back to me bout this later red, on msn or pm or whatever.
Armos
Armos

Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:44 am
Fort Gheata:
Night has fallen and the battlefield is calm and quiet. Neither side attacks as of yet and are enjoying a quiet night. In Remer's tent, the officers have gathered.
"Gentlemen, as shown by today's battle, a full frontal assault just wont work. We have a cache of explosives at the gate, but it does no good when it remains intact."

"What's your plan General?"

"Our plan is simple. Lieutenant Scheibig, you will take some cannons and divisions of men around the side of the fort. With the cover of night aiding you, you SHOULD remain undetected. Once in position, open fire and rain down on the fort. If they take the bait, it will give us ample time to send men forward and detonate the cache, blowing a hole in the Curaidach defenses, allowing us to shell their men and swiftly take the fort ahead of schedule....any questions?" No one responded. "Then let us begin."

A few hours pass and soon Scheibig and his force are in position. On his command they open fire. Though they fire mostly as a detraction force, they aim to take out some fortifications and gun placements (rolls 1-2). As the enemy focuses on the flank attack, a few good men (;D) move forward and take aim at the cache. They fire. (Roll 3)
Dice Roll
Dice Roll

Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:44 am
The member 'Armos' has done the following action : Dice roll

#1 'EC Dice' : 8

--------------------------------

#2 'EC Dice' : 12

#3 'EC Dice' : 2
Armos
Armos

Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:47 am
OOC: The cannon barrage manages to barely place a dent in the fort, but is effective with taking out most of the guns in their direction, reducing the amount of retaliation against them. On the frontal assault, the plan is a disaster. The squad manages to miss (SOMEHOW!!!!) and is now discovered by Curaidach soldiers and are basically shot on sight.
Khamul
Khamul

Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:15 am
OOC: xD Your guys just aren't in their element today. I'll post later, gotta run right now.
Armos
Armos

Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:54 pm
Fort Gheata:

"DAMN! We MUST break through the fort! Rain cannon fire down on that position and once it detonates, KEEP FIRING!" The cannons opened fire and the shots begin to rain. (roll 1).

Meanwhile, artillery under command of Scheibig continue to fire as well, still aiming for fortifications and whatever gun emplacements are left. (rolls 2-3)
Dice Roll
Dice Roll

Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:54 pm

#1 'EC Dice' : 11

#2 'EC Dice' : 6

#3 'EC Dice' : 9
Armos
Armos

Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:56 pm
The package finally detonates, creating a massive hole in te Curaidach defense. The explosion kills a large sum of men and the continued firing helps. Meanwhile at the flank, Scheibig continues to attack, doing minimal damage.
Khamul
Khamul

Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:25 pm
Fort Glied:

The battle seems to have died down. Word is sent to Drochasal to send two fresh legions to begin a march into Ironhull lands. Stragglers are rounded up and taken into the fort center.

Fort Gheata:

The battle rages on as debris rains all around. The garrison sent by Drochasal has arrived and half of them are taking positions in the fort. Captain Taine takes the other half and tries to take them through the woods to flank them {ROLL 1}

No mods.
Dice Roll
Dice Roll

Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:25 pm
The member 'Khamul' has done the following action : Dice roll

'EC Dice' : 9
Armos
Armos

Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:42 pm
Fort Gheata
"REFORM THE LINES! DRAW BACK THE ATTACKERS!" Scheibig commands his men, attackers swing to put up a defensive counter. They begin firing (roll 1).

At the fort's main area of attack, Remer orders his troops to begin marching on the fort in lines of 4. Two lines advance, fire and then reload as the other two lines repeat. The "Rolling Thunder" his tactic was called. (roll 2). As infantry begin the attack, artillery continues to rain down on the enemy position, targeting primarily enemy infantry. (roll 3)

Dice Roll
Dice Roll

Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:42 pm

#1 'EC Dice' : 10

#2 'EC Dice' : 16

#3 'EC Dice' : 11
Armos
Armos

Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:57 pm
Scheibig and his men manage to repel borders and cause moderate casualties to the enemy. Meanwhile, Remer and his men manage to cause significant damage to the enemy as men drop left and right and Ironhull soldiers move closer and closer. With the downpour of cannonballs, even more enemy soldiers are found dead. Ironhull morale greatly improves and Curaidach forces are beginning to break.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum