Legacy Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chef
Chef
Admin
Chef's Favorite List of Favorite Things
By.....Chef!

I was sitting on the computer for a while, seeing that the Legacy Blog was a bit empty lately, when I just came up with an easy topic for me to use that could possibly spark more interest in the blog for more diverse blogging, other than rants or articles. I figured that having a detailed list of my favorite things would be pretty interesting and fun....I mean...what else do I have to do anyways? So, because of this thought, I have made the list and I hope you will all enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it.

My Favorite Movie:

Chef's Favorite List of Favorite Things! Pulp-fiction-photograph-c12148080
Pulp Fiction

The first time I saw this movie, I was awed. It is one of the greatest things I have seen in my short life, truthfully. This movie doesn't use hardcore action as its selling point or use scantily clad ladies to attract eager customers, it just is awesome for what it is. There are many memorable scenes with badass speeches by Samuel L. Jackson and it contains a great bit of dark comedy, which is a definite plus for me. While this film may look like a regular crime/gangster movie on the outside, what's inside is a very deep movie with tons of thoughtful things....or just stuff that's cool.

Runner ups:
The Scent of a Woman
Fight Club
Pink Floyd The Wall
My Favorite Novel/Book:
Chef's Favorite List of Favorite Things! 200px-OneFlewOverTheCuckoosNest
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Who knew a book about lunatics could be so intriguing and good? The book is basically about crazy people and the horrible inequality in the psych ward they all live in. It is filled with an enormous amount of symbolism and has many vivid passages that I will truthfully never forget. The book is very hard to describe without reading, but all I can say is that this is truthfully the greatest book I have ever read. I recommend this book to everyone, unless you don't have tolerance for things that are awesome, of course.

Runner ups:
To Kill a Mockingbird

My Favorite Video Game:
Chef's Favorite List of Favorite Things! Sands_of_time_cover
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

You ever want to run on walls like a ninja and rewind time every time you did something wrong? Well, Prince of Persia let me do that, and I was amazed. When I first played this, I wasn't really sure what to expect, but I was quickly thrown into a brilliant plot that moves along like a movie, almost, and some awesome platforming. I have never really had so much fun with a game.

Runner ups:
Final Fantasy IX
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence

Favorite Fictional Character
Chef's Favorite List of Favorite Things! Vivi-1
Vivi

You may be asking why I chose a small and insignificant looking runt as my favorite character, but if you have played FFIX, you will definitely know why I chose him. I have never seen a character other than Vivi to move me so much. He has an interesting backstory, some good quotes, and is just a very likable character. He is also a very dynamic character, which you don't really see too often in video games.

Runner ups:
Atticus Finch (To Kill a Mockingbird)
Naked Snake (Metal Gear Solid 3)
Tyler Durden (Fight Club)

Favorite Food
Chef's Favorite List of Favorite Things! Lasagna-su-682512-l
Lasagna!

Pasta has always been a favorite of mine, but lasagna takes the cake here (heh, cake is a food too). This is probably the first thing I would ask for if I had only a few more minutes to last on this earth.

Runner ups:
Spaghetti
Garlic Bread
Cold Pizza

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, that's about it for favorites. At least for now. I hope you guys enjoyed this experimental blog entry. It would be interesting to see some others do this as well, with their own different things. Well, I'm off for now.

Cheers!
Chef
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Kamikaze_X
Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:18 pmKamikaze_X
I actually found this entry to be refreshing, as most others are rants on some topic. Not to mention, I learned your favorite things, so... wicked cool! Nice entry Chefo!
King Calamity
Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:24 amKing Calamity
Lasagna!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum