Legacy Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin
https://legacysociety.darkbb.com

The Red Moon Rises Empty The Red Moon Rises

Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:38 pm
The Year: RSA 1, January 5th.

~~From the Imperial Archives~~

All is not as it seems. The world is changing before our very eyes... we people have absolutely no way to stop what I fear is about to begin. I detest what has become of the late Empire. The Feudal States have seceded... and the Imperial City is slowly but surely crumbling away into oblivion. Is there any hope left?

A red moon has risen! Not ever in the First Age of our Ryerdaen history has this occurred! What could it mean?! The fell glow of this astral figure seems to mock the very presence of beings on this land! It slowly engulfs the land into a ghastly bloody hue... could this be an omen of the future? Ever since the Great Polius IV was assassinated, the land has been delved into shadow, there is no way out.

I have seen the sun, as everyone else has, but it is as if its rays do not reach us here in New Tempera. I am sure it is just the same as in the City-States. Why would those higher beings only pick out us to burden?

As I am a Imperial Sage, it is my sworn duty to scrawl the events as of late into this accursed parchment. Therefore, I shall.

As soon as our Oracles Mandate disappeared from the great vaults beneath me now, something happened. It is as if the balance of the earth tipped on its axis. Chaos! There has been nothing but, now...

The Orcs, last defeated in the Second Orcs War, have reawakened. The havoc that they wreak seems to only be the starting. As I gaze now from a high tower in the very center of this, so called, indestructible city, I can see smoke rising from the poor villages and towns around us. There is no longer such a thing as mercy... no one can be weak, if they wish to continue to live in this realm.

The other nations seem to have decided that secession was the best for them, as they have abandoned the Empire in its entirety. Anumias seems to be the only one that is hanging in the balance of becoming yet another traitor, or staying allied. Isolation? If those other bastards think that staying away from us will save them, I think they have another thing coming!

Once Polius V becomes of age, hopefully this entire situation will be sorted out. I somehow get the horrid feeling that it will not be so.

~Imperial Master Sage~

Nostradamus Filicio
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin

The Red Moon Rises Empty Re: The Red Moon Rises

Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:33 pm
The Year RSA 1, January 7th.

Although all of the worlds forces seem to be against us, the Empire has built up a strong front against those who wish it harm. I watch now, during time of mid-day, the thousands of troops that now march down the stoned street of the Primary District of the Imperial City. Their gleaming golden armor and silver seems to uplift even the most dismal of spirits. I find even myself finding great joy in such a grand spectacle.

I just wonder how long our great military can last against this dread wave from the abyss. I have foresaw the great wolves in the forest. I have seen the red moon that has ever watched down upon Ryerdae. My eyes have been opened to what is, and what shall be. The only civilization now that has not been engaged by some fell force has thus been the ever quiet Vurstaria. Their time is coming though, as I have foreseen this. It will come in the way of a burning inferno, a blaze that not even the deepest waters could quell. War will come, and stay for a long period, until all is burned to the bare ground, whether it be below the sea, or above. I fear for our enemies, as well as our selves! Have I gone mad?!

I fear that today, a major decision has been made by the leader of this Empire, in Polius V's stead. There is a proclamation of war now against the nations that have invariably seceded from the Empire, those of course being Vurstaria, Guylos, Tamrodiil, and Hyporion. Anumias is being spared until they make a final decision of course. It seems that the human population wishes only to feed the flames of Oblivion.

Is this our fate? Is it a fact that as long as living beings reside on this planet, there will always be war and strife? I unfortunately believe so. It is a undeniable fact, if one looks into the history of Ryerdae. I suppose the only nation on this planet that would be able to have aided in this were the Wise Ones, the Ayleids. But, just as all other races, they were dragged into meaningless conflict. I suppose they were lucky however, since none of them live today to see what has transpired in their lands.

It is up to us now, the great Empire of New Tempera to cleanse this land. I am not a fanatic in this saying, but I am leaving it to us. Let us just hope that we choose the right way in which to do so.

~Imperial Master Sage~

Nostradamus Filicio

Last edited by BleachKing on Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin

Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:03 pm
The Year: RSA 1, January 15th.

It seems that victory was imminent for the Imperial Army. Today, I have received word that the New Temperian forces have secured the beach-head of Vurstaria and are moving inland to take all of the towns. The Vurstarian navy and military have, since the first siege, withdrawn. Most likely they have found refuge from our power in P'rossara. We may have have technologies, and all of the power in the world, but we will never be able to set our feet into the underwater domain it seems.

Our military might will stretch far and wide through Ryerdae. Just as when Polius I came upon this land, we will once more dominate! At least, this is what most would want you to think... I for one think that this global domination is a horrid idea. It will only cause more turmoil. Our economy is slowly depreciating as it is... do we really have the domestic strength to continue this crusade?

~Imperial Master Sage~

Nostradamus Filicio
Sponsored content