Legacy Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Werl
Werl

A letter of learning (ATTN ALL) Empty A letter of learning (ATTN ALL)

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:28 pm
OOC: This is a letter about the relatively new king. I'm too lazy to write a letter for each of you.

Dear [title] [Name],

As you may or may not know Alba has recently had a change in head of government. As the new king of Alba i would like to mend any miss doings made by the previous king and to keep all positive relationships currently being held. If there is anything you would like don't hesitate to ask, even just to meet for a cup of coffee.

Sincerely

King Samual III of His Majesties State of Alba
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin
https://legacysociety.darkbb.com

A letter of learning (ATTN ALL) Empty Re: A letter of learning (ATTN ALL)

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:49 pm
Written per will by Noburo Oishi, Regent of Foreign Affairs
To be received by King Samual III of Alba
Dated: June 12th, 1571

It is The Shogunate's best wishes that your newly established government brings Alba quite far in this world. On behalf of the Lord Shogun, and indeed the entire Bakufu, I thank you for this letter and the profession for a positive relationship between our two great countries. May our bonds flourish with time, perhaps much more than previous for it has come to My Lord's attention that Kyokai and Alba have only scratched the surface when it comes to foreign relations.

Perhaps, as His emissary, we might indeed meet for that cup of coffee and discuss a further diplomatic relationship.

With the kindest regards,

Eizoku-sei o Kaishite Danketsu wa, Chishiki no Kyōdo — "Strength in Unity, Knowledge through Persistence"

Noburo Oishi -- 信郎 - 大石
Regent of Foreign Affairs
Redcoat
Redcoat

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:17 am
Sent Per Will of President Antony Lassale of the Republic of Capua;
To Be Received by His Majesty the King Samual III of Alba.
Dated 12 June 1571.
-----
Greetings, Your Majesty.

This office and this Republic are most delighted by your gestures of good will, peace, and understanding. It should be noted that, given your gracious acceptance of the Rousseau Canal plan, the Republic has no quarrels with Alba.

However, any relationship could be improved, and the Republican relationship with your realm is no exception. A general free trade agreement would go a long way to securing a positive relationship between our countries; an exchange of embassies would also.

Please inform my office what you think of these measures.

SIGNED,
Antony Lassale
PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF CAPUA
Maikuolan
Maikuolan
Admin
https://github.com/Maikuolan

Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:24 am
OOC: Parts of this letter are modified copypasta from other things I've already written. Take no offence - There's only so many ways one can word the same thing after a while. The meaning is genuine. Also, coffee doesn't exist in the Holy Empire, thus the latter part of my response. Wink

A reply is received swiftly from the Holy Empire to the office of King Samual shortly thereafter.

Dear King Samual III,

First and foremost, allow me to congratulate you on your recent taking of power in Alba! I am most pleased to receive your letter and wish a prosperous future for you and your people.

It appears that we share a somewhat similar situation in our two countries so far as that particular topic is concerned - In case you have not already been made aware, I have recently taken power in the Holy Empire, and my intent, so far as neighbours are concerned, is much the same as your own.

Through the combined results of my father's reign and the civil war that preceded it in the Holy Empire, we have held isolationist views and stayed clear of the rest of the world for nearly a century now, and with the exception to occasional trades with Erynnen and Capua, the Holy Empire has never taken measures to foster those international relationships that I do truly believe to be critical to the long term success of any country, regardless of history, culture and strength.

It is my intent to destroy these isolationist views and bring the Holy Empire out of the dark age it has been in for nearly a century, but to do that, fostering friendships with foreign powers is critical, including the furtherment of the friendship between Kingdom of Alba and the Holy Empire. Especially in regards to the geographical proximity between the Holy Empire and Alba - Though I do not agree with isolationism, I must confess, I am amazed by my father's ability to maintain it for so long, given the only geographical border between our two nations is a narrow straight of water! It only makes sense, given that Alba is, geographically speaking, the Holy Empire's closest neighbour, that we do what we can to ensure good relations.

In light of this, it would please me to be able to meet with you, even if for simple courtesy.

As for sharing a cup of coffee, I must confess to you that coffee is not a substance readily available in the Holy Empire, and while I have heard of this drink, I've never in my life had the opportunity to try it. If we were to meet, I am certain it would be an interesting experience.

Kind Regards,
Dominante Trévutó Dâutên Kšetai Rakhát.
Oberon
Oberon
http://rpgfrontier.net

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:09 am
((Since this letter would have arrived during Ciltesse's absence, there will be no reply from the Erynnen for a short time.))
Armos
Armos

Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:53 am
King Samual III,

Greetings and congratulations on taking power in you fair state. There is of no doubt that i am not the only one saying this, but i applaud your victory. Now, let us talk business.

I, Durn Grushna Grand Leader, am willing to open up trade to the world. I understand any hesitation to respond, after all we are a fairly new player on this stage and we have not yet built up a reasonable reputation. I assure you our products are the finest on the market and can out preform most others created by our competition.

It is of my deepest sorrow that we are doing this negotiation over letter. My Head Diplomat is over seas at the moment and is busy. We would like to apologize for the informality of this, and extend our arms in friendship and peace.

His Highness,
The Grand Leader Durn Grushna III
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum