Legacy Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OOC Topic

+5
MR.RPG
Redcoat
Desertback
Oberon
Kamikaze_X
9 posters
Go down
Redcoat
Redcoat

OOC Topic       - Page 3 Empty Re: OOC Topic

Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:03 pm
Can someone check and make sure my metrics make sense? I really don't know if I'm doing that well. xD
Maikuolan
Maikuolan
Admin
https://github.com/Maikuolan

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:27 pm
What do you mean by metrics? Are you referring to rankings or something else?

Also, will get my next post up tonight. Have to run off to work and had a friend visiting all day yesterday.
Redcoat
Redcoat

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:30 pm
The rankings, yes. Also, KK.
Maikuolan
Maikuolan
Admin

Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:31 am
Cool cool. ^.^

I might rank the Holy Empire a bit higher in Land Military, as, well, I had actually intended on their land military being, to the contrary, quite sophisticated, to the point that almost their entire culture, where not revolving around their religion, revolves around their armies and military.

Though having not really been engaged in any foreign wars over the past few centuries, they've a rich history of multitudes of civil wars and fighting against themselves, and generally, for the most, though certainly not sophisticated in the same ways as, say, human armies, they've sophistication in organised guerilla tactics and basic land strategy, but, not really important. Really just comes down to how it plays out when war actually comes, lol.

Otherwise, though, I'm pretty happy with it. I've intentionally given them what could only barely be described as an economy, not even actually having an official currency, have clearly stated their naval forces are decrepit, etcetera and etcetera, so I'm basically happy with it so far as my own nation goes.

Naturally, I think this will change very quickly over time, but, until Alba or Tyskland makes a play for any categories where they've ranked low, I think, that's where they'll stay.

I don't really see anything wrong at all.
Redcoat
Redcoat

Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:32 am
Understandable. I'll consider tomorrow and edit accordingly.
Oberon
Oberon
http://rpgfrontier.net

Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:04 pm
Gentlemen (and other). Thoughts on the slave trade as it exists in ECworld?
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin
https://legacysociety.darkbb.com

Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:22 pm
By all rights, slavery does indeed exist. It seems like most of us here don't have it though... Kyokai and Capua have outlawed it officially at least.
Maikuolan
Maikuolan
Admin

Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:31 pm
I imagine it'd definitely exist. Not sure if you recall the big chat conversation we all had on MSN about it while back, but I briefly mentioned where the Holy Empire would stand on it.

They wouldn't be against it, but probably wouldn't endorse it either, pretty much due to the impracticalities of using it in the Holy Empire.

Any human slave in the Empire would eventually be considered inadequate for the purposes they'd have, and likely either be set free or end up on the dinner plate, and keeping their own as slaves would just result in ineffective work and conflict, as any Toshkhat slave would end up fighting back against their master. That coupled with recent isolation, and as the expression goes, "harder than herding cats". Wink

Though, I do not doubt for a moment that it occurs, and I don't think they'd care too much.
Werl
Werl

Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:08 am
There is no official stance on slavery in Alba. Slavery is not uncommon but only the extremely wealthy have slaves, excluding King Samual III (that is what caused this turnover in government, the last king wanted it outlawed [the unfortunate power of the people]).
Redcoat
Redcoat

Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:12 am
The Republic has made holding slaves a crime (the status of slavery isn't even recognized; the charge would be something like unlawful confinement or assault). The slave trade is equally illegal. The maritime slave trade holds the same legal status as piracy (capital crime).
Werl
Werl

Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:37 am
As stated, slavery is technically legal, I hope that doesn't effect our trade relationship, but slave trafficking is not. Any person caught trafficking will be put to death on the spot and all slaves freed and returned home in case they aren't from Alba (Samual's days are numbered). Most executions are done under the silence of night and made to look like a robbery gone bad.
Werl
Werl

Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:47 am
Also, I have an idea for a new weapon to create, is this done in a similar manor to Polity? If not, how is it done?
Redcoat
Redcoat

Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:12 pm
Define 'new weapon'. Polity took place in the 2040s; the speed of tech advancement is much slower in this era than in Polity's. I'd recommend research be kept to a minimum.
Maikuolan
Maikuolan
Admin

Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:39 am
^ Pretty much my thoughts. Development are fine, but one should consider the mentalities of those within our nations in consideration of the time period. For example - The "trialith ore" I've referenced in several of my posts has strong magnetic properties, but as those in the 1500's wouldn't have had a good understand of electromagnetic physics, I've simply referred to the ore as having "strange properties", avoiding using the specific modern terminology. I've got a few plans to use it for various developments, but those developments will be restricted to applications of the ore within the confines of the already existent understanding of technology and physics of the era. Etcetera, etcetera.
Armos
Armos

Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:45 am
Ok hey guys, just thought i should let you all know that The Ironhull fleet that has broken up are NOT reaching all locations at the same time. They were also sent out before my meeting with the Dominante....so yeah.....any questions?
Maikuolan
Maikuolan
Admin

Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:54 am
Nah, that's cool. I just wanted a bit of clarification, because I wasn't entirely sure. Thanks for clearing it up. Smile

Edit: Also, forgot to mention. In my view, there's nothing wrong with what has been posted, and I'm not trying to sound nit-picky and not complaining about anything up so far, but as a general note to *everyone* - Everything is a little slower in the 1500's than what they are now. Meaning, it'll take more than a day for a ship or letter to arrive from one door to another. Just saying this to prevent issues that may arise in the future. Wink
Desertback
Desertback

Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:54 pm
Can I make up a plant that can illuminate a room....Like a vine that glows?

Redcoat
Redcoat

Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:22 pm
I already do that (except mine's a fungal colony). Runs off of bioluminescent bacteria. So yes.
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin
https://legacysociety.darkbb.com

Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:29 pm
Maikuolan wrote:Nah, that's cool. I just wanted a bit of clarification, because I wasn't entirely sure. Thanks for clearing it up. Smile

Edit: Also, forgot to mention. In my view, there's nothing wrong with what has been posted, and I'm not trying to sound nit-picky and not complaining about anything up so far, but as a general note to *everyone* - Everything is a little slower in the 1500's than what they are now. Meaning, it'll take more than a day for a ship or letter to arrive from one door to another. Just saying this to prevent issues that may arise in the future. Wink

I would be doing the very same thing Maik. Of course, EC history doesn't completely align with our actual history in terms of technological advancements (Printing press, gunpowder advancements), however I am keeping it as close and realistic to our actual history as the game allows. As a general note - I want to keep the "old fashioned" feel to this game, thus our musket-esque technology will not progress to bolt-action or automatic fire. I apologize to anyone who thought differently. But you must understand - this isn't Polity.
Maikuolan
Maikuolan
Admin

Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:02 pm
Have been feeling sick, and lazy. Will get my crap moving along soon enough.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum