Legacy Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Armos
Armos

A Time for War [Attn: Khamul, Red] Empty A Time for War [Attn: Khamul, Red]

Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:54 am
In the Capital:
16 March 1572
1030 Hours
Wilhelm stepped out onto the balcony overlooking Imperial Square. It was there that hundreds of citizens and men in uniform looked up to him for an address. He raised his hand and the mob let out a cheer before quieting.
"Citizens of The Dominion. As you very well know, actions in the north have shaken the very foundations of the Ironhull way of life. They have heartlessly slaughtered innocent children when we have done nothing wrong! I, no, WE demand JUSTICE!"
"At this time, a message is being sent to the Curaidach nation. A message that we mean business and that we will NOT stand down! War is imminent! War starts TODAY! Today sparks the beginning of a war for Ironhull! A war for security! A war for the safety of our people! A war against a nation intent on destroying the Ironhull way of life! FOR THE MOTHERLAND!"

With that a large cheer came from the square. Hats were thrown and guns fired. Wilhelm had done his part. He had set the people against an enemy. As long as the people felt the need to continue, this war would be swift.
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --
Along the Northern Border, Near Fort Gheata:
16 March 1572
1039 Hours
A lone archer walked into the No Man's Land between Ironhull and Curaidach. He notched an arrow, with a parchment attached. Aiming at the battlements of a fort, he fired the arrow and then ran back to the safety of Ironhull. The arrow managed to hit and a Curaidach Soldier found the note and ran to an officer. It read,

Curaidach Forces,

We have received invitation by our leader, Grand Chancellor Dempsy, to begin a full frontal assault on your position. As an act of good faith, we allow you this one chance to surrender Fort Gheata and your colors. You have until dusk to send us a reply.

General Remer

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --
Along the Border, South of the Carn Ruig Mountain Pass:
16 March 1572
1030 Hours
From the log of Colonel Wiese:

We have done as commanded. Trenches have been dug along the border and our musket units now reside in them. There has been no sign of assault from the enemy as of yet, but i feel there will be soon. Our cannons and other artillery have been moved into position and are waiting for orders to begin the siege of Fort Glied. We begin at dusk.
Khamul
Khamul

A Time for War [Attn: Khamul, Red] Empty Re: A Time for War [Attn: Khamul, Red]

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:46 pm
The letter was scanned over by Captain Cerlea. He shook his head while reading. He looked outside and seen the men of the Iron Empire. He wrote a letter and bound it to a rock. It was thrown off the wall and landed in a trench. The letter read;

Dear Remer,

These terms are un-agreeable. I do not know what this war is happening for, or what provoked you. I want you to know that these terms will not be accepted. I offer new terms. Turn back. Go to Ironhull and live out your lives, in peace, as we have done. If you do not turn your men round in the space of ten minutes, we will have to open fire on you. We will come down on your towns, hamlets, villages, cities, and forts harder than the hammer of a flintlock. We will show no mercy. We find this merciful. Our diplomacy is usually black and white; we’ll befriend you, or we will annihilate you.
Our men have trained all of their life, fighting off pirates from our countries, and destroying the mountain tribes of the Mergklen. Do not underestimate our soldiers.

Everyone in my nation would like to avoid war. But insult us again like this, we will fight you off, as we have done for centuries. I hope you reconsider.
Captain Cerlea.

The cannons on the battlements were rolled up. The Aharteans (Aharta is the name of the flintlock rifles that fire farther than most) formed up in the hundreds along the wall. They primed their rifles.
---------------------

At Fort Glied, the larger of the two fortresses, which sat on a small hill in the middle of a huge plain, was being prepared for attack. Cannons set up, Aharteans numbering in their hundreds.
Armos
Armos

Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:37 pm
At Fort Gheata:

"Sir! We've found their cannon placements and key locations units are located in defense! Shall we begin the assault?"
Remer sat on his horse and surveyed the artillery before speaking with the gunner.
"Yes. Destroy as much as you can and shake their moral to pieces."
"Aye Sir! BEGIN THE ASSAULT!" The cannons opened fire and their payload crashed into the enemy cannon placements. (Rolling for effectiveness, DiceRoll 1). A second long volley was launched at unit placements along the wall, more cannonballs crashed with the fort. (Rolling for effectiveness, DiceRoll 2).
--- --- --- --- --- -- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
At Fort Glied:

The enemy has fortified it's position. Our spotters have spotted artillery and units on the walls of the fort. We dont have the man power to attack head on, but we can outlast them. Our trenches are deep, the men would have to try to look over the edge to be seen by the enemy. We can always launch siege fire on the fort, but that will wait for now. We wait now for news.
Dice Roll
Dice Roll

Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:37 pm
The member 'Armos' has done the following action : Dice roll

#1 'EC Dice' : 3

--------------------------------

#2 'EC Dice' : 12
Khamul
Khamul

Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:10 pm
OOC: Kay, so you completely missed my cannons but took out some of my units on the walls. For future reference, stuff spoken in my language will be within these brackets < >.

Fort Gheata:

A captain yelled load and clear to signal return fire on the Ironhull cannon placements {ROLL 1}. One on the other end of the wall, unaffected by the artillery, orders his Aharteans to take aim and fire at their troops{ROLL 2}, and volley cannons down at the troop garrisons{ROLL 3}.

Fort Glied:

They aren't agreeing to the terms, and have shown no sign of movement for the past day. The Captain of the fort highly doubted they were that dense they couldn't make a decision. To burn them out of their holes, Captain Cerlea ordered an immediate barrage of all their best weapons, with cannons aiming at their implacements {ROLL 4} and their Aharteans sending volleys of bullets down on their trenches{ROLL 5}

[Modifier +1 for roll 2 and 5 due to Ahartas rifles increased accuracy and range]

Last edited by Khamul on Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dice Roll
Dice Roll

Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:10 pm
The member 'Khamul' has done the following action : Dice roll

#1 'EC Dice' : 12

#2 'EC Dice' : 5

#3 'EC Dice' : 19

#4 'EC Dice' : 8

#5 'EC Dice' : 18
Armos
Armos

Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:45 pm
Fort Gheata:
"Sir! We've lost members of the artillery."
"And the guns and garrisoned units?"
"Sir.....Our Guns are fine, but....but we lost most of 3rd and 4th battalion."
"Those loses are excusable, we have more soldiers in training throughout the nation. Continue the assault."
"Yes...yes sir..."
The cannons continued the attack. They rained down shots at artillery placements throughout the wall of the fort. (Roll 1). The soldiers began firing at the enemy, raining volleys at the fort. (Roll 2).

Fort Gilied:

The cannons rain down on us, but to no avail. We've lost a few curious men poking their heads above the trenches, nothing like weeding out the weak. Our cannons have returned fire and attacked the enemies' canon placements, hoping to knock them out.(roll 3). We must hold out the enemy.

OOC: +1 to roll 2 for Ironhull weapon prowess
Dice Roll
Dice Roll

Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:45 pm

#1 'EC Dice' : 11

#2 'EC Dice' : 12

#3 'EC Dice' : 16
Oberon
Oberon
http://rpgfrontier.net

Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:17 pm
OOC: I'd say a -1 or -2 modifier to your rolls due to the fort's defenses. You wouldn't have an easy time attacking fortifications.
Khamul
Khamul

Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:52 am
OOC: Shouldn't a roll of 19 take out more than a few "Curious" soldiers? Okay, all in all you made a small dent at Gheata, and at Glied you knocked out a few cannons.

FORT GLIED:

Some Comasach, soldiers who are renowned as the best of the best from Curaidach, trained from birth to be a cut above the rest (above the regular Curaidach soldier), stood with their Ahartas rifles and tried to pick out important officers from the crowd and take them down {ROLL 1}. More Cannons rolled up to continue fire on their garrisons {ROLL 2} and implacements{ROLL 3}. Soldiers stood all across the walls and lit powerful powder bombs in unison, and tossed them towards the trench, hoping to get them in deep{ROLL 4} and burn out their enemies.

FORT GHEATA:

Soldiers continued their volley attack down onto the soldiers {ROLL 5 for continued effectiveness}, as soldiers began to throw firebottles at the trenches and cannon implacements {ROLL 6}

OOC: Modifiers:

ROLL 1: +1 for Ahartas rifles, +1 for elite units
ROLL 2: N/A
ROLL 3: N/A
ROLL 4: N/A
ROLL 5: +1, Ahartas rifles
ROLL 6: N/A

Last edited by Khamul on Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspelled the Comasach)
Dice Roll
Dice Roll

Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:52 am

#1 'EC Dice' : 9

#2 'EC Dice' : 11

#3 'EC Dice' : 18

#4 'EC Dice' : 19

#5 'EC Dice' : 13

#6 'EC Dice' : 11
Khamul
Khamul

Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:59 am
OOC Glied Overview: I got 11 due to bonuses, so I guess I may have his one officer, but probably not a high ranking one. I got 11 for firing on garrisons, so I may have hurt and injured a few guys, but nothing drastic. I did however get 18 for your cannons, so that means I took out a pretty large chunk. I got 19 for powder bombs thrown, so I took out a huge portion of your guys in the trenches, but there will be still be guys left, although some may be injured.

Gheata Overview: With the +1 bonus, I got 14 for continued bullet barrage, which would mean it was a slightly above average result and I injured and killed quite a few soldiers. Fire bottles may have hurt your men and damaged your cannons and fortifications, but the damage isn't extreme.
Armos
Armos

Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:10 pm
OOC: Yeah i got that. As a quick thing to mention, my trenches are quite a ways back and about 8 feet deep...You COULD rain down bullets and cannon fire, but throwing stuff like fire bottles and bombs would kinda do little. Other then that, i has not much to complain about other then these stupid dice rolls.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
FORT GHEATA:
"What are they doing? Trying to rain down fire at us? Look at them failing."
"It....It would seem so General Remer..."
"Well then. Let us knock them down to size eh? We have a fortress to capture before dawn. Where is a powder cart?"
"Back with the Medical tents sir...."
"....Good. Have a rider take it and hurry to the wall of the fort. IF he manages to reach it, get our best shooter to detonate our gift."
"yes sir. Right away." The messenger rode and retrieved a rider who took the task. He rode out into the fray.

[DICE ROLL]
1-5 cart is hit, explodes on field, no advantage for Ironhull
6-10 Rider killed, cart reaches destination
11-15 Rider is injured, cart in destination
16-19 Rider unharmed and cart in destination
20 No injury whatsoever, cart reaches destination, Rider stacks kegs and detonates personally.
Dice Roll
Dice Roll

Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:10 pm

'EC Dice' : 15
Khamul
Khamul

Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:46 pm
OOC: The bombs are just that... Bombs. It might not be a grenade, but it is still a bomb, basically a cannonball with a fuse on it. The high roll I got would indicate nearly all of them landed in the trench and caused a shitton of damage. So your cart driver is injured. I think that means he'll be going slower... Not gonna use a modifier for that, just so you know why the fail rate is kinda small.

GHEATA:

A Comasach Ahartean takes aim at the cart{ROLL 1}

1-5 - Miss
6-10 - Hit rider, cart continues
11-15 - Hit horse, cart topples, no explosion
15+ - Hit kegs, cart goes boom, delivers damage to Ironhull Side

GLIED:

The Bombs, cannons and soldiers caused huge amounts of damage, leaving few of the original attacking force left. Ironhull morale is crushed at this point, since no real dent has been made in fortifications of Fort Glied, and they are continually losing men and equipment. Some more cannons rained on the ironhull troop positions{ROLL 2} and some Comasach depart the south gate on horseback, to reach the woods and flank the Ironhull soldiers. {ROLL 3, 10+ no detection, 5-10 minimal, 1-4 means instant spot}

Modifiers

Roll one, +1 Ahartas Rifle. +1 Elite soldier
Roll two, +1 for damaged Ironhull morale
Roll three, +1 Elite units, +1 damaged moral

Last edited by Khamul on Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dice Roll
Dice Roll

Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:46 pm

#1 'EC Dice' : 8

#2 'EC Dice' : 7

#3 'EC Dice' : 3
Khamul
Khamul

Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:55 pm
GHEATA:

Despite the rider being shot in the head, the cart continued, though steered only slightly by the mans deadweight pulling on the reins. The cart slowed finally to a halt just a small ways a way from the gate house. Should the Ironhull soldier have immense accuracy, the gatehouse would be increadibly damaged.

Glied: Cannons have minimal effect, one or two of the few remaining cannons were destroyed

Comasach riders *Just* got into the woods in time, although the it is very possible they were spotted, as they weren't concealed well.
Armos
Armos

Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:30 pm
"General Remer, our cart has reached the destination!"
"Good, Fire at the cart!"
"Yes sir"

The shot was fired and the bullet raced towards the package.
DICE ROLL
1-6: Miss
7-14:Hit, good damage dealt
15-20: Hit, Devastating blow to Fort Gheata
Dice Roll
Dice Roll

Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:30 pm

'EC Dice' : 6
Armos
Armos

Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:36 pm
"Sir, we missed!"
"FIRE AGAIN!"
"ye....yes sir..." The messenger was begin to be frightened by the fury of Remer. More shots called out and spun towards the package. He needed a hit, They would be behinds schedule if they missed and the Fort was not taken within the next two days. The sun was beginning to set, and if they could just blast a hole in the wall, more plans could be made. [DICE ROLL](Rules still apply from previous roll)

"Sir, this should be our last chance to strike. We should conserve our ammo for when we can actually see and hit our enemy."
"Fine, This will be our last volley of cannon fire as well. Aim for the cannons, If they go down, we should be well for awhile. [DICE ROLL 2. NO MODS]

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum