Chapter I: Embers of the Revolution

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Chapter I: Embers of the Revolution

Post by King Calamity on Wed May 19, 2010 11:51 pm

Onibasu got up quickly, barely noticing the man who had offered her help until after she was already up. She had lost her usual composure in her meeting with the Shinsengumi, and was disturbed to see she still hadn't regained it. She shook her head and began to brush him off before she regained her focus and noticed his eyes. He appeared nervous and shaken, but behind that, in his eyes, she could see a warrior. Perhaps the kind of warrior Daisuke was looking for. She looked at him for a moment before turning around.

"Don't worry about it," she said and briskly walked until she was out of sight. As usual, one of her Kagede Ittai was lurking in the shadows nearby awaiting orders. "Watch that man," she whispered to the ninja, "He may be another who can be useful to us."

-----------

Hayate arrived at his office in the police station to meet an officer holding a report for him.

"Detective Hazama," he said, handing him the report. "some discontented swordsman started trouble outside of the Shirobeko restaurant tonight. Few of the policemen managed to escape with their lives! Once backup arrived, the men were gone."

Hayate skimmed the report. He intended to give it a thorough reading later, but now he wanted to go over the details quickly before he made a detailed analysis. "You say the men outside the restaurant wore Shinsengumi uniforms?" he inquired.

"Yes sir, save one." the officer said, "we suspect they may be the same men you are investigating."

"I think you're right," Hayate said, "and those same men are also planning an attack on Vice-Commisioner Takeda. I know where they will be striking, and so I suggest we increase security there. However, we should keep it subtle. I will stay there with Takeda, and I will take a flare gun. Have men ready nearby, and send them all in if you see that flare fired. This is my plan. I'll relay it to the chief first, but I suspect he'll trust my judgment." Hayate eyed the police report one more time, and something caught his eye.

"One of our officers, a westerner, was taken to a nearby hospital by another swordsman, you say?"

"Yes sir," the man said, "we sent a man there to check on him and everything seemed in order."

"Did you get the swordsman's name?"

"Yes, it was Raiden, Hiraku Raiden."

Hayate smiled. "I see. I'm going to write a letter, and I want it sent to that man, understood?"

"I suppose so, sir." the officer said, somewhat confused as he left.
King Calamity
Punishers
Punishers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chef on Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:32 pm

Ryoichi walked down the streets of Kyoto, looking at all the thriving businesses around him. It was a good day today, and he decided it would be a nice idea to check and see how the Westerner was doing. He was quite worried about his condition and wondered if he would be able to survive. He knew the Westerner had a strong soul, but those attacks he received were quite vicious.

He had grabbed both his ninjato and tanto for safety reasons this time. Last time he could hardly help in the situation because he only had a small weapon. This time, he would be able to in as many ways possible. After a brisk walk downtown, Ryoichi found himself at the medical clinic. He walked in to see one of the nurses.

"How is the Westerner doing?" he asked.

"He should be fine," she replied. "His wounds were great, but we fixed him up as well as we could. He'll need some rest, but he will live."

"Thank you," Ryoichi said to her with a kind smile. He walked outside and took a seat on a bench in front of the clinic, wondering if that man, Hiraku, would come over to the clinic from his home soon.

Chef
Overseers
Overseers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze_X on Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:53 pm

OOC: Sorry, I am gonna speed this up, alright?

Souji stood on a branch of a tall tree. All his comrades were in position around the exterior of the compound. Putting two fingers to his mouth, he blew a shrill whistle that could be heard all around the building. He could see the guards alerted and looking around to see where it came from. Some shrugged it off, probably surmising that the sound came from a bird.

Souji lept from the tree with Shinpachi and into the front courtyard. His other comrades, the last six, broke a window at the left side to the building and jumped in. Guards in the front courtyard were shocked, but not quick enough to blow their own whistles. There were five of them, and soon, they lay at the ground in a pool of their own blood. Onibasu attacked from the left into the courtyard, claiming two of the guards quickly and with ease.

Souji broke open the front gates before advancing at the front doors. As he got to the threshold, the double doors flew open and in a line stood musketeers within. Souji nodded to Onibasu and Shinpachi, who charged forward, slaughtering the opposition with only a single misguided shot fired. They moved within, quickly splitting up toward other rooms, clearing them systematically of guards.

Souji stood in the marble stoned lobby before a long pair of steps to the second level. From a hallway to his right, a group of sword-bearing police ran out. They stopped immediately after realizing who he was. Their shaking hands reached for their sabers. Souji stopped them, surprisingly with a hand in the air.

"Tell me, swordsmen, do you appreciate this Meiji Government?"

The police looked to each other, unsure of what to say. Souji had them where he wanted them. He lowered his hand, nonthreatening to his side.

"I am sure you, of all people, have seen the corruption of our current government. You must remember the times before the Bakumatsu... what the Shogunate fought for... you must realize what the Shinsengumi fought for too. Join me, proud warriors, and I shall bring forth a new age of peace for the good people of Japan! The Shinsengumi's old ideals have not faltered!" Souji stated persuasively.

The police who had gathered there stood motionlessly. They knew in their hearts the corruption that they involved their selves in. They all remember the times before, with the proud name of the Shinsengumi, revered among everyone in Kyoto. All of their hands left the hilts to their sabers and they suddenly bowed before Souji.

"We see the truth in your voice, Kirikami-sama! We shall serve the Shinsengumi, as long as your ideals stand true." The supposed leader of the group announced.

"I see. You all are proud, and shall make grand members of the Shinsengumi. Cast away the western blade, and take up the Katana once again! Peace WILL come back to Japan, and the Shogunate of the Tokugawa will prevail! The innocent will be protected by us." Souji said.

He told the converted police to meet them all in the courtyard. As they did, they met with three others who were converted by the second group of Shinsengumi. Souji waited for two minutes more, before his comrades met up with him alongside Onibasu.

"The compound is secure, no others live within aside from the target." Shinpachi informed.

"Good, let the Wolves of Mibu greet this Takeda scum in office. Advance up the stairs. Any opposition shall be slain." Souji commanded.
Kamikaze_X
Overseers
Overseers

View user profile http://legacysociety.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by King Calamity on Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:59 pm

OOC: Sorry this took so long. Seriously, I think I exhausted my allowed time, but I'm certainly not complaining.

Hayate waited at the top floor. Finally, the Shinsengumi made their arrival, barreling through the door. He looked over the group to see that most of them wore the Shinsengumi uniform, but one was a woman in shinobi garb, and there were a few men in uniform, who Hayate assumed were defectors.

"The Shinsengumi!" Hayate said, opening his arms. "I'd give you one chance to surrender, but to men as prideful as you, I'd just be wasting my breath. You're a sorry lot, you know that? In the end, you're nothing more than a dangerous band of sore losers who can't accept the flow of the times, trying to change the past. Tokugawa Yoshinobu has accepted his defeat humbly, why can't you? Who will be your Shogun? Face it, what you're fighting for is nothing more than a dream, made impossible by the choices of the times."

----------------------------------

Hiraku stepped out of his room to find a large envelope waiting for him. "What's this?" he thought aloud as he picked it up. He opened it and read the letter it contained.

Hiraku Raiden. I know you to be an exceptional fighter. Because of that, I would like to ask you to serve your government and meet me at the nearby government compound tonight, and bring your sword.

Hayate

"What the..." Hiraku breathed and grabbed the other contents of the envelope, a small package. He opened it up to find it contained a small flare gun with a note attached. Fire this into the sky before entering the building.

"If this is the Hayate I'm thinking of," he chuckled, "I'm not surprised he'd just throw me into the situation like this." He stuffed the flare gun away and grabbed his sword as he walked outside, where he saw his new acquaintance, Ryouichi. "Come to check on that man again?" Hiraku asked him.

-----------------------------

"Who will be your Shogun?"

The answer was obvious for Onibasu, but she was curious to hear the answer these men had. It seemed clear to her that they felt respect, not loyalty, for Daisuke. Who was their Shogun?
King Calamity
Punishers
Punishers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chef on Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:49 pm

Ryouichi nodded at Hiraku, who has just arrived.

"He seems to be recovering, at least," he replied, confirming that man's survival. "Not sure how long it will take for him to heal. He's a stubborn one it seems, so I feel he'll be fine."

Suddenly a loud ruckus was heard from inside. The sound of something crashing to the ground and a few yelps from the caretakers. William walked through the door outside, right in front of Ryouichi and Hiraku. His chest and stomach areas were covered in bandages, a blood spot showing where that man had stabbed him. He panted as he walked.

"Dammit," he said, his voice full of foolish rage and determination. "Where the hell is that bastard? I'm gonna cut his arms off!"

Ryouichi was at loss of what to say. It had been only a day and this man was walking? His pure will to live and fight seemed to push him on beyond the limits of a normal person. This was not expected of a Westerner. He would make a fine swordsman...

"Where do you think you are going in that condition?" Ryouichi said in shock to the man.

"Like I said," William replied, his face red with anger. "I want to find that bastard and cut his arms off!"

He collapsed to one knee after that sentence, his face full of strain because of the pain. He looked up at Ryouichi and Hiraku.

"Who are you guys anyway?" he asked, his teeth clenched together in pain. "Why do you care where I go?"

Chef
Overseers
Overseers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze_X on Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:25 pm

Souji chuckled a bit at the man's question. The Shinsengumi and Onibasu all stood within the lobby and before the long stairs to their target. Souji advanced a pace and stopped. He looked, with narrowed menacing eyes, into his opponents. Anyone who was sensitive enough could feel the roar of his Ki.

"Who will be the Shogun? What kind of question is that? The Shinsengumi of now are not as you would call us... a 'band of losers'... we are the very same hitokiri from the Bakumatsu. We are still defending our creed, and the rightful leader of this country. The Shinsengumi shall always be working for the Tokugawa. Yoshinobu might be in retirement, but he still has the will of the Shoguns." Souji said. "The Bakumatsu will continue even into this Meiji Era, until the true victor is decided!"
Kamikaze_X
Overseers
Overseers

Back to top Go down

Post by King Calamity on Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:18 pm

Hayate shook his head. "Like talking to a wall," he sighed, "you're certainly warriors to the core. You understand nothing but the sword. Very well then, I can speak that language." He produced and unsheathed his blade from his coat. "Come at me then, and I shall put an end to your foolish dream!"

Damn, am I scared? I don't need to kill them all, just hold them until help arrives. But I can't be thinking about that. I think about that, I'm dead. All I can do is trust Hiraku. I just need to focus on fighting an entire band of assassins single-handed. But I love taking risks, don't I?

Hayate grinned and looked Souji in the eye. "Whenever you're ready, you thick-headed fool."

-----------------

"I was just trying to help you," Hiraku said, "and I'd appreciate it if you'd lie back down so that I know saving you wasn't a waste of effort. But I don't have time to convince you," he went on, sliding his sword into place at his belt, "I've got an important errand to run."
King Calamity
Punishers
Punishers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze_X on Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:21 pm

Souji grinned slightly and drew Kikuichi-Monji from its sheath and held it firmly in his hands. He looked directly into his new foe's eyes with his own. He felt his Ki, and he could tell that his opponent felt his as well. Their blades glinted in the chandelier's light above them.

"If you don't understand simple Japanese, then maybe you will know my true intentions when our blades clash." Souji said.

With great speed, he sprinted up the stairs, blade held in something like a Gatotsu stance however slightly lower and the blade was poised upward. His haori of light blue and white fluttered with the light as he ran, and his other blade bounced against his hip with each step.

Souji's comrades still stood at the end of the steps, in no way making a move to join the battle between their captain and his foe.
Kamikaze_X
Overseers
Overseers

Back to top Go down

Post by Chef on Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:47 am

William fumed.

"I feel fine, dammit!" he replied.

Ryouichi raised his eyebrow. This man truly was as stubborn as a mule. It was typical of a westerner such as himself. Ryouichi didn't like to use stereotypes, but this man was really living up to his name. He looked at William in the eye.

"You can't go getting revenge in that kind of condition," Ryouichi said to him, sighing. "You'd probably make a fool of yourself and die in the process. If you were smart, you would rest. Unless you wish me to use force to get you back into that clinic."

William glared. He didn't like being told what to do, but the man was right. He couldn't fight that master swordsman, no matter how much he thought he could. Besides, he didn't even have a proper gun on his person.

"Fine," William said through his teeth. "One more day! I'm not waiting any longer. I'm tired as all hell, anyways. Whatever."

William turned to walk back into the clinic, not turning back. Odd man, Ryouichi thought to himself. He's almost like a child. Scold him and he'll turn around and sulk. I'll see how hard it takes to turn him into a man later. Ryouichi looked at Hiraku quizzically when he mentioned an errand.

"Errand?" Ryouichi asked. "Whatever it is, would you mind if I accompanied you? It's not exactly exciting sitting around the clinic all day while listening to that Westerner complain from the inside about his situation."

Chef
Overseers
Overseers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by King Calamity on Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:11 pm

"I'm not sure this is the kind of exciting you're looking for," Hiraku said, "I'm not sure what I'm getting into myself, but I'm sure it's going to be dangerous." He grabbed the hilt of his sword, "I don't have this with me for nothing."

-------------

Hayate dove to the left and swung at Souji's hand with his sheath.

He's fast, I'd expect no less from the Shinsengumi. But maybe I can disarm him with this strike...
King Calamity
Punishers
Punishers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chef on Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:11 pm

Ryouichi raised his eyebrows. So Hiraku was going into something dangerous. Now he was curious. This mysterious man had to be involved in something that he didn't know about. He wondered if it had anything to do with the swordsmen they had encountered the other day.

"Hey, my weapons aren't for show either," he replied, grinning. "I didn't spend all those years learning the ways of the blade to become a pacifist. Surely I won't slow you down too much. Come on. What do you say?"

Chef
Overseers
Overseers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze_X on Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Souji, reacting well, lifted his hand slightly, allowing his opponent's blade to slice beneath, missing his by mere inches. Next, he spun quickly around to the enemy's backside, his blade poised horizontally for a stab.

"It's been a while since I have had a good duel. What is your name, warrior?" Souji asked with a grin.
Kamikaze_X
Overseers
Overseers

Back to top Go down

Post by King Calamity on Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:55 am

((OOC: I VOW TO POST MORE REGULARLY, IN THE NAME OF LOVE AND JUSTICE!))

Hayate dove swiftly to the left, avoiding Souji's thrust.

A duel, huh? His men are staying out of it, so I suppose that's what it is. Pride before practicality, he wants to prove his virtue through the way of the samurai. Good, I can hold out much longer against one man than I can a whole squad. I'm good, but I'm not that good.

"You know, I must admit, samurai, this fight has me feeling a bit nostalgic," Hayate said, "and for that, I suppose I'll give you my name. I am Hayate Hazama of the Kyoto police, and a former samurai of the Shogunate myself."

With that, Hayate swung with both his sword and sheath, the sword for the legs and sheath the head.

-----------------------

"I certainly hope you can live up to those words," Hiraku said, "for your own sake as well. Let's get going." The two hastily made their way to the government building.

I certainly hope Hazama's still alright, I don't want that cryptic letter to be his last words to me. I suppose I should count myself lucky this new friend of mine is a swordsman as well. I'm not sure just what I'm up against, and just have to hope this little plan of Hayate's pulls through.

The building they arrived at looked like bad memory from the Bakumatsu. The Shinsengumi had been very thorough and taken many lives here. It was clear that they were a force to be reckoned with.

Hiraku stopped, removed the flare gun from his pocket and fired it into the sky as Hayate's letter directed. "It probably won't be long before we run into trouble," he said to his ally, "keep your guard up and don't die on me."
King Calamity
Punishers
Punishers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze_X on Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:48 am

Souji's eyes widened in surprise that Hayate Hazama had been in the Shogun's army before the end of the Bakumatsu. Backpedaling to avoid the sheath and blade of his enemy, he stared into his eyes.

"I would have thought you would have been a Ishiin Shishi... but..." Souji stopped for a moment. "... but you were a soldier of the Shogun? Now you are here working as the Meiji's lapdog.. bearing no honor as it was taken ten years ago."

Souji got back into a stance of the Tennen Rishin-ryu and blasted his fighting Ki forth. With his Hitokiri's eyes of gold, he stared down his enemy.

"I always tell my opponent my name during a duel, so I shall now as well. My name is Okita Souji, commander over the first squad of the Shinsengumi. I will restore your fallen honor through your death."
Kamikaze_X
Overseers
Overseers

Back to top Go down

Post by Chef on Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:00 pm

Ryouichi followed Hiraku to the government building, not even sure what the reason for the visit was. All he knew was that this was urgent business. When they entered the building, Ryouichi could not help but let out a small gasp as he saw all the corpses littering the inside. Clearly this was the work of a group of swordsmen.

Could it be... Ryouichi thought to himself. Those men from yesterday? The Shinsengumi?

Ryouichi put his hand on his blade, his eyes dark and face solemn.

"Those...monsters," he said. "How can a human being kill so many without remorse?"

Ryouichi watched as Hiraku pulled out what looked to be a flare gun and fired it into the sky. He didn't even question the action, as he was guessing the man knew what he was doing. All he had to do was follow Hiraku's lead and be wary. Whatever was going to happen next, Ryouichi would be ready for it.

Chef
Overseers
Overseers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze_X on Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:08 pm

As Souji dueled by the steps to the second floor of the Police Headquarters, those of the Shinsengumi below waited patiently. Their uniforms of light blue and white were spattered with crimson blood. Their foes lie dead in pools of their own life in that, and the other rooms of the building. All was quiet except for the clangs of Souji's and Hayate's blades. However, outside, a single pop caught their attention. Nagakura Shimpachi turned abruptly and looked out a high window to the courtyard.

Their new recruits stood there waiting for the duel to be over, however their heads craned as they all looked to the sky. Shimpachi called out to the others to follow, which they did. As they exited to the courtyard, they viewed a flare, rising slowly into the heavens... something was wrong. Kondo Isami looked to Shimpachi and frowned, knowing his comrades all thought the same thing.

"Police Reinforcements? Who called them?" Isami asked rhetorically.

Looking to the new recruits, Kondo pointed toward their hideouts location and ordered them all to silently make their way there and wait for their return. The supposed superior to the defector police who joined the Shinsengumi bowed low and ran out of the premises with the others. Shimpachi suggested that they hold their positions outside, blocking the passages inside the HQ, until Souji was finished. If anything went wrong inside, Onibasu was still there overlooking the duel.
Kamikaze_X
Overseers
Overseers

Back to top Go down

Post by King Calamity on Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:00 am

Hayate grinned. "Okita, you said you'd restore my fallen honor through my death?" he said, "Well, that's very generous of you, but, as a policeman, to protect the peace of Kyoto comes before my honor, so I'm afraid I can't die yet. You're still free to try, however, this fight is not over." When he finished, Hayate entered a defensive stance and waited for Souji's next move.

--------------------

"Killing becomes easier the more you do it," Hiraku said, "and the Shinsengumi have killed many." Hiraku opened the door to see three men in Shinsengumi uniforms descending the stairs. They quickly noticed him and Ryouichi and readied their swords and advanced toward them. Hiraku put his hand on the hilt of his sword and charged forward. As the Shinsengumi attacked, so did he, and they finished with their backs turned to one another. Hiraku turned around to see he had brought down the man he attacked, but noticed a small cut on his arm. Damn, he thought, I must be getting rusty.
King Calamity
Punishers
Punishers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chef on Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:35 am

"The Shinsengumi?!" Ryouichi gasped. One of the swordsmen jumped forward at lightning speed towards him before he was expecting anything, his blade pointed forward for a killing stab. Time almost seemed to go in slow motion as Ryouichi put his hands on the hilts of his two blades and ripped them out, slashing the blade aside.

"You'll pay for this murder!" Ryouichi yelled, speeding forward and slashing the Shinsengumi soldier across the chest faster than the man could react. The man clenched his stomach, but wasn't finished just yet. As blood poured out of him the soldier slashed at Ryouichi, attempting to take him down with him. Ryouichi wasn't expecting this, but managed to jump backwards in time to dodge the attack, his kimono getting slashed. If it had been any closer, he could've received a major wound. Luckily years of training as a shinobi had made him built for escaping close calls like that. The man fell forward because of his wounds and Ryouichi cut him down, ending the man's pain.

Ryouichi brought up his ninjato and tanto and eyed the last soldier closely, wondering what move he would make. Whatever the move was, it would likely cost him his life, given the circumstances. Ryouichi went into a defensive stance and stared at the man intently, awaiting his next move.

Chef
Overseers
Overseers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze_X on Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:03 am

Souji suddenly sheathed his sword. His stance however, stayed quite rigid. His hand rested just above the hilt of his katana. He knew, by the surprised look on Hayate's face, that he knew that Souji was a Battoujutsu user. As soon as he heard the faint yell of an order from whom he supposed in being from Isami, Souji struck forward. His speed was incredible, something that almost no Ishiin Shishi could counter during the Bakumatsu. He was famous, among few others, as a great Iai-jutsu (sword drawing technique) user.

Before Hayate even knew it, Souji nearly a foot from his face. Souji's blade, which had been sheathed mere split-seconds before, was now drawn completed, blade edge outward and ready to slice him in half. Souji's eyes were narrowed, bearing all the sadness, hatred, and regret from the Bakumatsu. He yelled an attacks name, one he hadn't used in ten long years...

"Zangeki no joushou Hiryou!" (lit translation: slash of the rising dragon)

The newer recruits to the Shinsengumi, who had been a mere three since the end of the Bakumatsu fell in the front courtyard against two swordsmen. As the Shinsengumi veterans came out to the courtyard they eyed their enemy with surprise. Luckily, their newest recruits had escaped successfully from the Police Headquarters.

Kondo Isami stepped forward and looked to their two swordsmen enemies. The one recruit who was essentially unharmed, with only a cut on his arm, lay on the ground looking up terrified at his enemy. Shimpachi sighed and wiped his brow as he spun his Yari (spear) in a hand. Toshizo Hijikata, known as the old Demon Vice-Commander (who still was), drew his own katana and kissed its shimmering blade. Sanosuke Harada drew two blades, a katana and wakizashi. Heisuke Todo sheathed his katana and handled his naginata with both hands. Keisuke Yamanami drew his own katana and looked upon his enemy. They all were the best of the Shinsengumi, Kondo Isami's legion.

"We are the Mibu Ronin, the Shinsengumi of the Isami regiment. We no longer fight for the Shogunate, but we do fight for what this country needs most in the world. We follow the creed of 'Aku Soku Zan' (slay evil immediately)." Kondo Isami proudly stated.

At that moment, one could feel all of their fighting Ki, stronger than ordinary swordsmen. They were indeed the Shinsengumi of ten years ago. One could see that they were not the evil manslayers that they were now portrayed in being, they had never killed innocent civilians, and their creed from old still stuck with them. Their minds however, were still in the Bakumatsu, and so their job wouldn't be done.

"The recruits have to be trained better.... Hijikata." Shimpachi commented as he saw the frightened excuse for a soldier beneath their enemy.

Hijikata mumbled something beneath his breath before barking out one of his famous orders.

"What are you?! A common dog, or a soldier of Mibu? Stand up and have courage!" Hijikata yelled, his expression unchanging from a hard tone.

The recruit stood up, slightly wincing as he held his shoulder. His other hand still held the hilt of his blade, and courage started to spring up through his eyes. Back-stepping, he got into a defensive position and awaited his enemies attack.

"Jeez.... this just doesn't feel right without Hajime-san..." Heisuke commented with a sigh.
Kamikaze_X
Overseers
Overseers

Back to top Go down

Post by Chef on Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:22 pm

Ryouichi glared at his new opponents. All the respect he used to have for the Shinsengumi was gone. They were no longer humans, it seemed. They wanted to topple the peaceful government with their warlike ideals and endanger everyone in the process, including innocent civilians. Though they probably didn't realize it, everyone would be affected by their attacks.

"Aku soku zan?" Ryouichi questioned. "What kind of creed is that? No one has the right to judge a human being, no matter who they are. You may believe you are helping Japan but all your are doing is destroying it!"

Ryouichi let out a battle cry and charged forward, leaping with lightning speed at the man who scolded the recruit. With intentions to kill, Ryouichi slashed outwards with his two blades, making a cross like attack that was one of his fastest and most lethal techniques. His eyes were filled with rage as he carried out his family's special attack:

"Oujou no Kousa! (Death Cross)" he yelled.

Chef
Overseers
Overseers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze_X on Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:54 pm

"Charging headlong as a bull... is not the best of strategies." Hijikata remarked.

Hijikata stepped forward with blade out. Just as his enemy was merely feet before him, he spun around, dodging the two crossed blades, and stood to his rear. The tip of his blade was faced face, jabbed into his opponents back, already slightly through the clothing and touching flesh.

"I am Hijikata Toshizo, Vice-Commander of the Shinsengumi. I believe that you are a hypocrite, swordsman. You say that no one has the right to judge... but what are you doing to the Shinsengumi right now? I will ask you a question... when have we ever endangered the innocent people of Kyoto? You are indeed police in this new regime, but we protected these streets long before any of you."
Kamikaze_X
Overseers
Overseers

Back to top Go down

Post by Chef on Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:02 pm

Ryouichi fell forward, the enemy's blade piercing his back slightly. He slammed into the ground, letting out a gasp. Struggling to get up, he turned towards the enemy, angry and furious.

"You are tearing this nation apart!" Ryouichi said, his voice shaking with anger. "You kill whoever you please as long as it is in your favor! You massacred those police men! I am not judging anything! I am simply seeing the truth before my own eyes! What you have done is murder, and I cannot let that go!"

He yelled once more, jumping into the air and bringing his two blades down in an aerial attack to slice through his enemy. His attacks were becoming more clumsy because of his uncontrolled rage, but a new strength flowed through him. He wanted to stop these men.

"I will stop you even if it costs my life!" Ryouichi roared as he plunged down towards the Shinsengumi soldier.

Chef
Overseers
Overseers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze_X on Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:10 pm

Hijikata took his blade from the man's back calmly and allowed him to jump into the air. As he brought the blades down, he took out his short blade and parried both with that. His katana swung through the air, catching his opponent slightly on the arm before he jumped away. The sleeve of the enemy tore off to show a long slice, shallow and not deep. A trickle of blood slowly flowed down his arm. Hijikata sheathed his short blade and held his Katana in a defensive stance.

"Have I really done all the wrong, or has the Shinsengumi done all that wrong? Yes, we took down the police squadron that came to the Shirobeko... but it was in defense. You know that those we target are corrupted, and you know that this government is corrupted. Here is the sad truth, swordsman, the Bakumatsu has not ended yet. Ten years have gone by, allowing this Meiji government to slowly destroy what Japanese culture we have left. This time, what you call peace, is nothing but a mirage... and we plan to show just what this country really is turning into." Hijikata said.
Kamikaze_X
Overseers
Overseers

Back to top Go down

Post by Chef on Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:12 pm

Ryouichi gasped in pain and clenched the cut on his arm. He was lucky it was nothing major enough to immobilize one of his arms. He needed both of them to fight effectively. He clenched his teeth together in anger. This man's ideas were all wrong! He wouldn't listen to a corrupted Shinsengumi soldier! Ryouichi turned and faced the man, staring directly at his eyes.

"You can't live in the past forever!" Ryouichi snapped back. "I agree there are some corrupt men leading the government, but the same thing goes for any other government. Killing them causes nothing but chaos and uproar! I have learned Imperialists as well, but I will not resort to killing people just because I don't like their ideals. Years ago they massacred my family and I hated them for it. Before I would do anything for revenge but now I see the truth. If I give in to that hate and kill just like they have, I am simply becoming one and the same with them. Imperialist or Shinsengumi, I don't care; a murderer the same no matter what faction they belong to. The only reason there isn't any peace is because people like you exist!"

Ryouichi sheathed his tanto and quickly threw two kunai at the man. As the knives flew through the air, Ryouichi used a two hand grip on his ninjato and prepared to do an upwards slash. He had to defeat this man! He had to stop this madness!

Chef
Overseers
Overseers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze_X on Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:21 pm

Hijikata unsheathed his shortblade once more, blocking both kunai and knocking them aside into the dirt. He sheathed it just as quickly as before, and charged forward, two hands upon the hilt of his katana. His eyes flashed as the blades, clanged into a deadlock.

"You are a fool! What you are doing is no different than us. Whomever disagrees with the new mandate gets crushed? We follow the old, you follow the new! Both is violence, and the sword is the only way to bring change, positive or negative! Just as I am trying to kill you, you are trying to kill me. Don't throw yourself into denial... WE ARE ALL MURDERERS!" Hijikata yelled.
Kamikaze_X
Overseers
Overseers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top