Legacy Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Armos
Armos

Change is in the Air Empty Change is in the Air

Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:01 pm
Clouds were beginning to roll in and the sky was getting darker. Everyone was in position and waiting for the cue. Pylonus and Luka were sitting in the office of Durn Grushna taking drinks and talking politics. Sweat rolled down Luka's face as he nervously sipped his drink and laughed at the occasional joke. It was 6:30PM and Pylonus asked Durn to excuse them both and he lied about having another late night appointment with Sol and Luka. Durn waved them off and the two walked to the front door. They opened it and a man handed the two a package. “Thank you,” Pylonus said to the man and they parted ways again.

The package was heavy and Pylonus slightly struggled to carry it into the cellars. When they finally reached their destination, He shouted to the servants to leave the building for the night. Once the onrush of servants diminished, they set the package in the center of the room and went to work. The package was filled with dynamite and spools of wick and the two men placed the sticks to the support beams in the cellar. Once the first part of the plan was done, they measured out about five minutes of wick and rigged the dynamite together. It was 6:50PM when everything was done and Pylonus and Luka proceeded back up stairs.

“Well old friend, are you ready for change?” Luka hesitated before responding.
“Y....yes....wait....I seem to have left my cigar case somewhere upstairs. Wait for me while I go get it..”
Pylonus knew what was going to happen. Luka would crawl back to Durn and tell him the plan and then arrest Pylonus. He wasn't going to let this happen.

Pylonus caught a servant and brought her to a corner. “I have a quick job for you. Deliver this letter to His Majesty and then get everyone else out and to my mansion understand?” With that he pulled out a letter, the servant took it and nodded before running towards the stairs. With that, He raced back downstairs and lit the wick. He then lit a cigar before briskly walking out the front door and to a safe distance on a hill where he stood, ready to watch the show.

Luka burst into the room and Durn turned around confused.
“What is Luka? I thought you left half an hour ago?”
“My Lord! I have something to tell you! It is of the utmost importance.” Sweat continued to trickle down his face and he was breathing heavily.
“What is it?”
“Pylonus plans to kill you and the council, he intends to rule Ironhull!”
“WHAT!” With that a knock came from the door and Durn opened it to find a servant standing there with a letter. He snatched the letter and slammed the door in her face. He opened the seal and pulled out the letter.

'My Dearest Friend,
As you read this, I want you to realize that you are no longer fit to rule our great nation. I, along with your friend who now stands at your side even now, have planted explosives in you house and your time left on this earth is slowly waning. The dawn of a new age is at hand Durn, one without you. I intend to rule, and to erase the Grushna name from the face of this earth. May God save our souls.
Pylonus Dempsy.

Durn was furious. He pulled out his pistol and aimed it at Luka.
“YOU LET THIS HAPPEN! NOW YOU TELL ME!”
“My Lord, they were always watching me, they would have killed me if I tried to warn you! Please my lord! Forgive me!” Luka was on his knees and close to sobbing.
“WHERE ARE THE EXPLOSIVES? TELL ME!”
“In....in the cellars sir!” With that Durn shot Luka in the knee. The shot shattered his kneecap, but kept the man alive.
“YOU....WILL SUFFER UNTIL I HAVE TIME TO DEAL WITH YOU!” Durn spat on the man and then rushed to the central staircase. As he set his foot on the final stair in the foyer, the explosives went off.

From the distance, Pylonus was checking his watch, the dynamite would go off any minute now. He removed the cigar from his mouth and tapped off the ash gathering at the end. It was only moments after he placed it back into his mouth that the house erupted in a ball of fire. The blast blew out most of the first floor. The front was completely missing while the rear was barely standing. The bottom half of the second floor was also gone. It was about a minute before the manor began to buckle under its own weight and collapsed on itself. Pylonus let out a deep, dark laugh. He knew now that with Durn dead and the council members being executed around the capitol, no one was going to stop him.

He approached the ruins of the old manor and grinned. He noticed a lone hand, charred but still intact, poking through the rubble. He moved across the ruins and looked down. It was Durn's right hand, the Royal Family's ring was there. Pylonus bent down and removed the ring and placed it on his own. He was enjoying his victory so much, he didn't even notice the footsteps behind him.

Wilhelm saw the ball of fire from a distance and then ran to the commotion. He knew the plan had been a success, but wanted to witness it first hand. It seemed like seconds as he ran, and when he witnessed the success, he was overjoyed. Down in the ruins, his father stood, smoking a cigar and fiddling with his right hand. Wilhelm raced down to meet him. He reached into his pocket and kept his hand in the pouch.
“Father.” he said, “I would like to congratulate you on this victory for our family. We are one step closer to grasping what is ours.”
“Yes my son. The Grushna name is gone and now the Dempsey will rule Ironhull.”
“But father, there is one....flaw....in your plan.”
“Aye?”
“In order for Ironhull to advance as a nation, new ideas must emerge and a new generation to take helm.”
“What are you getting at? Wait....I know that look in your eyes..its the same look Durn had when he first thought to.....NO!” Wilhelm pulled out a pistol from his pocket and aimed it at his father.
“ You're time has come Father. I played you like a harp I did. Ironhull will be ruled by the Dempsey. Only, not the one you imagined.”
“My son....my son..you will be a fearless...”

With that Wilhelm pulled the trigger and shot his father in the heart. His body went limp and collapsed against the charred earth. Overhead, a flash of lightning struck, followed by the crash of thunder and the pattering of the rain. Wilhelm turned and threw the weapon into the rubble. He began to walk off when a carriage appeared over the hill and pulled up next to him. Inside was Admiral Sol and General Remer. They welcomed him inside and he sat facing the two of them.

“Well my allies, the New Age of Ironhull will begin. I am positive that there will be civilian outrage over the events of tonight. We must crack down now to avoid riots and unrest. Remer, mobilize military forces to parade the streets and keep everyone quiet. Sol, have your men patrol harbors and docks to stop all outgoing sympathizers to the old ways. If any are found fleeing, execute them. I shall make a statement to the people and letters will go out to the other countries tomorrow. The dawn of the Dominion of Ironhull has started.”

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
OOC: Alright, kust as a quick thing, This event is public up to the point where Pylonus is outside. No body knows that Pylonus and Wilhelm orchestrated this whole shebang, but there CAN be conspiracies to how this happened.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum