Legacy Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Oberon
Oberon
http://rpgfrontier.net

Chapter 2: The Road to Balmora - Page 2 Empty Re: Chapter 2: The Road to Balmora

Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:50 am
Varro glanced at Jethro. "I'm glad that at least one of you can look gleeful at the prospect of doing harm," he said with a disapproving glance. "Be grateful that I don't look deeper into your record, Serjo Kilbas." He sighed. "Of course, if you can pull this off without attracting the attention of the Hlaalu guards, consider your record cleared. The Emperor thanks those who aid him."

Without waiting to hear Jethro's response, Varro nodded to Narsil, exchanged salutes with Thalmir, and nudged his horse back towards Moonmoth at a trot.

"What kind of a record do you have, anyway?" asked Narsil once Varro was out of sight. "I hope nothing like murder," he added. Even if murder is what we are about to commit, another part of his mind supplied.
Chef
Chef
Admin

Chapter 2: The Road to Balmora - Page 2 Empty Re: Chapter 2: The Road to Balmora

Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:49 pm
Jethro looked at the Varro fellow critically. He obviously knew about his reputation. It was true Jethro regretted a few things in his career, but otherwise, he was proud of that record. Jethro laughed at Narsil's question.

"I was born a thief, and I will die a thief," he replied. "I used to just follow whatever the Thieves Guild told me to do, but now I have my own method of crime. I guess that's kind of why I got kicked out, after all."

Jethro sighed.

"Well, to answer your question, yes, I have committed a murder or two," he said, probably not treating the subject as seriously as he should. "They weren't exactly the highest points of my career, but, I tell you, those men deserved it. I never murder an innocent. Just remember that. If you're one of those fellows against killing in general, I suppose that doesn't make it any better, though, does it?"

Jethro chuckled a but and shook his head.

"Let's stray away from the topic of my very long criminal record and move on for now," he said, scratching his head. "We have a mission to do after all."
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin
https://legacysociety.darkbb.com

Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:09 pm
Thalmir saluted to Varro before his trotted off. As the superior of the Imperials in the area, due to his position in the military, he had the important job over overseeing this mission and making sure it was done properly. Once the Lieutenant had disappeared into the distance, after a short, but tense chat with Jethro, Thalmir looked to his compatriots.

"Well, we should be off."
Oberon
Oberon
http://rpgfrontier.net

Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:06 pm
"Aye, we should," said Narsil. He noted mentally not to delve too deeply into Jethro's criminal background. Whatever the Bosmer's past may have been like, he was Narsil's companion, for better or for worse. "Let's leg it. We should reach Balmora by midafternoon. Then we can start our search for Caius Cosades."

The trio set off down the road to Balmora, and whatever awaited them there.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum