Legacy Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Oberon
Oberon
http://rpgfrontier.net

Fomenting Discontent [SIC] Empty Fomenting Discontent [SIC]

Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:49 pm
OOC: This happens shortly after the end of the war. Ravens dispatched by Theron are throughout the Empire, but this is the main group, who are organizing resistance forces in the capital to keep quiet and wait until they are strong enough to challenge the Capuan military. As the nature of this is, it's a secret. Apart from the three elves, nobody has been taken into the fold yet, so the possibility for intelligence leaks is still somewhat far off.

~~~

The inn known as the Sun of the Empire was unnaturally quiet, as was the rest of Sperare Impero. The news of Solaris's impending surrender was enough to put a sour taste in anyone's mouth. Fortunately for the Sun's proprieter, that gave them a greater thirst for his ale. Men sat around listlessly, drinking or discussing the current events in hushed voices.

At a corner table, a trio of elves sat, examining the patrons around them with practiced eyes. Two, a man and a woman, were dressed in plain black, with deep-cut shirts laced up the front and servicable swords and daggers at their sides. The third, although she shared their taste for black, was much more extravagantly garbed, with raven's feathers braided throughout her silvery hair. Her clothing was of silk rather than leather, and her unlaced shirt concealed very little.

"I feel as if you're attracting unwanted attention," said the black-clad man, surveying the room.

"What's the matter, Kerron?" purred the silver-haired woman. "Pining for me, are you? I'm sure that we could fix that if we... headed upstairs for awhile." She laid a hand on his arm, which he impatiently shook off.

"Even if my tastes did run to women, I wouldn't allow you to do such a thing during a mission. Theron informed me that this was of the utmost importance. Whatever your appetites, you must stay focused, Miri."

"Fine, I'll leave you alone," said Miri with a pretty pout. She edged her chair closer to the third member of their party and brushed a lock of black hair out of the other woman's eyes. "What about you, Jace?"

Jace flashed a predatory grin, but before she could speak Kerron broke in sternly. "Jacelyn will stay focused on her duties, as will you." He leaned in closer. "The Capuan military will be occupying Solaris soon, and if any hotheads try to revolt, they'll get themselves killed and crush the rebellious spirit in these others. Theron aims to organize them before they revolt, and bide our time until the Capuans let down their guard. Then, we strike."

"What exactly do we gain by reigniting a war?" said Jace, tapping the table impatiently.

"Theron's favor, and a chance for more gold. You'd like that, wouldn't you, Jace?" Kerron shot a sidelong glance to Miri. "And I'm sure that you could think of a thing or two to do with an inn of your own, once you'd coin enough to buy it."
ine
"Well, when you put it that way..." said Miri. "Fine. What would you have us do?"
Oberon
Oberon
http://rpgfrontier.net

Fomenting Discontent [SIC] Empty Re: Fomenting Discontent [SIC]

Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:19 pm
The first meeting of the Solarian Liberation Front was held in an abandoned warehouse near the city walls. Disconent Solarian citizens--mostly young and male, but with a few exeptions--filtered in over the course of an hour, having heard about the meeting from friends or judiciously placed whispers by the Ravens themselves. Kerron stood at the front of the room, with Jacelyn standing several feet off his left shoulder, casting cautious glances around to see if anyone looked like an informer. Miri lounged in a straight-backed wooden chair, somehow managing to make even the act of sitting look seductive.

At last, the meeting was called to order, and Kerron stepped forward. "True people of Solaris, we are gathered here to resist the scourge of the Capuan Republic. These dwarves have invaded your homes and conspired with the barbarian beasts of the west to destroy you! They have destroyed your government, your independence, and your very lives! Yet there is still hope, while some remain faithful to the Elite General!"

"What would you know of faith to the Elite General, elf?" sneered a man at the front of the crowd. "You serve the High Captain who terrorized our coasts and burnt our towns."

Kerron shook his head pityingly. "Nay, my good man, you are mistaken." Behind him, he heard Jacelyn's posture shift slightly, ready to get rid of the man if he turned hostile. "I serve Admiral Theron Raven, Ciltesse's rival. Theron, who refused the orders of the corrupt Ciltesse and chose to forsake his country rather than forswear his honor. Theron, who even now fights against the Capuan navy in their own waters. It is he on whose behalf I speak. Theron has seen the way that the Capuan occupation has made this country their own, and he is ready to help you take it back!"

OOC: Don't go telling me this is full of lies. It's a propaganda speech, bitches. Twisted Evil
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum