Legacy Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin
https://legacysociety.darkbb.com

Chapter I:  Embers of the Revolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Chapter I: Embers of the Revolution

Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:37 pm
The entire time that the fight had gone on between Daisuke and the westerner, Souji watched interestedly. He and his Shinsengumi had made quick work of the police, an utter bloodbath was left in their wake. The people of the street had long ago run from their work, however not in the same way that they had before. The people of Kyoto, oddly enough, had been somewhat swayed by Souji's remarks back at the Shirobeko. Word had begun to spread from that day forward of his and the Shinsengumi's intentions. All according to the plan of course.

Souji and his group watched with interest as the fright took place. The westerner obviously knew how to handle his own type of weapon, whether it be saber or rifle, however... Souji already anticipated the outcome of the duel. The westerner, being too blind to see the truth and the will of his opponent, had no chance at all of winning. The Samurai were not just a gaggle of honor-brained killers, they had, through the most intensive of training, learned to anticipate their opponents moves, emotions, and mentality. As soon as the westerner decided to challenge the likes of Daisuke to a sword match, the outcome was predetermined.

In fact, the only thing that was not determinable even for a Samurai, was the fate of the westerner. Would he be spared death through a strike of mercy? Would he fall dead to the Samurai's blade? Or... would something entirely different happen. At this conclusion, Souji grinned and looked to his comrades who stood beside him.

"We will have to leave this to karma, neh?" Souji asked rhetorically.
King Calamity
King Calamity

Chapter I:  Embers of the Revolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Chapter I: Embers of the Revolution

Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:01 pm
Daisuke deflected the Westerner's blow with a swipe of his wakizashi and followed up with a slash across both legs, then finished with a spinkick to knock him off his feet.

"I must say, I'm surprised at the strength of your fighting ki," Daisuke said, "you may have been a great swordsman, it's too bad you'll die here. Get up, I won't kill you just yet."
Chef
Chef
Admin

Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:00 pm
William fell backwards and cursed, blood dripping down his pants from the cuts he received on both legs. This samurai is good with the sword, he thought to himself. But I must not give up. I must prove the superiority of the west!

William struggled to his feet, blood spurting from his legs because of the effort it took. Despite the obvious pain, he grinned and his eyes flashed as he raised his sword, pointing it at the samurai once again.

"I can see that luck is on your side tonight," he said mockingly. "You will not be lucky again."

The Westerner yelled and charged at the samurai once more. This was it. If he was slashed again, it would be the final blow of the battle. He had to win. William shot forward like lightning at the man, aiming for the chest with his rapier, about to pierce the man and run him through the heart.
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin

Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:07 pm
Souji watched as the westerner lunged at Daisuke. Even with injured legs and intense pain, he charged forward so. An eyebrow raised, Souji smirked slightly. He looked to his fellow comrades and nodded toward the duel.

"I will give that man this, he has some good courage." Souji commented. "He could be a real threat to others if he learns the true way of swordsmanship."

Hearing a distant whistle from the reinforcements no doubt, Souji looked to his comrades and then back to Daisuke. The rest of the Shinsengumi fled into the shadows, heading toward their hideout in central Kyoto. Souji started to walk away into the shadows of a sidestreet. Before leaving, he called out to Daisuke.

"Daisuke-san, I will meet you again soon, but for now the Shinsengumi shall depart."
King Calamity
King Calamity

Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:07 pm
The Westerners thrust was much faster than his last one. Daisuke still managed to deflect it with his wakizashi then followed up with a thrust with his katana, running the man through in the chest.

The Shinsengumi had left, but two men who appeared to be warriors remained in front of the Shirobeko. "You can save him," Daisuke said, "if you're quick. I avoided his vitals, so if you can keep him from bleeding out..." he turned to the westerner, "I spared you because I do not wish to kill you as you are, but as I know you can become. now that you have felt the strength of a true warrior, I expect to see you putting that swordsman spirit of yours to work next time we meet."

Daisuke snapped his fingers, "Onibasu, you can come out."

A woman in Shinobi garb stepped out of the shadows between buildings. Daisuke turned to her, "I'm leaving now, before the reinforcements arrive. As much as I'd love to fight all night, I have more business to attend to and must ask you and the Kagede Ittai to clean up for me."

Onibasu said nothing, but drew a kodachi and nodded to Daisuke. With that, he ran into the alleys.
Chef
Chef
Admin

Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:49 pm
Ryouichi ran forward and caught the Westerner before he fell over from the wound. He watched as the samurai ran off with a woman into the alleyways, leaving them with nothing but words to chew on. William fell unconscious from the lack of blood and fell almost limp in Ryouichi's arms.

"We've gotta get this man help quickly!" Ryouichi said urgently. He turned to the other man that had a katana in the restaurant. "You! Help me carry this man to my home. I have medical supplies there and some experience behind me with these kind of wounds."

Ryouichi grabbed one end of the man and awaited for the other person to help him carry William.
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin

Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:48 pm
Souji and the rest of his comrades moved through the city silently. The din of the police whistles slowly died off behind them as they moved as a single unit. They were fast, moving from alleyway to alleyway in a neat line. Through the dark, the shadows marred the light and apparent uniforms of the Shinsengumi. In central Kyoto, not far from their first assassination site of Keniichiro Omeada, they found their hideout. Slowly and stealthily sliding open the door, the group made their way inside.

Souji ordered all the men to wash up and prepare for a meeting afterward. They did so, and about twenty minutes passed before the comrades met together in the main room, all wore fresh kimonos and hakamas. Souji briefed over their mission, altogether deemed a success. Their names would now spread all throughout Japan, gaining either admiration or fear from individuals. The alliance-ship with Daisuke also was made apparent to everyone through his actions back at the Shirobeko.

From then, the Shinsengumi would move by night and day, making their name known and assassinating key figures of the Meiji government... or that was the overall plan. Now that the populace of Kyoto no longer feared the Shinsengumi as they had, they were free to move about without concealing their identities. A new era in Kyoto for the group was starting, and the police were to be the first to go.

Souji stood in the middle of the room, his comrades sat around him. With a tack, he stuck a piece of paper to the wall of the room. A man, dressed formally in a suit and tie was in a photograph. Souji pointed to him and directed everyone's attention.

"This is our next victim, the Police Vice-Commissioner of Kyoto, Ujio Takeda. He will be in the government building of Kyoto of course, and we will strike there in full force. The Shinsengumi's name will finally be taken a bit more seriously by the Meiji Government afterward, as right now they only consider us a thorn in their side. The times of change are upon us, my friends. We should take full advantage." Souji stated bluntly, stabbing a tanto into the photograph of the politician.
King Calamity
King Calamity

Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:27 pm
Shougo stepped into the building. It was full of thugs. "Are you the Watanabe gang?" he called to no-one in particular.

"And what if we are?" one thug yelled.

"Then I've been told to send a message," Shougo said, clenching his fist, "with the Akuma Kobushi!"

"Wait, the Akuma Kobushi!" a thug yelped, "Does that mean he's..."

"The street fighter Shougo Sawamura?" another finished.

"Yes," Shougo said, "and you're all about to learn why mine is known as the Fist of Hell!"

"Just get him!" one thug yelled, "He can't take all of us!"

Shougo grinned. They always made this mistake. Some of them grabbed bokken while others drew knives, and they all charged him. The attack had no thought to it, all the men just assumed their blows would connect. Shougo spun around and kicked the first of them into those behind them. A few were rendered unconscious there, a testament to their weakness as fighters, their only strength coming from numbers and the weakness of their usual opponents.

Shougo stepped forward and threw a punch into the face of the nearest man. Blood flew from his nose and mouth as he collapsed to the ground. He swung at another and he ended up the same. Shougo continued this until all the thugs were down, and left. He was payed in advance, so he needn't return to his employer, so he went straight home, where he found a man in a green kimono with two swords, accompanied by a woman in a shinobi outfit, waiting for him.

"Daisuke Katsuo, I presume?" Shougo said.

"Correct," Daisuke replied, "And this is my associate, Onibasu, as well as your colleague, should you accept my offer."

"We'll see." Shougo said.

"What are your conditions?" Daisuke asked.

"I fight for a living. If I fight for you, I won't be able to do my job. I'm not asking for much, but I have..." he looked down to the floor, "responsibilities."

"Yes, I know your situation well, Shougo." Daisuke said, "Forgive me, but I did a large amount of research before seeking out my allies."

"If this turns out as I'd like, I'll have no reason to be angry."

"Wait," Daisuke paused, "Onibasu, I'm afraid I didn't tell our Shinsengumi friends just where they could meet me if they need to contact me. Please, track them down and contact them for me."

Onibasu remained silent and left, almost unnoticeable.

"Well then," Daisuke said, "Let's have a look at your... responsibilities."

Shougo led him into the next room, with a single bed where a small young woman slept. He crouched down next to her and petted her hair lightly.

"She was always less than healthy," Shougo reflected, "but since that day..." he shook his head, "even though it's been ten years, she hardly recovered at all."

"I see..." Daisuke said, "Don't worry, you will be well rewarded, and we'll take utmost care when we move her."

"Move her?" Shougo stammered, "You can't, she can't handle it..."

"Oh, but I'm sure you understand. Because of our goals, the Tenken Clan will be seen as a criminal organization, so you can't live somewhere the government can find you, and I'm sure you don't want her to be alone."

Shougo nodded. "I understand," he said, "but I'll be the one to take her there. I'll wait for her to feel a bit better so I can walk her, and I won't trust anyone else with it."

"I see," Daisuke said, "So it's agreed. I'll be going now."

"Wait," Shougo said, "One more condition. I won't take part in an organization that brings pain to the innocent."

"Don't worry," Daisuke said, "I have lofty goals, but I have my pride. You have my word I won't do a thing underhanded or dishonorable. Also, you'll need a name. Not your own, but a title, one that people will fear when they hear it. Tell me when we meet again, will you? I left directions to my hideout on your table."

------

Onibasu stepped through the shadows of the Shinsengumi hideout. She listened to their plan, and was furious they had said nothing to Daisuke. She stepped out.

"Why did you say nothing of this assassination to Daisuke-sama?" She questioned, "Are we not allies now?"

-------

Hiraku followed the other man up to the fallen westerner and helped lift him. "I know of a nearby clinic," Hiraku said, "let's take him there."

Hiraku wondered why he had remained so hesitant. Perhaps it was because a part of him wanted these men to carry out their plans. Hiraku was a proud swordsman, and did not like the way the Meiji Government had turned out, but he knew what these men did was wrong. Hiraku resolved there to hesitate no more. He would defend peace for those who lived without violence. To bring such destruction into a peaceful age was evil, and so Hiraku decided the Shinsengumi would fall victim to their own ideal...

Aku Soku Zan.
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin

Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:27 pm
The Shinsengumi seemed unsurprised that the kunoichi had found them. Shinpachi stood up, along with Souji when she entered. The others remained sitting, a couple still casually taking sips of their tea. Souji motioned toward an empty mat at the floor by the low table, suggesting that Onibasu should join them. Seeing her disposition however seemed to let him know she wouldn't. Souji approached her and stood proudly.

"I will forgive your rude intrusion this one time, since you are an ally. But, I will allow you to hear our answer. The Shinsengumi, although allies with another organization does not fall under or with the Tenken's command. What our goals and ambitions are... are our own. We will do as we please, and we shouldn't have to tell Daisuke-san what it is that we do. We are not his subordinate, but rather equals. If he does not understand this, then I fear our alliance should be forfeit." Souji stated rather bluntly.
King Calamity
King Calamity

Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:38 pm
"Do not misunderstand me," Onibasu said sternly, "Daisuke-sama has nothing but the utmost respect for the Wolves of Mibu. However," She scowled, "I am not so trusting. I feel that if you act without our assistance, you are not using your resources to their fullest potential. Not only that, but when we act on our own, our efforts are smaller than if they are the result of our collective planning."

Onibasu eased up a bit. "However," she said, "I do think that your target is suitable. if we attack the heads of the police force, they will be weakened, and the Meiji Government," she said the name like it was a curse, "will not have a chance, especially against warriors such as ours."

She sat down on the mat Souji motioned toward earlier. "That is why I will accompany you. As his lead spy, I serve as Daisuke-sama's eyes and ears in Kyoto, for his allies as well as his enemies. I will assist you in this mission, to ensure that it is carried out properly. Remember: Your business is our business now, as our business is yours. If we do not assist you, I will be watching you." She looked Souji in the eyes, "and if you become a burden to the will of the Tenken, I will not hesitate to kill you, even if Daisuke-sama should hate me for it."
Chef
Chef
Admin

Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:59 pm
"All right," Ryouichi answered the man helping him carry the Westerner. "To the clinic it is." They both carried the man quickly, but still tried to be gentle, as his fatal wounds were very bad. Life was dripping quickly out of William, and if he didn't receive professional help soon, he would definitely die of blood loss.

After a while of briskly walking, they finally came across the clinic that the other man was mentioning.

"I take it this is it?" he asked the samurai. "Then let's go in and get this man patched up."
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin

Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:06 pm
Souji's eyes narrowed. Their original color transformed to something like a golden color, deep and ominous showing the warriors spirit from back in the Bakumatsu. The other Shinsengumi felt his ki and looked a bit startled for a moment. The eyes were those of a legendary Hitokiri.. a man-slayer and what he had gone through to earn his title as Captain of the Shinsengumi. His eyes however, only seconds later, turned back to normal, a grayish color.

"Assistance is not always needed. Your master would understand, being a warrior himself. Sometimes honor and pride are taken over cooperation, Onibasu-san. And... allow me to make this deal complete." Souji's eyes narrowed again, a hint of wrath hidden behind a strong will. "If you ever get in the Shinengumi's way again with these trifles, or with talks of loyalty, I would never hesitate in taking your head to Daisuke himself. Slayer wolf and his pack don't go down easily." Souji said coldly.
King Calamity
King Calamity

Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:20 am
Onibasu slammed her fist down on the table. "You're just like him!" she blurted, "In battle you're beyond amazing, but your samurai pride makes you so damned stubborn!"

She realized what she was saying and composed herself again. "I... apologize, Okita-san," she said softly, "however, please hear me out now that I am... calm. First I will apologize for entering so rudely. You see, though you say you are equals, and though he views you as his equals, I cannot see anyone as an equal to Daisuke-sama. However, I shall treat you with respect from now on, just as Daisuke-sama does. Second, I do not think you incapable of carrying out this mission. You have proven yourselves skilled, and you've shown me your conviction in that look just now. But I want to see you operate, and I want to leave a sign of the Tenken clan, so that Japan knows that the Shinsengumi are not alone. Finally, as for getting in the way, if I should ever hinder your, and consequently Daisuke-sama's progress, then I would not hesitate to take my own life. I will die before I become a burden."

Onibasu stood up. "I won't allow you to do this alone. If you won't let me accompany you, I will follow you. Please understand, Okita-san, this isn't just a matter of your honor anymore. These aren't duels between samurai, this is the beginning of a war. It is a war that the Meiji will be unable to control, and they will fall out of power." She paused for a moment. "There's one more reason I'd like to accompany you. In Daisuke-sama's service, I have been spending all my time on information. I fear that I may be losing my touch in combat, and that I'll be of little use to Daisuke-sama once the fighting starts." Onibasu swallowed her pride and bowed slightly. "Please allow me to accompany you so I know I can be sure my skills have not dulled."

------

Hiraku and the stranger carried the westerner to the clinic. "I know the people who run this clinic pretty well," he said, "it's right next to the restaurant that belongs to my wife's family, the Hidamari."

The set the man down on a bed with haste. "He's been run through with a sword," Hiraku said, "but the blade missed his vital organs. Can you stop the bleeding?" The doctors went to work on the man as Hiraku and the stranger walked outside and waited.

"Say," Hiraku said, "What's your name?"
Chef
Chef
Admin

Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:57 pm
Ryouichi ran his fingers through his hair, tired from the carrying and quite overwhelmed by what happened today. He had witnessed quite a few deaths and they hardly saved one person, who just happened to be a westerner. He had no idea what he was getting himself into. Ryouichi's attention came back to the samurai, as he inquired about his name.

"You may call me Ryouichi," he said to the stranger slowly. "I am..." Ryouichi stopped suddenly. He was about to tell the stranger that he was a former shinobi, acting as a wanderer. Ryouichi did not feel that he could tell this stranger he hardly knew about his current occupation, so he chuckled nervously and continued.

"It seems I have stumbled over my words a bit," he said, trying to pretend that the thought of telling the man never came across his mind. "What may I call you, samurai?"
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin

Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:04 pm
Okita's expression softened. He looked to Onibasu and bowed slightly. After taking a long sip of his tea, then refilling his cap, he looked to her with a interested expression. He had seen her resolve, which was enough for him. They both had made good points and arguments, but as he thought about it, he tended to agree that it would possibly be best if the Shinsengumi included the Tenken for at least one of two of their own assassinations. After a good while, Souji spoke up, ending the rather awkward silence.

"Onibasu-san, I will accept your proposal. You may accompany us in our assassination. I doubt you would become a burden, if I know Daisuke-san enough, I would say that he would never choose to take on a weak apprentice." Souji stated.
King Calamity
King Calamity

Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:10 pm
Onibasu sighed in relief. "Let's go, then," she said as she stepped out the door.

-----------

"I'm Hiraku Raiden." he introduced himself. "It's a pleasure to meet you. It's a good thing you were there, I might not have been able to carry him so quick myself. You're a literal lifesaver."
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:39 pm
Souji started to laugh. He watched Onibasu prepare to leave. None of the Shinsengumi had moved from their seats the entire time. Souji patted the mat where she had sat, his eyes gazed playfully up at her from where he sat.

"No need to rush. We were making plans on striking the police chief of Kyoto, we weren't planning on going tonight. We just returned from that showdown in front of the Shirobeko. The Shinsengumi does not jump into business prospects right off the bat, Onibasu-san, we wait for the right moment to strike." Shinpachi said as he took a sip of tea.

Souji nodded at Shinpachi's explanation. The Shinsengumi were renowned assassins, and regarded as the greatest swordsmen force during the Bakumatsu. They had learned, through many years, that rushing to do a job is the worst way. Their philosophy concerning their occupation was sound and stagnant. However, all Shinsengumi knew when the best time to strike would come.
Chef
Chef
Admin

Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:35 pm
"The same goes for you," Ryouichi said to Hiraku. "We are equally responsible for saving that man. I do not even know his name, or his cause, but every life is worth saving to me. Just because someone is the way they are now, doesn't mean they can't change."

He leaned forward and peered sideways into the room where they seemed to be working on the Westerner. He had taken a heavy blow after all and would need lots of medical treatment for a while. Ryouichi was thankful the man didn't die. He saw something in the Westerner; some sort of ki flowed from him that was stronger than most samurai he had seen. That man just needed some help releasing the ki and using the sword like he was meant to. Guns were not for his soul. He had the soul of a warrior. Ryouichi leaned back again, hoping he didn't seem a little too curious.

"Those men back there were nothing but trouble," Ryouichi said to Hiraku. "Who do you think they were, anyway? I know that most were of the Shinsengumi of so long ago, but one of the men... He was different."
King Calamity
King Calamity

Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:32 pm
"I don't know who that man was," Hiraku said, "but he was clearly a samurai, and one of great skill. Whoever they are, it is my responsibility as a warrior to protect this peace. I cannot watch men try to bring war back to a world where people live happily for their own stubborn desires."

------------

Onibasu sighed. "Of course," she said, "our conversation became a bit heated, and I wasn't thinking clearly." She took her seat again and looked down, trying to hide her slight embarrassment. "So what is our plan, then?" She said, returning to her usual posture.
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin

Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:41 pm
Souji looked to everyone and laid out a long map of the Government Building in Kyoto. He pointed to different points of entry. The building was obviously of the western style, modernized and new. Positions where guards stood were accounted for, as well as other positions marked in blue for the Shinsengumi's positions before invasion.

"Here is my plan. One third of you will enter from this area, only after killing the gates guards of course." Souji started, pointing at the far southern wall surrounding the government building. "Next, I and Shinpachi shall enter from the left side, where the defense is somewhat weaker. On the right, Onibasu, that is where you may enter from the woodlands. Once we are all within the compound, invasion starts through the various building exits. Take down any doors, and we will meet on the first level's lobby before the stairs going to the next. Any questions?" Souji asked.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum