Legacy Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Davenport's Task

+5
moom241
Canterbury
-Lexci-
Merc
Ducky
9 posters
Go down
-Lexci-
-Lexci-

Davenport's Task - Page 2 Empty Re: Davenport's Task

Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:57 pm
Amber quietly fidgets in her seat, tapping her hand against her thigh lightly. Descretly looking around the room and the very few colors in it.
Merc
Merc
Location : Hunkered down in some foxhole on the battlefield of my sanity.
http://www.didyoureallyexpectmetohaveawebsite.com

Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:37 pm
Zane tosses his compass out onto the table. "There, solved that problem. Can we go now, this room is making me claustrophobic." Zane stands up, passes Dylan and says, "Too right mate, now I'm going on, you coming or waiting for the ladies?" With that, Zane strides out of the room.
Ducky
Ducky

Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:44 pm
Rae grinned, grabbing her packet of information and following Zane out the door. "I say we stock up on supplies first. Then make a plan of some sort how we will map. I sugest we start by going a 200 meeter parimeter around the tower. Just incase it's not as safe as the scientist said it is." She smiled and placed a hand on Zane's shoulder, leaning in to whisper in his ear. "Not all girls are slow dear."
Merc
Merc

Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:48 pm
"Yes, I know. I wasn't quite referring to you, I was talking about Dylan. I think he's about too gung-ho, if you know what I mean." Back in a normal voice, Zane replies, "That sounds good. We could swing by my dorm, I've got some things that might be useful there, like some extra compasses. I even have some binoculars, I'm sure we could make some use of them. I'm one floor up, room 611. If any of you lot want anything I might have, you can have it, but I ain't bringin' it to ya. C'mon!" He really was getting tired of waiting.
Canterbury

Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:24 pm
"I got smokes and a light. Pretty good considering I had much less before."

"You guys get a plan going. I'm gonna ask around and see what I can get for my taxi cab. That junk is on its last leg anyways. Maybe I'll get a guitar lesson out of it."
Merc
Merc

Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:14 pm
Zane shoots Rae a "See what I mean?" look, then continues down the hallway. He hurries up the stairs, and after a short walk, he reaches his room. Inside, he picks up the follwing:

Spoiler:

"I think I've got everything I need..." he says to no one in particular. He sits down on his bed, wondering when (and if!) he'll see his room again. "I've been out there before, but thing's have be violent lately, with all those "Marauders" about. I need to watch out for everyone..." He soon realizes he's been sitting there in thought for about two or three minutes, then he glances up.
Ducky
Ducky

Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:46 am
Rae stood smiling down at him and his supplies."Hmm, intersting set up you have here Zane."She walked into his room more and took a look at the binoculars. Lifting a pair to her eyes she looked through them, not noticing the end caps were still in place."How'd you come into possession of all this stuff? It's like a mercenary's shop in here."
Canterbury

Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:27 am
*Dylan walks back into the room with a bag of pharmacy drugs just in time to catch:*
Rae wrote:"How'd you come into possession of all this stuff? It's like a mercenary's shop in here."

"Business student, janitor, news anchor, what have you; who wouldn't have these "essentials" nowadays?"

*Throws bag of pharmacy drugs on a table*

"Anyone know what this Promethazine Codeine is? Some guy outside traded me some cold medicine....then why the hell isn't it cold medicine?"
Merc
Merc

Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:27 pm
Cranberry wrote:*Dylan walks back into the room with a bag of pharmacy drugs just in time to catch:*
Rae wrote:"How'd you come into possession of all this stuff? It's like a mercenary's shop in here."

"Business student, janitor, news anchor, what have you; who wouldn't have these "essentials" nowadays?"

*Throws bag of pharmacy drugs on a table*

"Anyone know what this Promethazine Codeine is? Some guy outside traded me some cold medicine....then why the hell isn't it cold medicine?"

"Exactly. You'd be AMAZED what you can find out in the world, so many abandoned buildings, hidden caches, and even traders. It is very cliche, but this is the end of the world, to some extent. I just grab anything I can get, even if I don't need it. I know I've got tons of crayons, pencils, and even baseball bats in here, somewhere. My theory: If you don't want it, I'll take it."

Zane grabbed a few more supplies, then saw the bag of medecine. "Hmm, yep, this junk is fake alright. I've delt with my share of "Healers" as they're known out there, and they look legit, but if anything, they're usually selling you colored water. It's a shame what people will resort to, but it's true. "

Zane takes a swig of the medicine, then swallows it. "Yum, strawberries. Dylan, my friend, you have indeed been duped."
Ducky
Ducky

Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:16 pm
Rae chuckled and shook her head back and forth. "Codine was once used as a medicine. And Zane, you're crazy for drinking things from random bottles. Had that been an actual bottle of the stuff from before the war..." She trailed off and shuddered showing her distain over such a fate. Rae smiled and stretched her hands behind her back."When do you boys want to head out?"
Canterbury

Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:20 pm
Merc1 wrote:"Yum, strawberries. Dylan, my friend, you have indeed been duped."
Oi! Flintstones tablets taste like strawberries. Fruity Pebbles taste like strawberries. Hell if cough medicine can't take like it?

Merc1 wrote:"When do you boys want to head out?"
Ladies first?
Ducky
Ducky

Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:25 pm
Rae laughed softly and smiled."I'll see you at the surface then. The edge of the gardens by the fountain will be our meetspot." She ran a hand through her hair and turned to leave, brushing past Dylan on her way out the door. Her gait allowed her to move pretty quickly through the brightly lit halls of the compound. Rae smiled as she reac hed the botanical gardens.

The gardens expanded as the population of Davenport grew. In order to feet the populace the scientists of Davenport invented new ways of gardening and producing foods. For a few years Rae woked the gardens, keeping track of the growth of the plants.
moom241
moom241

Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:11 pm
Checking through his pack, Eric made sure he had everything. Medicine vials? Check! Clover? Check! Knife? Check! Survival guide? Check! Textbook? Check! He shoved them back into the back pack hastily, and ran down the hallway towards the conference room.

He burst through the door to find no one there, but found a note saying "leaving soon, meeting at edge of gardens"

For god's sake! Eric thought to himself as he once again was pounding through the hallways.
Ducky
Ducky

Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:16 pm
Rae sat on the edge of a planter, her fingers rubbing the soft petals of a rose. Once again she was waiting, on the verge of what might possibly become the turning point in her life. She hummed softly and brought her hand up to her locket, fiddling with it absent mindedly as she wwaited for the gathering.
"I wonder the outcome will be, what fate has in store for our little rag-tag group."
Merc
Merc

Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:47 pm
Zane saunters into the garden, having taken his own secret route outside. He enters from the exit of the garden, which is strange. Rae is sitting on a ledge, fumbeling with a locket. Zane lingers at the wall, then resumes entering.

"Hmm. Not many people come in through the exit, eh? This old place is full of hidden passages, and one actually starts at my room. It's just a huge hole in the wall, and I think it used to be a real passage. When I moved in, I was told to not remove a certain panel in the wall, which was clearly marked. As natural human curiousity ensues, I opened it, and I've been using it since. Sadly, I might've....broken...that section of the wall, so I've tried to cover it up; hence all my miscellanious items in my room."

"I find it strange, we're always the first people to everything." Zane looks around, as if looking for other people. He stares at a particular door, just barely visible down the hallway. The moment passes. "Just between us," He says to Rae, "I believe something is going to go wrong out there, and I mean really wrong. Lately I've been out there, and things have gotten violent; maulings, shootings, everything. We need to be extremely careful."
Ducky
Ducky

Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:15 pm
Rae smiled and continued looking at the flower as she listened to Zane's speech. She'd been aware of him coming in through the exit, and of the many secrets the company's buildings contained. For years Rae had heard stories of passageways, of company secrets, and a rather sinister agenda the company had. Davenport was a peaceful place to live if you were content with remaining ignorant.

"It's not strange, we are punctual." She looked up at him from her spot on the retaining wall , her eyes filled with wisdom. "I know it is going to go wrong Zane, that's why I am going. There are many things the company would rather keep hiden from the general public. What better way to dispatch trouble makers than sending them off on workgroups at new settlements?" She placed airquotes around the word workgroups using her fingers. "I just want out of here. I'm tired of the lies."
Merc
Merc

Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:53 pm
"Aye. I've heard rumors of marauders being payed by the company. Once we out there...we might not want to come back in. There's always the possibility that we're being sent out a different reason then what we're being told. I don't want to think about it too much though, it would just make out there," He motions toward the exit, "Just like in here." In his final motion, he revolves around, motioning to the vast tower.

"As far as I'm concerned, I want to just walk until I can't see this place any more, then we can start exploring."
Ducky
Ducky

Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:09 pm
Rae nodded."We can do that now, or wait for the others. I'm not sure if they share our views. I'll tell you right now...we may not want to return...or we may not be allowed to return. Not everyone has forgotten how to kill." She stood up slowly, her head coming to about his shoulder.

"I sincerly hope we can survive without the Tower. I know how the ancients survived, but that is part of my job. History is the best teacher."
Merc
Merc

Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:15 pm
Ducky wrote:
"I sincerly hope we can survive without the Tower. I know how the ancients survived, but that is part of my job. History is the best teacher."

"I don't quite know about the others. Dylan mentions trading alot. Hell, he could trade our lives for a hamburger! I just don't think we can trust many other the other. And yes, history is written by the victor. I plan on writing it. Lets go, if you're ready."
Ducky
Ducky

Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:20 pm
She nodded and bowed slightly to Zane gesturing for him to lead the way. "I've never been out before, lead the way please." Rae smiled and pulled her kercheif up over her face, pulling it snuggly back over her hair. This was the start to everything.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum