Legacy Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chef
Chef
Admin
Hooray for Violence!

In our modern society, there are these magical things called movies and video games. They are inspiration, mysterious, action packed, and sometimes even romantic. Nearly every kid (or adult) comes home from school or work to sit down on the couch and watch their favorite show or master their best game on the tele. But one thing that concerns many parents about these things is one unspeakable evil known to mankind! Violence!

Hooray for Violence! Modern%20Day%20Rambo
Violence? Did somebody say violence?

Blood, blood, blood. It's everywhere. It's in your veins, in the movies, and possibly in front of your latest murder victim. For some reason, most people take enjoyment in seeing all this red stuff that happens because of violence, and no one understands why, really, other than insane bloodlust. The thing is, though, parents like to choose movies or video games as scapegoats for this bloodlust, which could be true, in certain situations.

Hooray for Violence! Flying-cat-fight
Look who didn't listen to their parents!

Most games and movies thrive off of violence and use it as a main selling point usually, targeting mostly adult audiences, but fully knowing that every kid who thinks it is cool looking will play it during their "innocence." The constant fighting and blood of those action packed Rambo movies or Mortal Kombat games are what makes them famous and enjoyable to watch. Without the violence, many people would simply stop watching the movie and move on to something more entertaining because they are enjoying themselves enough. Some may say that bloodieng people in video games is a little too addicting. Just face it, no one wants John Rambo to go and pet rabbits at the local farm instead of blowing up single people with explosive arrows.

Hooray for Violence! Violent-mortal-kombat_old
I think we might need a few bandages...

Is violence in video games and movies a problem to the young public? In my opinion, it really depends on the person. Violent images can indeed change some people if they enjoy it so much that they want to see it in person, but I hardly think that this is media's complete fault. The truth is, the real person at fault should be the parents. If they are so concerned about their child's safety why would they be letting them play the damn games in the first place? I don't know if it's just me that thinks this is ridiculous, but why should they complain if they are the ones letting their kids do this? You would say they could be playing them at friend's houses, but the parents could easily prevent them from going if they were THAT over protective.

Hooray for Violence! Boy-playing-video-games
This is probably a good sign that your kid shouldn't be playing video games...

I think what I am trying to say is that while the media is responsible for some violent tensions in younger people (just look up some studies, it's proven), the parents can't just blame them completely because they can't find anything better but themselves to blame. Violence is indeed fun in games and movies, but some people can't handle it as well as "mature" adults like us. So, my message is, parents, don't let your unprepared kids start watching Die Hard yet and let us mature adults resume to sticking chain-saws up the anuses of aliens for our amusement without any disturbances, thank you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for taking your time to read this mediocre blog. I understand this is a controversial subject and many of you may disagree with me, but I try. Now I must be off, so thank you and good day.

Signed,
Chef
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Golden Time Lover
Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:32 pmGolden Time Lover
It was good.
Kamikaze_X
Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:25 pmKamikaze_X
I don't think I would call this mediocre. I agree with most of the points given, so nice blog, Chef!

Parents are the ones at fault indeed. If they have such a big problem with violence in video games and movies, they should be kicking themselves, not the movies of games. I mean... they DO have the M or R rating, yes? Shouldn't it be the parents responsibility to SEE that rating and think:

Gee, this movie / game might not be appropriate for my child to see!

They are in the end, the dumb-asses who argue with the media that it's their fault... despite the obvious warnings given to them.
Chef
Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:07 pmChef
Thanks for the support.

I'm glad we agree, Bleach. In the end, it's bad parenting that is the problem.
Sponsored content
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum