Legacy Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Armos
Armos

Memoirs of an Emporer Empty Memoirs of an Emporer

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:59 pm
Entry 1
Long it has been since our nation has prospered. My father, Durn Grushna the II, led us down a road to failure, and i have corrected that mistake. They say he died young...that he died mysteriously. It was anything but. I remember it to this day.

I sat with Luka, Sol and Pylonus my dearest friends and companions. We all agreed my father needed to be gone. We all agreed i needed to do it. Later that night i sneaked into his living quarters, it was dark and quiet. I came besides him as he slept....and shoved the pillow into his face. He struggled, but i expected that much. His legs stopped kicking and i knew he suffocated. I called the others in and we fixed the scene. Made it seem as though nothing happened and then....then we left. The next day they found him dead, and the Council declared me new Grand Leader. I never thought the guilt would catch up to me. I mean, it was all for the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Entry 2
It has been some time since my last entry. Things are going well. I finally ended my father's absurd law preventing outside investigation of the world. It wasnt long before we discovered another civilization. They were short in stature, but none the less, it was another country.I had Pylonus briefed about this new race and what little we knew of them. I was sending him over as a diplomat and possibly open up trade. We had a rather large stockpile of explosives and weapons lying around that we factored out of the supply for our military, now run by Luka. Hopefully this would allow us to finally learn more about our unknown surroundings.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Entry 3
Not long after i sent Pylonus off to the Dwarf Lands, i received news of another civilization on our western front. They were a large country, so my information tells me, and my people had some time to learn of the capitol. They immediately returned with the news and i was furious. I didnt have the resources to train another diplomat at the time. It was a good thing i sent that boy with Pylonus...maybe he could teach him.... I sat at my desk and wrote a brief letter. What did i know about the struggles of the now large world. I assumed that there was also more countries. The whole thing was almost farce, except for the trade negotiations of course. Now i wait....

Armos
Armos

Memoirs of an Emporer Empty Re: Memoirs of an Emporer

Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:27 pm
Entry 4
My negotiations are going well. My courier returned with a letter from the Holy Empire saying that they are interested in our goods, and they would like a demonstration. I sent Luka and some Elite over to the Dominante, They set sail two days ago. Meanwhile, Pylonus returned today saying that the Dwarves of Capua are buying our excess of food with lumber. Our income has begun. Slowly and surely, Ironhull will be a name worth remembering
Armos
Armos

Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:18 pm
Entry 5
As i sit here writing, a thought dwells in the back of my mind. What if my inferiors plan on doing away with me like we did with my father? i can tell that some members of the council dont feel that i am worthy of a leadership role. I can place a finger on someone who might spread these rumors. I could have him killed, but where would that put me? Nowhere. I shall keep him around, if only till my assumption solidifies.

I also fear my ships sent out as search parties might be lost. I have this gnawing feeling that something has gone wrong. Was i right in allowing open boarders? What am i saying, of course i was right. I am Durn Grushna III, my decision is final, and my decision is always right.

Barbarians in the south are becoming a problem. my military will have to put down the pests. If they refuse to accept our ways of life, we shall have to deal with them through might. They fight with swords and bows, we shall respond with rifles and explosives. It has even come to my attention that our inventors have created a new type of rifle. Its barrel is longer for more accuracy and it fires farther. I have already requested to build enough for an entire army. We shall them out on the barbarians...
Armos
Armos

Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:09 pm
Entry 6
My miners have made a shocking breakthrough. We have hit a vein of Umprion of shocking surprise. We have begun to smelt this rare metal. With it.....maybe we can put ourselves on the market.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- OOC: Umprion is the equivelent of Platinum
Armos
Armos

Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:22 pm
Entry 7
August 7, 1571

My assumptions are true. Pylonus is plotting against me. Plotting my downfall. He thinks ruling a nation is easy, he thinks like a child. No one will overthrow me, i will not make the same mistake as my father! The Durn Grushna name must continue and the name of Pylonus Dempsy will end. I must seek answers from the council, they will know what to do, or will they? Are they allied with Pylonus, allied with my new enemy?

I have not eaten or drank anything for two days now. He could be poisoning my food and drink. HE WILL NOT KILL ME! I AM NOT MY FATHER!...what was that noise? Could it be him? The knocking on my door, the rapping on my windows; it could be assassins. No. Who would kill me? The Grand Leader! Grandson of Durn Grushna the Great. I am immortal, immune to any plights of man. I sit here laughing to myself. worried about what could happen. Nothing will go wrong......i am sure of it.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum