Legacy Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Oberon
Oberon
http://rpgfrontier.net

Chapter 1: Advent of a Legend Empty Chapter 1: Advent of a Legend

Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:54 pm
They have taken you from the Imperial city, first by carriage and now by boat. To the east. To Morrowind. Fear not, for I am with you...

"Wake up. Is there something wrong?"

Narsil groaned, shaking his head to clear off the fog of sleep. A Dunmer with a scar stretching across his left eye was bent over him, shaking him awake.

"You're shivering. Are you all right?" asked the man, helping Narsil sit upright.

"Fine," said Narsil, grabbing one of the crates behind him and heaving himself upright. "Where are we?"

"An imperial prison ship," said the other prisoner with a crooked smile. "Don't ask me why we're here, because I've got no idea." He cocked his head to the side, hearing footsteps. "Maybe you'll get more out of the guard."

A bearded imperial guard in a studded leather cuirass opened the door, beckoning to Narsil. "This is where you get off," he said flatly.

As the guards led him out onto the deck and directed him into the Census and Excise Office of Seyda Neen, only one thought was running through Narsil's mind: Why am I here? And what's going to happen now?

He moved through the office quickly, picking up his release papers and handing them to the guard captain, Sellus Gravius. As Narsil was about to leave, Gravius held up a hand.

"Wait. We've got a task for you." He reached into a drawer in his desk and held out a tightly-wrapped package. "Bring this to Caius Cosades in Balmora. He'll tell you what to do. Remember, you are out of prison by the Emperor's mercy. Don't test him a second time."

"So I travel to Balmora alone?" asked Narsil.

"Well, not entirely alone..." said Gravius. "There are a few adventurers in town interested in accompanying travelers. You may want to talk to them." He gestured to the door. "You're free to go."

Free... Narsil took a deep breath and stepped out into the light of the village.
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin
https://legacysociety.darkbb.com

Chapter 1: Advent of a Legend Empty Re: Chapter 1: Advent of a Legend

Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:48 pm
A lone man walked briskly passed the border of Cheydinhal and into Morrowind. His suddenly stopped upon the long snaking trail through the Valus Mountains. He wore shimmering plate armor of gold, steel, and silver with intricate design. Upon his great helm was a plume of red that slowly fluttered to and fro in the cool breeze. He was a man of tall and muscular proportioned, an obvious soldier. From his mannerisms and his straight stature, one could tell he was highly disciplined as well.

He was Thalmir, a long time veteran of the Imperial Blades, an organization of some of the strongest soldiers in Cyrodiil, tasked with the divine occupation of protecting the Emperor of the land. However, his mission was currently much different. He was sent by the Emperor himself, as well as the Master of the Blades, to help protect a certain company of adventurers. For what, he did not know, but it did not matter either. It was an order, and he would follow them to the tee.

Thalmir hitched up his small rucksack he carried over a shoulder, and then checked to make sure his Akaviri Katana, an enchanted blade named "Strongfang", was still by his side. Strapped on his back was a large round plate metal shield of the same elegant design as his armor. He headed off again, in haste, down the mountain path, making his way toward the closest city in Morrowind, which happened to lie across a body of water: Vivec. There, he could probably gain some information as to the whereabouts of this "company of travelers".

After hours of hiking downward, he finally found himself upon the eves of the Valus Mountains. They were now behind him, and all that was left until Vivec is a large expanse of small towns and forest, rolling hills, and plateaus. Thalmir surmised that he would finally make it to the city of Vivec by the end of the day tomorrow, therefore he decided to try and hike all day and night. As he stopped in towns, he would ask for information of the adventurers location while also being able to take short rests and eat or drink to his hearts content. He had a long journey ahead of him, and much of what was involved was foreign... a mystery to him.
Chef
Chef
Admin

Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:26 pm
Jethro Kilbas leaned against the outside wall of one of the trading houses in Seyda Neen, looking like he was in rather deep thought. He was of short stature, as it was an attribute of the Bosmer Elves, and had brown hair and an iconic scar going horizontally across his face. He wore netch leather armor and had a visible wakazashi by his side. Overall, despite his size, he didn't look like the type of person anyone would want to make trouble with.

The only thing running through his mind at that time was money. He had been recently assigned to a task by the Emperor himself to aid a certain Narsil Strongwind, a male Dumner Elf. He did not really know what it was for, but all he knew was that once he was finished, the Emperor would personally give him 20,000 units of gold, which was a fine looking sum to him, and more than enough to make him interested in a job.

Jethro was still wondering why the Emperor himself would get a criminal like him to do this, but he wasn't complaining. So far, the only hard part was finding the guy. He was apparently supposed to come in by ship today, released from prison. Unfortunately, he had fallen asleep by accident while standing in his position and probably missed the boat coming in. Hopefully the man didn't leave already...

Suddenly he saw a man walk out of a building. He seemed to match the description he was given almost perfectly.

"Looks like I found him, finally," he said to himself, rather gruffly. He walked over briskly to the man, a mildly bored expression on his face.

"You Narsil Strongwind?" he asked the man gruffly. "If so, I've got some important business to discuss with you."
Oberon
Oberon

Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:49 am
"Yes, I'm him." Narsil eyed the newcomer, looking down on him slightly. It was hard to do anything else with someone so short. "What kind of business do you have in mind? I'm afraid I'm in a bit of a hurry to get out of town, but if you care to travel with me..."
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin

Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:15 pm
Thalmir had finally made his way into the northern most part of the central mainland of Morrowind. His destination were the Ascadian Isles of Vvardenfell. Vivec was his first landing, which he would travel to by small boat. The next would be passing through the Imperial Stronghold of Ebonheart to get to the final destination of Seyda Neen. There, he would finally meet with a man called Narsil Strongwind. The only problem with that was that he knew not what he looked like. The only detail given on this mystery person was that they were "of elven blood". Curse the Imperial Messenger...

After hours of travel, and one fifteen minute break at the side of the road, the sky was darkening. He had to keep going, the shore was in sight, and far away the thin strips of land belonging to Vvardenfell. When he made it to the small pier, he rented a boat for around thirty gold pieces. Climbing onto the rather small boat, he grasped the oars and kicked off from the dock. The waters were dark, enough so that the sea-bed was marred in shadow. The slow methodical lapping of the waves against the rickety wooden hull of the boat that could be actually classified as a dinghy, was the only thing Thalmir was able to hear out in the sea.

The expanse of Vvardenfall drew ever nearer, along with the small colored dots that he supposed were buildings, most likely of the port town of Vivec. As the night progressed, he finally made it upon the shore. His dragged his boat onto the sand and moored it upon a large jutting stone with some rope. He walked upon the sandy beach-head and toward Vivec. Thalmir wandered into town, payed a inn owner some gold pieces and took a room for the night.

After a well earned rest, he woke early in the morning around 7:30 am, and headed out again. He would make it to the Imperial Ebonheart in the late afternoon he surmised, and thus would finally walk into Seyda Neen around dusk. Upon arrival at Ebonheart, he was honorably welcomed by fellow Imperial Soldiers. He took a short rest and ate amongst kin there, then set out again from the stronghold. Indeed, by dusk that day, he stood upon a high windy hill overlooking the small adventurers town of Seyda Neen.

"And now to find Mr. Strongwind." Thalmir thought with a grin. With that, he hitched up his pack and made his way downhill into the town.
Chef
Chef
Admin

Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:20 pm
Jethro laughed.

"Lucky for you, that's the exact business I'm here for," he replied to Strongwind. "All I know is that a certain emperor wants me to protect you for a hefty price. I didn't even ask any questions, I just took the offer. Best offer I've ever had."

Jethro looked around Seyda Neen quickly, wondering where Narsil would be going. He wasn't worried about it, but he felt that this guy must be in some kind of dangerous mission or something of the like.

"So, from now on, until I'm notified otherwise, I'll be your bodyguard and travel companion," Jethro said, a grin on his face. "Don't take this as something mutual. Money is the only thing I care about.... So....where are we headed off to, then?"
Oberon
Oberon

Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:18 pm
"Balmora," said Narsil, adjusting the straps of his pack. It didn't really seem like there was a point in it, since the pack was completely empty and therefore didn't tug much, but it gave the nervous Dunmer something to do with his hands. "I'm supposed to meet up with someone named Caius Cosades. Know anything about him?"
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin

Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:51 pm
Thalmir made his way into the town, looking everywhere in order to spot any travelers, or what appeared to be so. He could tell the area was a bit poorer than others, and consciously drew his rucksack closer to his and a hand close to the hilt of his blade. Of course it was preposterous that any bandits, nor thieves would ever attack a armored and armed soldier of the Emperor, but one would not know in a far off foreign land.

As he walked to the town's center, he found two elves a Bosmer and Dunmer by the looks of them. He had a feeling that as an Imperial.. he was seen differently than if he was in Cyrodiil, he had to be careful. He approached them cautiously.

"Excuse me, sirs. Have you seen or heard of a man named Narsil Strongwind here in Seyda Neen? I have come from Cyrodiil on orders to find him." Thalmir said.

Last edited by BleachKing on Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Chef
Chef
Admin

Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:28 pm
((OOC: I'm a Wood Elf, Bleach, unless you were talking about two different Dark Elves, which I don't think is the case. Razz))

Jethro thought for a second to himself. It had been a while since he had lived in Balmora, so he couldn't recall many names. Suddenly, it clicked.

"I used to live in Balmora and a seem to recall a certain Caius Cosades," he answered Narsil with a hand on his chin. "I recall hearing a few things about him when I was in the guilds, but I've never met him in person. I personally don't know much about him, so he'll be a new face almost."

Jethro turned when he heard a new voice coming from behind them. It was an Imperial, it seemed, and he appeared to be looking for Narsil.

"Looks like it's your lucky day," Jethro replied to him. He pointed a thumb at Narsil. "Here's your man."
Oberon
Oberon

Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:32 pm
((Narsil is a Dunmer, foolish Bleach-ling. Razz))

Narsil took in the man's impressive appearance and whistled. "Depends on your intentions towards Master Strongwind. If you want to kill him, I saw him heading towards Molag Mar. Otherwise, I'm your man."
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin

Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:43 pm
Thalmir raised an eyebrow to the man's comment. Giving a smirk and looked him directly into his eyes.

"I don't wish to kill him, no. I have been sent by the Lord Emperor of Cyrodiil in order to protect him.. I suppose you could say.." Thalmir said. "My task is to essentially help him in his quest, whatever that may be, on the honor of the Empire and the Blades."
Oberon
Oberon

Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:53 pm
"Blades? You mean the emperor's..." Narsil trailed off, pondering the enormity of what was going on. What he was involved in. "Wow," he said faintly. "Wow."

Finally, he was articulate enough to ask, "So, does this mean that you're my traveling companion? And who's going to give the tactical orders around here?"
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin

Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:04 pm
Thalmir lifted his helmet from his short dark hair. His gray eyes peered at Narsil, a gleam of wisdom and pride within. He scratched his head and thought for a moment at Narsil's question.

"Well, I have been ordered to accompany you on your journey, which I suppose would make me your companion. As to the tactical adviser, I guess I would be unless there are other skilled soldiers with you as of now." Thalmir said.
Oberon
Oberon

Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:06 pm
"Well, there are three of us so far," said Narsil, chuckling slightly. "I think that puts you in charge as superior... and you can take point, too. Aren't I generous?"

As they headed towards the road to Balmora, a plainly dressed Altmer stopped them. "Adventurers, eh?" she asked. "I'm Eldafire. If you plan to stay in town for long, maybe you could take care of the smugglers in the Addamasartus cave over there." She jerked a thumb over her shoulder, towards the silt strider.

"Smugglers?" said Narsil, turning to his companions. "What do you think?"
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin

Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:13 pm
Thalmir's attitude became serious once more. As news of the smugglers came through to them from Eldafire, he knew that he should help to stop them at all costs. As a Blade, and as a protector of all of the Empire's citizenry, he had an obligation to stop any bit of crime he came across. This was the first bit...

Hastily, his hand went to the hilt of his enchanted Akaviri Katana named "Strongfang". His other hand donned his helm upon his head once again and then for the large shield on his back. Looking to his new companions with a "warriors look" as it could be called, he stated plainly:

"It would not only be a dishonor to myself, but to my Emperor and his peoples, if I did not stop these criminals."
Oberon
Oberon

Sat May 01, 2010 1:30 pm
((All right, here we go. A fairly simple cave: [url="http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Addamasartus"]Addamasartus.[/url]))

"Glad I'll have at least one person backing me up," said Narsil with a grin. "What about you, Jethro? Are you game for a fight?"
Chef
Chef
Admin

Sat May 01, 2010 9:48 pm
Jethro grinned and patted his wakazashi.

"You don't even have to ask me that," he said in response to Narsil. "I've been dying to get into a fight for some time."

Which was the truth. It had been a while since he had gotten into a decent fight for some time and he was getting a little bored. There was too much security around nowadays. If it weren't for them he would have been a little more active, but he knew that the guards had their eyes on him whenever they could see him.

"This'll be fun," he said. "I haven't had my morning exercise yet, so let's go!"
Oberon
Oberon

Tue May 18, 2010 5:44 pm
Narsil nodded gratefully. "I'm glad to have such... eager companions," he said. Drawing his sword, he headed for the entrance to the cave. Easing the door open, he saw a fire flickering below, and figures moving around.

"All right," he whispered. "Jethro, get their attention. Thalmir and I will move in with our swords once they head up."
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin

Sat May 22, 2010 9:38 pm
Thalmir spun Akaviri Katana in a hand while he hefted his large, gilded circular shield in the other. He wondered if the bandits in Morrowind were as oblivious as the ones found in Cyrodiil. Silently, he stood with feet parted, preparing to charge down the rocky tunnel and into the bowels of the cave.
Chef
Chef
Admin

Sun May 23, 2010 3:36 pm
Jethro nodded and walked forward in the cave, his wakazashi in his hand. All he had to do was get their attention. Easy enough. He snuck down to the fire as close as possible and then suddenly whistled, catching their attention.

"Oi!" he said to them, laughing. "I'd say that you could hire some better watchmen!"

Jethro prepared for them to chase after him and hoped that Thalmir and Narsil would go through with the plan before they all slaughtered him.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum