Legacy Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting and Random Crap

+18
Khamul
Dice Roll
jbrians64
Killamanhunter
tonyiommi14
Maikuolan
Luchiaros
Shadow
Ducky
Desertback
Chef
MR.RPG
Dom Bom
King Calamity
the jack of clubs
Oberon
Canterbury
DJ.
22 posters
Go down
Dom Bom
Dom Bom

Interesting and Random Crap - Page 37 Empty Re: Interesting and Random Crap

Mon May 18, 2015 4:10 pm
Gentlemen, good to hear from all of you. I'm still on PSN on xx_dom_bom_xx if you guys want to add me.

Yes, I still cringe at that username, but I was young, it was 2008, and here I am now, 20 years old and at university and yes, a bigger nerd than ever before.

Alternatively, if you guys still want contact, add me on Snapchat on dom-bom (yes, not much has changed really) it'd be kinda cool to see you guys, wherever you may be...

Bye for now!
the jack of clubs
the jack of clubs

Tue May 19, 2015 12:25 am
Hey there dom! It seems that you're doing well which is great to hear. Smile I hope that University is also going well for you. What is it that you're studying?

Also I will totally add you on the SnapChat if you're cool with it. My name on there is Geckoberry just like on PSN. If anyone else wants to add me feel free.

Oh ya and guess what guys, I got some nifty news. I've been accepted to big kid college. I'll be studying animation this coming fall. And I'm terrified. If any of you out there have advice on how to live on your own and not die, I will happily listen.
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin
https://legacysociety.darkbb.com

Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:16 pm
Well, just wanted to check in with all members of LS (who still visit)...

I'm doing well! Graduated from university with a BA in graphic design. Now working full-time as a graphic designer, on top of the odd freelance job here and there. Living at home for a while until I can get an apartment alongside some roommates. Life is going well so far, so no complaints from me.

Hope you all are doing well too, and look forward to hearing from you guys when you do come to poke around the forums. As always, I'll remind you that many members from here and RPGF are active on Skype, so if you wish, contact me and we can swap contact info.

Cheers,

Kami / Bleach-sama
Dom Bom
Dom Bom

Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:10 pm
Nice to hear from you guys, hope you're all still doing well.

Well, one year later and I'm back here again. I just finished university (best 3 years of my life I might add) with a BSc (with hons) in Criminology, so I'm hoping to be applying for the police soon as support staff, so all the research and stuff, not actual patrolmen.

And if that plan goes to shit? Well, a number of kids entertainment companies (like Disney) are interested in me due to my previous 5 years of working with children at a kids camp, so theres always that.

Anyway, it would be nice to hear from any of you, I'll check back frequently over the next few days... see ya around
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin

Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:09 pm
Hi Dom!

Gotta say, I always find it amazing when people keep coming back to sites like these. It makes it worth not completely shutting down the site, even when everything else has long since gone silent. If only for this thread to remain active every once and a while, for its members to keep everyone posted, that's enough for me.

I'm glad to hear you're doing well though! Congrats on getting through college—good luck with your job search. Speaking from experience, it isn't easy, but it's certainly worth putting forth all of your effort. There's something to be said for that old saying, "Finding a full-time job, is a full time job."

As for me, life has been turbulent—though in a mostly good way. I lost my first job early this year, back around February. I was laid off—nothing to do with the quality of my design work or anything like that, luckily, but it was still an all around bitter experience. Didn't take long to realize it was a huge blessing in disguise.

I started immediately looking for my next job, but I treated it as a new potential step-up in my graphic design career. After four and a half months of near-constant job searching, I finally landed what I would consider to be a dream job—the veritable mother-load. I'm now an associate web graphic designer for Stanley Black & Decker. I've since been there for nearly three months, and I absolutely love it. The work is invigorating and challenging, and the atmosphere is much more rewarding and enjoyable. I love the people I work with, and am forging new relationships with other people.

At the same time, I have also landed multiple freelance jobs through both a local advertising / marketing agency, as well as through my own personal contacts. So let this be a lesson to anyone—no matter how shitty or bad things may seem at one point, there is always a silver lining. Even if it doesn't appear immediately. Just work hard and look forward. Don't settle either—aim for the sky.

So... yea. Anything can happen I suppose, but for the moment, life is looking up on my end. Hopefully other people pop in sooner or later to give us an update as well.
the jack of clubs
the jack of clubs

Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:41 pm
Hello, gentlemen! I gotta say it is quite the sight to see this thread continue after so many years. Turns out I still get email notifications when someone replies on here.  Smile  It sounds like things are going super well for you  guys which is great to hear. Good luck on your job search Dom! and Bleach, congratulations on landing your dream job! I have a few friends who do graphic design related things as well so I've heard just how hard it can be to find a good position like that.
As for me it seems that school is going to take longer than I had originally planned. If everything goes well i will be looking at graduating in the summer of 2018. I'm still doing animation stuff and i've been having a lot of fun with 3D modeling and whatnot as of late. Soon enough I will begin my own trek to finding a job in my field. I'm not really sure where it will take me, but there are some small local animation studios here in Minneapolis. Other than that not much else is new on this end, as most of life has been nothing but school work.
I'm looking forward to hearing form you guys again soon! Take care
Maikuolan
Maikuolan
Admin
https://github.com/Maikuolan

Sat May 27, 2017 12:13 pm
Would be kind of cool to try starting something up again. Has been quite a while for me, anywhere.
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin

Sat May 27, 2017 12:17 pm
BleachKing here (renamed to Kami lol) It's always a welcomed sight to see members return here every once and a while. It sorta validates my push to just keep the site online, even if it isn't as active as it's heyday in 2009.

Jack, I'm sure you'll find something great once you're finished with school! Animation and 3D modeling is fun for sure, and I'm certain it can be a bit of a challenge if you aren't considering all your options for work, but if you have the talent, employers will always go after you. Good luck, man!

In terms of this site, it appears to be the last of a generation of RP forum-going. I've decided to start doing some light overhauls to the site, improve its functionality, and such. With RPGF having finally closed its doors, after so long, I want our members to be aware that should they want to find a place where the doors are open for any sort of creative pursuits, LS is here for that.
Maikuolan
Maikuolan
Admin
https://github.com/Maikuolan

Mon May 29, 2017 12:48 pm
Sounds good. :-)
the jack of clubs
the jack of clubs

Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:09 am
Hello, all. Just wanted to pop in and say hello.
i just realized its been just over a year since I stopped by... Shame on me.
Bleach I appreciate how you still take the time to make sure this site stays up and running. Even it is just for a small handful of us. Smile
Tomorrow is my last day of classes for the semester before heading home to celebrate the holidays. A break I am very much looking forward too. 2017 has been a particularly rough year. Anyway I hope you're all doing well. Happy holidays, and happy new year! I hope to hear from you guys soon.
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin

Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:48 pm
I forgot I receive email notifications whenever someone replies to this thread. Handy!

Happy Holidays, everyone—no matter what you celebrate, enjoy it! 2017 is rapidly coming to a close, so lets all hope for a better, more prosperous 2018. Nevertheless, LS will still be standing; so as I mentioned early on this year, everyone and anyone is encouraged to log their creative pursuits here, if they so wish. These doors will be open.

Anywho, enjoys your holidays all! I'm sure I'll talk to you guys next year.

Cheers,

Kami/Bleach
the jack of clubs
the jack of clubs

Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:25 am
Well we made it, guys. The end of 2017. I don't know about you but I found this year to be... turbulent to say the least. I too hope for a more prosperous 2018 as well, Kami/Bleach. (whichever you prefer now) Smile As for creative pursuits perhaps I'll post some things on here, as I'm in the midst of my final animation project for school. I hope your graphic design career has been treating you well, Kami/Bleach.

Here's to 2018.  drunken Skål!

EDIT: So you guys know about the WayBackMachine? It's a site that archives old websites. Anyway I just wanted to leave this here. Wink

https://web.archive.org/web/20091129102338/http://www.pandemicstudios.com:80/community/index.php
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin

Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:10 pm
A little late perhaps, but Happy 2018, everyone!

And JoC, man the nostalgia came rushing back. So crazy, looking back at Pandy after all this time. Hah.
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin

Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:50 pm
Hey all—figured I might as well mention, LS has been given a shiny new facelift! Indeed, it's been about nine years too late, but I figured it was about time to drag this site into the modern age of web designs. It's nothing too fancy, but it's clean and laid out nicely!

Do feel free to leave some feedback, and any ideas for changes you'd like made. I'll see what I can do.

Cheers,

– Kami
the jack of clubs
the jack of clubs

Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:15 pm
It's looking good over here Kami Smile The only real feedback I have is that some of the lighter text is difficult to read on the white backgrounds. For instance the User info under the avatars. Otherwise I would say it looks really sleek.
I hope 2018 has been a good year for everyone so far!
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin

Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:38 pm
the jack of clubs wrote:It's looking good over here Kami Smile The only real feedback I have is that some of the lighter text is difficult to read on the white backgrounds. For instance the User info under the avatars. Otherwise I would say it looks really sleek.
I hope 2018 has been a good year for everyone so far!

Agreed! I'm trying to tweak the CSS on the site to darken that text up a bit. The ACP allows only so much, unfortunately. Thanks for the feedback, though!
the jack of clubs
the jack of clubs

Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:24 pm
Greetings gentlemen!
My extremely erratic posting schedule seems to have slowed in recent years.
I hope all is well.  I personally have had a very draining couple years for both good an bad reasons. But in a nutshell I graduated college, went to Iceland for month, and have been working a new job at an art studio for last 6 months, It seems like life stuff is starting to come together. Although I must say life stuff kinda sucks sometimes. Can we go back to the days of Halo and Capri Sun?
How has 2019 been treating you guys?
I hope to hear from ya'll soon.
- JOC

Side note: I found my way back to GameTramp lately and theres a handful of the old crew still hanging about in case you guys wanna pop in and say hey. Smile
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin

Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:18 pm
Hey JOC!

Yea, between the end of 2018 and through to the present, life has been a bit of a whirlwind. Mostly good, however! 2018 was rough though—Stanley Black & Decker went through two series of pretty bad layoffs due to the tariff wars going on with China. Despite being the largest tool manufacturer in the world, the impact on steel production was pretty difficult to wade through, in addition to a lot of other factors. Luckily, I made it through both with my job intact.

2019 has thus far been pretty good. Feels like the calm after a storm, I guess. Big things are on the horizon in life too—my older sis is getting married, so her wedding is coming up later this month! Very excited for them. I also started learning how to snowboard during the winter / spring, since I wanted something to do when it does snow, rather than sit inside being bored for a full season. In addition, I and a few friends are planning a two-week vacation this summer. July into August, we're heading to Colorado and Wyoming for some relaxation and hiking! I've never been out west, so I'm pretty stoked! I am also going on the hunt for an apartment with a few friends too, so I'll finally be 'leaving the nest'. haha

As far as Halo and Capri Sun are concerned, those things haven't gone anywhere, JOC. lol Head on over to your local market and pick em up to enjoy a blast from the past. Maybe it'll help you to forget all the 'adulting' we've all been doing as of late.
the jack of clubs
the jack of clubs

Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:12 pm
Glad to hear things are okay my man. It never occurred to me how tariffs may effect the graphic design industry, but it's great that you made it through unscathed Smile
Sounds like you have very exciting things in store you indeed! Congrats to your sister and good luck with the snowboarding.
Two week vacation? Damn that sounds awesome. Especially in such a beautiful area. You guys tent camping out there? Nothing beats a bonfire in a setting like that.
When it comes to moving out I'm in the same boat as you. Now that I actually have a decent paying job my girlfriend and I have been low-key apartment shopping, but the rent in our area is unfortunately high making the process far more difficult than necessary. But that's just life I guess. Otherwise I've been trying to be more productive art-wise. Since I graduated my personal projects have been lacking. Recently started posting art on insatgram so hopefully that will keep me motivated.

Speaking of "blasts from the past" did you see the news? Destroy All Humans has made a resurgence. THQNordic is remaking the first one and it will be out early next year. You can bet you ass I'm picking that up day one Wink
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin

Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:01 am
So, no camping out there for us, as we've booked airbnbs for both CO and WY lol. In this case, we'll be doing a lot of day hiking and such. Either way, pretty stoked for the trip!

And yea, I have heard about Destroy All Humans! Definitely a bit of nostalgia there, I remember playing it quite a bit on PS2 way back in the day. Dunno if I'll pick it up myself, but I'll certainly wait to see how the reviews are. haha
Sponsored content