Interesting and Random Crap

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Interesting and Random Crap

Post by the jack of clubs on Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:57 pm

HEEELLLLOOOO? IS ANYBODY OUT THERE?
Damn. Well just in case... How have people been? Its been quite some time since anyone has posted here I see. Avery long time... Anyone have a story to tell?
*wind howls*
*cricket chirps*
Fuck.
the jack of clubs
Attainer
Attainer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maikuolan on Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:49 am

Not doing too bad! Although, I don't think anyone seems to really come here anymore. '^.^

Most of us are still in communication via Skype - If you've got Skype, might be worth adding our contacts on there.
Maikuolan
Teacher
Teacher

View user profile https://github.com/Maikuolan

Back to top Go down

Post by the jack of clubs on Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:07 pm

Yes I see that. It's a shame no one comes around here anymore. I remember back in ye olde Pandemic days we were all quite close. Well... As close as you could be over an internet forum.

But yes I do have Skype. I haven't used it as of late because my computer fried and I am currently using a Chrome Book which cannot install Skype. But feel free to add me. My Skype name is geckoberry.
the jack of clubs
Attainer
Attainer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze_X on Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:04 pm

For whatever reason, it looks as though the actual box to post in has gotten smaller.... strange.

Also, good to see some people still show up here from time to time. XD Most of us remaining, go to RPGF, especially since LS died. Or then, I suppose we've just breathed a speck of life into this site again? Well, why not.

EDIT: Also, Jack, I'm definitely adding you. Whenever you finally get a chance to use Skype again, look for me (if you forget to accept my friend request or something): "kamikaze_x04" is my username.
Kamikaze_X
Overseers
Overseers

View user profile http://legacysociety.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by the jack of clubs on Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:29 pm

Hey Bleach! Good to hear from you! I will definitely be accepting your Skype request. Maikuolan just added me as well. I still have Skype on my phone and my iPod so I am able to use it on those i just don't that often because it drains the battery pretty quickly.
And yes perhaps there is a small chance we have breathed new life into LS. Wouldn't that be something? I am still in contact with DJ, Merx_Back, Wiiper77 and a few others over PSN, but a lot of people have sadly dropped off the map.
Also if you guys want I could add you on Facebook if you're interested. Given that I have been chatting on and off with a good majority of you fellas for a good 7 years or so I feel I would be okay with that. That's where I do the majority of my social internetting, just message me on Skype or on here if you want. Otherwise if that's not your thing its all good.
the jack of clubs
Attainer
Attainer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze_X on Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:51 pm

I'll definitely be adding you on Skype. And also, if you're ever interested, I definitely would check out RPGF. You should be familiar with the vast majority of everyone that goes there; though honestly, the site's mostly used for RPing now. All of the chatter is going on through Skype. Razz Nothing wrong with that, of course.
Kamikaze_X
Overseers
Overseers

Back to top Go down

Post by the jack of clubs on Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:03 am

Alright sounds good. I'm not sure if I'll be joining RPGF though. I never really got into RPGing online all that much.
the jack of clubs
Attainer
Attainer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze_X on Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:11 am

Fair enough. You're not alone with that; people either enjoy it or not. lol

Hopefully we'll see you around on Skype though! You mentioned above that we were all fairly close "as far as a forum can go", but Skype makes it feel more like a long-distance friendship, rather than just members of a forum that occasionally talk to each other.

Besides that, I've been able to keep in touch with only one other Pandemite over the last couple of years through Skype, that being Joe.. err, well, what was he known as before? Khamul, I think... He co-GM'd with Jonny on "Last Stand of the Jedi Order" back on Pandy. That guy. XD
Kamikaze_X
Overseers
Overseers

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ. on Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:08 pm

Whoa. The box to post in has gotten smaller along with different than I remember.

Anyway, as Jack mentioned I keep up with him Merx, Wiiper, 707Officer, Kane, Ickus, RPG, and a few others(who I don't recall since they aren't online steam atm when I'm typing this) through PSN and Steam. Steam actually has a group for old Pandemic Members. You can add me if you want on Facebook Jack but just to forewarn you I rarely post status updates. I mostly just post pictures from pages I follow and things of that nature. Still, good way to contact me if you ever need to.

Online RPG'ing I never got into with the exception of the one I had on Creative Freedom. Successful for a while and of course died out because players stopped posting thus halting all progress of the RP and ultimately killing it. I get on CF now to chat with friends I've made and so forth but that is about it. I joined RPGF I think but haven't logged on in ages. I might do so just to check in with everyone who is still there that I know if they are.

Oh yeah Khamul, he was pretty awesome. With that being said if anyone wants to add me on Skype to continue contact feel free to do so. I don't get on much but I might here in the future.

Has won the the attention-deficit award courtesy of Lyon
DJ.
Punishers
Punishers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze_X on Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:04 am

Oh wow, heyya DJ. Also, get onto Skype. Everyone from RPGF is always on, alongside a couple of choice Pandemites/SGSers/LSers. The whole gang, practically, along with a few others:

Me (obviously)
Redcoat
Nowe
Chef
Ickus / Specter / Durandal
Maikuolan
Archer
Lyon
Armos
Joe / Khamul
Ducky
Luchiaros / DarkWarden
Vithar
and rarely, but sometimes, TEG
And now sometimes JOC.

Get online once and a while! We need to catch up!

(PS: Skype name is "kamikaze_x04", if you want to find me. :3)
Kamikaze_X
Overseers
Overseers

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ. on Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:39 pm

I have added you and will now try to be online more than usual which was like...never..

DJ.
Punishers
Punishers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ. on Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:05 am

Yes I know this will be a double post.

The site gets redirected to nothing now and I am only posting this using a cached version of the site I think or something? I have to stop the page before it redirects me to even post or browse now.... Sad

DJ.
Punishers
Punishers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by the jack of clubs on Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:12 pm

Yeah, sorry I'm not on Skype that much. I can only use it on my phone now since my computer fried. But you can send me a message anytime and I'll get a notification.
And DJ, sure I'll add you on fb. I'll send you a link on here. I don't post a whole lot either but what the hell. It would be cool to put a face to the name after all these years. Come to think of it I'm not sure if I've seen any of your faces.
I had kept in contact with many Pandemites for a while. I haven't talked to most f them as of late.
I still talk to you guys obviously,
Wiiper on occasion
and Killamanhunter,
xx_dom_bom_xx
Merx_Back
CCCP
Bangaro
EIRE fell off the face of the earth, along with Boom Boom which is kinda a shame.
I remember a few years ago a handful of us had a reunion on PSN. That hasn't happened for a long time.
the jack of clubs
Attainer
Attainer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze_X on Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:25 pm

I still sorta remember when that Pandemic account on XBL was supposed to be a thing. So much for that, considering LOTR Conquest died hard.

Could've probably been a good way to stay connected with a lot of people from Pandy...
Kamikaze_X
Overseers
Overseers

Back to top Go down

Post by Dom Bom on Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:18 pm

Wow, it's been a long time since i've been on a forum. It's 3am here and I can't sleep and remembered this place... For those still alive, how's everyone doing?
Dom Bom
Learner
Learner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze_X on Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:50 pm

Wow Dom, indeed it has been a while!

Everything's been fine, thankfully. Just finishing up this last bit of a final semester to end my college career. It's a little scary, but I'm eager to jump right into the graphic design field. So, wish me luck in finding a decent job. lol

How goes it for you?
Kamikaze_X
Overseers
Overseers

Back to top Go down

Post by Canterbury on Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:44 pm

Helloooooo nostalgia!

So for reasons unexplained, I don't ever use browser based bookmarks. Instead, I have a site where I store all my links. I'm pretty sure this is an antiquated way of doing things, but that's what I'm used do.

Anyways, scrolling down the list of sites, I see a bunch of old links associated with the Pandemic days. Most of them were dead except for this one so here I am!

Hope everyone is doing well and have a great 2015. Also, because its inevitable, I feel like I should bring up the Hobbit films. Yeah, those films Very Happy

Canterbury
Professor
Professor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maikuolan on Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:40 pm

Happy 2015 everyone. XD

Haven't seen the latest yet.. Had been planning on doing so for some time; I really should get onto that.
Maikuolan
Teacher
Teacher

View user profile https://github.com/Maikuolan

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ. on Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:53 am

the jack of clubs wrote:Yeah, sorry I'm not on Skype that much. I can only use it on my phone now since my computer fried. But you can send me a message anytime and I'll get a notification.
And DJ, sure I'll add you on fb. I'll send you a link on here. I don't post a whole lot either but what the hell. It would be cool to put a face to the name after all these years. Come to think of it I'm not sure if I've seen any of your faces.
I had kept in contact with many Pandemites for a while. I haven't talked to most f them as of late.
I still talk to you guys obviously,
Wiiper on occasion
and Killamanhunter,
xx_dom_bom_xx
Merx_Back
CCCP
Bangaro

EIRE fell off the face of the earth, along with Boom Boom which is kinda a shame.
I remember a few years ago a handful of us had a reunion on PSN. That hasn't happened for a long time.
I miss Boom and EIRE.
I added Merx on FB and still talk to him occasionally. Kmag I have added as well. Still friends with Ducky on Skype.
As for Dom and Wiiper I see them on PSN every now and then don't talk to them much. I think I might do that now that it's mentioned.
CCCP I haven't talked to in AGES.
Bangaro....I miss Bangaro. If you talk to him again, tell him I said hi JOC. Same for CCCP as well.

Welcome back Dom and Canter! Glad to see you dropped by.

Hope you're both doing well.

Happy 2015 indeed Maik!

I am almost done with College as well Bleach. Can you believe it? We've known each other that long. Wow.

Well if anyone else sees this post feel free to keep in touch via Skype, Facebook, or whatever other means you feel like. I do enjoy this little community of ours. Very Happy

DJ.
Punishers
Punishers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by the jack of clubs on Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:31 pm

Wow it seems everyone seems to have stumbled back here one way or another. What are the odds of this? Speaking f the old days I got friend request the other day from a player on PS4. To my surprise it was our buddy EIRE under a new name. Apparently his system crashed years ago and he just got back to it. So it turns out he is alive and well.

And ya I'll let those guy know you said hi when I talk to them next.

Dom great to hear from you too, pal! I believe we're still PSN friends if I'm not mistaken. Perhaps we should get a party going one of these days.
the jack of clubs
Attainer
Attainer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dom Bom on Mon May 18, 2015 4:10 pm

Gentlemen, good to hear from all of you. I'm still on PSN on xx_dom_bom_xx if you guys want to add me.

Yes, I still cringe at that username, but I was young, it was 2008, and here I am now, 20 years old and at university and yes, a bigger nerd than ever before.

Alternatively, if you guys still want contact, add me on Snapchat on dom-bom (yes, not much has changed really) it'd be kinda cool to see you guys, wherever you may be...

Bye for now!
Dom Bom
Learner
Learner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by the jack of clubs on Tue May 19, 2015 12:25 am

Hey there dom! It seems that you're doing well which is great to hear. Smile I hope that University is also going well for you. What is it that you're studying?

Also I will totally add you on the SnapChat if you're cool with it. My name on there is Geckoberry just like on PSN. If anyone else wants to add me feel free.

Oh ya and guess what guys, I got some nifty news. I've been accepted to big kid college. I'll be studying animation this coming fall. And I'm terrified. If any of you out there have advice on how to live on your own and not die, I will happily listen.
the jack of clubs
Attainer
Attainer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze_X on Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:16 pm

Well, just wanted to check in with all members of LS (who still visit)...

I'm doing well! Graduated from university with a BA in graphic design. Now working full-time as a graphic designer, on top of the odd freelance job here and there. Living at home for a while until I can get an apartment alongside some roommates. Life is going well so far, so no complaints from me.

Hope you all are doing well too, and look forward to hearing from you guys when you do come to poke around the forums. As always, I'll remind you that many members from here and RPGF are active on Skype, so if you wish, contact me and we can swap contact info.

Cheers,

Kami / Bleach-sama
Kamikaze_X
Overseers
Overseers

Back to top Go down

Post by Dom Bom on Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:10 pm

Nice to hear from you guys, hope you're all still doing well.

Well, one year later and I'm back here again. I just finished university (best 3 years of my life I might add) with a BSc (with hons) in Criminology, so I'm hoping to be applying for the police soon as support staff, so all the research and stuff, not actual patrolmen.

And if that plan goes to shit? Well, a number of kids entertainment companies (like Disney) are interested in me due to my previous 5 years of working with children at a kids camp, so theres always that.

Anyway, it would be nice to hear from any of you, I'll check back frequently over the next few days... see ya around
Dom Bom
Learner
Learner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze_X on Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:09 pm

Hi Dom!

Gotta say, I always find it amazing when people keep coming back to sites like these. It makes it worth not completely shutting down the site, even when everything else has long since gone silent. If only for this thread to remain active every once and a while, for its members to keep everyone posted, that's enough for me.

I'm glad to hear you're doing well though! Congrats on getting through college—good luck with your job search. Speaking from experience, it isn't easy, but it's certainly worth putting forth all of your effort. There's something to be said for that old saying, "Finding a full-time job, is a full time job."

As for me, life has been turbulent—though in a mostly good way. I lost my first job early this year, back around February. I was laid off—nothing to do with the quality of my design work or anything like that, luckily, but it was still an all around bitter experience. Didn't take long to realize it was a huge blessing in disguise.

I started immediately looking for my next job, but I treated it as a new potential step-up in my graphic design career. After four and a half months of near-constant job searching, I finally landed what I would consider to be a dream job—the veritable mother-load. I'm now an associate web graphic designer for Stanley Black & Decker. I've since been there for nearly three months, and I absolutely love it. The work is invigorating and challenging, and the atmosphere is much more rewarding and enjoyable. I love the people I work with, and am forging new relationships with other people.

At the same time, I have also landed multiple freelance jobs through both a local advertising / marketing agency, as well as through my own personal contacts. So let this be a lesson to anyone—no matter how shitty or bad things may seem at one point, there is always a silver lining. Even if it doesn't appear immediately. Just work hard and look forward. Don't settle either—aim for the sky.

So... yea. Anything can happen I suppose, but for the moment, life is looking up on my end. Hopefully other people pop in sooner or later to give us an update as well.
Kamikaze_X
Overseers
Overseers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top