Legacy Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Luchiaros
Luchiaros

Chapter I: Visions of Death Empty Chapter I: Visions of Death

Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:18 pm
Night had come to the camp of the Achaeans, the sentries began to go about their duties and the others began to get some rest for they would need it in the morning. They had spent the last six years living just three miles from the city of Troy, they were all there because of something they had sworn.

Years ago before Helen of Sparta was married to King Menelaus many Achaean nobles had argued over who should have the hand of the most beautiful woman in the world. One of them named Odysseus made a proposal to King Tyndareus, Odysseus said that it Tyndareus would support him in his suiting of Penelope then he would have all of Helen's suitors promise that they would defend the marriage of Helen no mater who he chose. Tyndareus agreed and then he chose Menelaus for political reasons, the other suitors then swore on several pieces of a horse that they would defend Menelaus and Helen from any harm. Then it all started at a wedding of the gods which Eris, the goddess of Discord wasn't allowed to attend, in her anger she tossed a golden apple into the room on which ''To the Fairest'' was written, Athena, Hera and Aphrodite began to argue which one of them was the fairest. Zeus, in hopes to end the argument sent Hermes to lead them to Paris, a young shepherd. Hermes did so and the three goddesses appeared before him and and asked him which was the fairest. When Paris was unable to choose between them they resorted to bribes, Athena offered him wisdom, skill in battle and the abilities of the greatest warrior, Hera offered political power and all of Asia Minor and Aphrodite offered him the most beautiful woman in the world, Helen of Sparta. Paris accepted Aphrodite's offer and kidnapped Helen, he then fled to Troy were he was a prince. Menelaus went to Agamemnon and told him to uphold his oath and gather the Achaean Kings, Agamemnon began to gather the Kings and after many years of preparation they set forth. They landed near Troy six years ago and since then they have laid siege to the city.

Alexandros of Athens awoke, it was almost midnight yet he could not sleep. Dressing he went to Agamemnon's tent to speak with him, to his luck Agamemnon was awake and outside speaking with Menelaus, Odysseus, Achilles and Ajax the Greater

''My lords, I have a request to make.'' Alexandros said as he bowed before them

''Make your request Athenian.'' Agamemnon said

''Tonight Athena appeared to me in a vision, she told me to take a ship with fifty good soldiers back to Greece,'' Alexandros explained to them ''She said she would tell me more once I returned to the Parthenon.''

The five others looked at each other, they had encountered cowards before, but to claim that you were told to return to Greece by the Olympians? That was something new. After a long discussion Achilles spoke

''Good warrior of Athens, we have decided that we will grant you what you wish, however those that go with you will be chosen by us,'' he said ''If you are lying to us and are only asking for a ship so you can return home and escape the war then the consequences will be great, do you understand?''

''I understand my lords.''

''Very good, you can go now, your ship and its crew will be ready at dawn.''

Alexandros bowed once more and then returned to his tent, he lay in his bed thinking of what had just happened. Athena had come to him in a vision and told him to return to Greece and leave the war, the leaders of the Achaeans had agreed to give him a ship and crew but they did not trust him.

At dawn Alexandros was awake and ready, he made his way to the beach and found Achilles speaking with the fifty sailors he was promised

''Know this all of you, you are taking orders form Alexandros of Athens now, to disobey him is to disobey me, but if he returns to Greece and settles down then you are to return to me with him and he will answer to the gods for his crimes, go now and make due haste to Greece for if he truly has been ordered back to Greece then you must ensure he returns as swiftly and safely as possible.''

After finishing Achilles turned to Alexandros

''Good luck with your return voyage and may the gods protect you.''

Alexandros bowed before him and then boarded the trireme that was made ready for him. The voyage had started well and the winds were in their favor. For the rest of journey the waters were calm and the winds favorable, now only a few amongst the crew doubted the gods were helping Alexandros. After a three week journey they reached Athens, they were surrounded as they left the ship and struggled to get through the crowds but they finally made it to the Parthenon. There they found a company of warriors that Alexandros had been expecting

''Hail, I take it you are here because of the gods?'' Alexandros said to them.

((OOC: Those that went to Troy are with me, those that didn't are the ones that were waiting for us, you were told in a vision from your patron god/goddess to go to the Parthenon in Athens and to wait the arrival of the Son of Athena who will come from Troy with fifty soldiers))

Last edited by Luchiaros on Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chef
Chef
Admin

Chapter I: Visions of Death Empty Re: Chapter I: Visions of Death

Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:11 pm
Obelix looked out across the sea as they made there way to Greece. He had been chosen to be one of the fifty warriors to accompany the man, Alexandros, following a dream. He was not too keen on the dream matter, but that did not mean much to him, as it was his duty to do as the gods wished.

He wore some light armor over his clothes and had his great sword leaning against the edge of the boat, as it would make he too weary if he carried it on his back the whole time. The sword itself was greater than any other sword ever created. It was very large and made a hard metal, crafted by Hephaestus himself. He had been blessed with power to wield this weapon and Obelix was grateful for it. He was glad to be in favor of the gods.

When the ship finally reached its destination, Obelix departed with the rest onto the shore. Then they travelled to Parthenon were they were to meet a company of soldiers. They met the other company rather quickly. Obelix got a few amazed stares as they looked at his weapon, but ignored them. He stood by silently and waited for their next orders, as he did not feel it was necessary to speak to these men.
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin
https://legacysociety.darkbb.com

Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:51 pm
The dark of night swirled around a silhouetted figure who slowly climbed a path to the peak of a mountain. The trees swayed and gave off a low hum as the wind moved through the forest. High above in the sky, a full moon seemed to watch the figure as they climbed. A small rock tumbled down the path from under the sandaled foot of the person. Through the mask of trees ahead of the snaking path, the dull gray stones of a Temple loomed.

The figure entered the Temple with reverence and lowered their hood. It was none other than Kratos Phoros, a local Spartan and guard to the city. This Temple was his own, dedicated to his father, the God of War, Ares. His dark black hair fell behind him in a short ponytail, his short beard was well shaven. His steel gray eyes complimented his well toned body and tanned skin. Kratos currently wore white robes which went down passed his knees. Strapped to his side was a sheathed Xiphos, said to be unbreakable and could cut anything, it's name was Ares' Wrath.

From within the Temple, a giant statue of Ares stood, torches lit the way for any worshipers who might enter up until the altar. Kratos walked slowly on the marble floor to the altar, he got to his knees and clasped his hands together in prayer. His father would surely hear him. Though, all Kratos ever prayed for from his father was safety for his mortal family and good health for all in the village. However, tonight his prayer would be different, a fire burned in his eyes, hearkening to Ares' own.

"Father.. Ares.. I pray to thee for something different this night. I pray for the destruction of Troy, for taking the pride of Sparta away. It has been many long years... this war shall end soon, whether the God's bear this burden, or mortal man."

Kratos wondered if he would ever meet his father, although he knew it would probably have to be only after ascending to the heavens. With this thought in mind, Kratos left a small sacrifice of gold at the altar and left the Temple of Ares to go back to the village in peace.
Luchiaros
Luchiaros

Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:19 pm
Alexandros looked at the men that stood before him, they were all well armed and battle ready. Truly the Gods had something important that needed to be done or else they would not gather so many warriors together.

''I am Alexandros of Athens, welcome to the Company of Olympus for that is what we are,'' He said to them ''A company of warriors, heroes and soldiers brought together by the Gods to do their bidding, I will give you all two weeks to deal with your personal matters because I doubt all of us will survive the tasks the Gods will have us do, we will meet here at dawn in fourteen days, those that are late will go no further with us, now go, I have unfinished business here.''

As they filled away Alexandrios entered the temple, before him stood the great statue of Athena. Approaching it he noticed a shield, a set of armor and a bow were lade out in-front of it, ignoring these he knelt before the statue and closed his eyes, within moments he was asleep.

''Alexandros, wake now.'' a voice said to him

Waking up he looked around, it was dark and the Parthenon was empty save him and another person standing in the shadows.

''Who are you?'' Alexandros asked as the other left the shadows ''Mother, What do you need of me?''

''Alexandros, you have seen the the destruction of Greece as you know,'' Athena said to him ''The only way to stop it from happening is to enter Hades and keep the Gates of Tartarus shut, the journey to Hades will not be easy and once inside the journey to the Gates will be even harder, only the brave will survive, in ten days you must choose only twenty seven others to go with you and send the rest to Troy.''

''Why only twenty seven? Will I not need more?''

''Do not question the commands of Zeus, he has said that if more then thirty enter then you will surely fail.''

''But what of the other two?''

''Seek out the one they call the Demi-God, he will join you once you show him the mark of Olympus, the last one will wield a Bow of Artemis and sail with the Atlantean to Troy, you will meet them at the city of Messe in Laconia.''

As Alexandros bowed and turned to leave Athena motioned towards the armor and bow lying on the ground.

''You will need these son.''

''Thank you.''

Alexandros took the equipment and then left the Parthenon. After he had left Zeus stepped out from behind a pillar

''Do you think he has the strength to do what must be done?'' he said to Athena

''Alexandros is brave, but when the time comes only he will be able to answer that question, let us return to Olympus.'' She replied

The two Olympians returned to Olympus satisfied that their work was done for now. Soon Alexandros would be leaving for Sparta and then the Company can not turn back.
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin

Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:22 pm
Kratos entered into the small village on the outskirts of Sparta soon after his prayer to his father, Ares. The sun was down, and the moon was high in the sky. He had to stay up however for the night guard. He ran into the barracks and donned a great set of ornate Corinthian Armor, said to have been worn by Ares himself. All of the armor and weapons that Kratos carried were at once the God of War's. He simply put the golden breastplate and pauldrons over his lush white robes, and then the leg and arm bracers. The last was the Corinthian Helmet, which he carried under his shoulder. On his hip, as always, was Ares' Wrath, his Xiphos. In another hand he held a great long spear, called a Doru. On his back was strapped a Golden Hoplon Shield, and a Spartan shortbow with quiver. Over all his armor and robes was worn a long silken red cloak.

He walked out of the barracks as soon as he gathered all his necessary equipment. Donning his helm, he patrolled the streets. The civilians who were still out greeted him happily as he passed by. Most of the people in town had gone to bed, those who still were awake were young women and men, drunkards, and of course the Spartan Hoplites. Kratos walked to the eves of the main gate into the village, as a wooden wall closed off the entire area in case of invasion. The gate was open to allow in travelers.

Through the growing mist of the night, Kratos watched through the moonlight to the trees far yonder. He could see the shapes of the trees moving and the wind blowing the mist in every direction. However, two shapes stood out, which were by the eves of the forest. They were darker than the rest, and were in the form of human beings. Kratos raised an eyebrow as he watched the figures move toward the forest. Just as he was about to look away, a muffled scream, he could hear from in that direction. One of the figures went down abruptly, the other dragged the downed figure toward the dark foreboding forest. The scream was that of a woman's.

Kratos looked to his fellow guard who looked at him with a look of concern. The other guards name was Xandros... he was a well known coward among heroes. When he looked to Kratos, it was the look as if to say: "Why don't you go check that out". Kratos rolled his eyes as he started to walk off toward the forest.

"Keep your post here in my place Xandros." Kratos called back.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Kratos neared the spot that he thought the two figures were by. A patch of grass looked to have been flattened, large enough for someone to have been laying there. Kratos saw footprints heading off into the woods through the due on the grass. Hefting his Doru into a hand, and his Aspis onto his other arm, Kratos headed in, following the tracks as best he could. Over ten minutes had gone by, and Kratos still followed a barely seen trail. Ahead, he could see a faint glimmer, as if from a small flame. Noises could soon be heard, which was akin to something or someone struggling. There was a woman's and a man's voice.

Kratos crept closer as quiet as he could until he reached the back of a tree close to the scene. A man pressed a young woman's arms against the ground. Her clothes were in tatters and tears streaked down from her hazel eyes. Her long brown hair fell passed her waist below her. Just as the man was about to press himself upon her, Kratos came into view. The woman cried out for help, and the man turned around, a look of fear and rage overtook him. Kratos lowered his spear and his Hoplon before him.

"I'll have you die by this blade you vile bastard." Kratos said with disgust.

The man merely grunted angrily and from his side, drew a long curved dagger with a menacing serrated edge. With such frightening speed, that Kratos was almost unprepared for, the man ran at Kratos and slashed toward his throat. A ring sung out as the blade slammed against Kratos' Hoplon Shield. With his free hand, Kratos spun his Doru and stabbed forward in a lethal strike toward the man chest. The spear-point was dodged, the man jumped sideways to evade the attack and then stuck at Kratos' side. The blade sliced cleanly through the back of Kratos' shin.

A searing pain struck him through the leg, but with the adrenaline running as fast as it was, Kratos ignored it and bashed his Hoplon into the man's side. He stumbled back but was sent sprawling to the ground as a second bash came into his face. A fountain of curses erupted from the wounded man's mouth. Kratos took a booted foot and stepped onto the mans chest, preventing him from rising back up. He struggled beneath him. His Doru was hefted once more, this time aimed directly down at the man's throat.

"Greet Hades for me when you go to hell." Kratos said.

The spear tip plunged into the man throat. A hideous gurgling sound came as spurts of blood escaped from the open wound. Soon however, the man fell quiet and still in a pool of his own blood. Kratos took a small white towel and cleaned off the blood from his spear. He slung his Hoplon onto his back and looked to the young women, who was probably no older than 20. Kratos sat down next to her. Her eyes filled with tears as she started to cry. She crawled into his arms and buried her face in his chest. Kratos embraced her, feeling much sorrow for what unfortunately happened to her, and yet joy that he was able to stop the madness that had befallen her.

Ten minutes passed. They both still sat in the woods. Kratos was able to talk to her and stop her tears from flowing, assuring her that she was alright. He slowly stood up, still trying to ignore the pain that shot up from his shin. In his arms, he carried the women through the forest and back out to the village. Xandros was amazed when they returned, however made no sound nor gave them a look as he was shameful that he did not help. Kratos had the woman brought to a healer, who tended to her needs. Before allowing the healer to see her, she grabbed his hand, and thanked him, telling him her name. It was Thalia, named after one of the the Three Graces.

Little did Kratos know that Thalia would be the one whom he would fall in love with and marry soon afterward. They would spend their days together, talking of many different things, and sharing their secrets. Yet, he would soon be stolen away from her and into the depths of hell... the Gates of Tartarus awaited the son of Ares. Thalia would be his driving force to fight.. and to leave that dreaded realm.

Last edited by BleachKing on Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:27 pm; edited 4 times in total
Chef
Chef
Admin

Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:49 pm
After they were dismissed for two weeks, Obelix went to shore of Greece and sat down to meditate and pray to the gods. He had been brought to this place for a reason. This was the will of the gods and he had to play his part no matter what. His life did not matter, for the future of the gods' kingdom mattered much more.

Long ago he had surrendered his life to the gods and they had not taken it yet. Instead he was turned into a weapon of war and strife. Obelix did not think of these killings as evil, though, as he knew the gods smiled every time his blade drew the blood of an enemy. He was given so much strength and he would use it accordingly to pay for his gift.

The large sword that Obelix was the only wielder of stuck in the sand, the sun gleaming on the blade that was still showing. Hephaestus gave him that sword and he was destined to use it. He would carry out his orders without question and not stop until his missions were complete or if he finally fell in battle. Questioning the will of the gods was useless, as their minds were far greater than his.

After fourteen days of meditation and mental preparation, Obelix walked towards the spot where he was assigned to meet up...
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin

Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:36 pm
All that happened from within the woods occurred around two years ago. He had fallen deeply in love with Thalia, who after her situation in the woods that night, had turned out to be a beautiful girl at twenty years of age. She was slender but quite fit with long brown hair and hazel eyes which would delve into ones very soul. In town, she was considered quite a beauty amongst the men. The other women adored her, as she was always cheerful and down-to-earth with everyone.

A month after the incident, Kratos confessed his feelings for her.. she was delighted and confessed her own, which were the same. They became a couple from that day forward. The people of the village found the match to be fitful and quite right. Who wouldn't want to see the hero of the village and of Sparta, and the great beauty of Sparta together? After a year and a half of their relationship, Kratos proposed to Thalia, receiving an immediate yes.

As they were getting married at some point, Kratos was allowed to move away from his old home of the Spartan barracks. He and Thalia purchased a small home in town and of course furnished it with the delighted help of the two families. They lived together from then on finding that their life together would indeed work out quite well. Around six months later, their wedding day came, and the two were officially married.

Their days were normal, although seemed much brighter for both when they were together. The only dark spot in their lived was the looming threat of the Trojan War, though far away as it was, still impacted everyone in Greece. Kratos knew that at some point, the Spartan military would call on him to sail to Troy... as much as he hated the idea. However, he acknowledged that he was a warrior, and nevertheless a Spartan. Ares blood flowed through his veins... his fate was spread out before him.

But until that day came, when he would be called upon, he would spend all the time he could with his beloved. Their love for each other never waned through the crisis that raged across the seas, which would prove to be such a positive thing for Kratos when he would dive through the Gates of Tartarus, and into the depths of Hell.
Chef
Chef
Admin

Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:15 pm
Obelix stood at the area where they were supposed to meet up and continue their journey. He had not done anything interesting to any normal people as of late. Most of his activities included reminiscing about his past and meditating on his feelings. His thoughts were troubled, however. He could not see what the gods have in store for him. It was like a complicated puzzle that he couldn't find the next piece to.

Obelix sat by the shore, peering out into the endless sea. The waves rising on the beach made calming noises. He was at peace for now. Soon he would be fighting and killing countless beings, but for now it was a time of peace and comfort.
Luchiaros
Luchiaros

Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:51 pm
Alexandros looked at the Greeks before him, they all were brave and most were willing to die for their homeland. He looked at them for minutes, studying them and hoping he would be given a sign as to whom he should choose. None. He alone must make the choice and so he did. He chose twenty six of them, he knew he needed another but he could not make a decision as to who else to take and he hoped he would find another on the journey.

''Those of you whom I have chosen will gather all they wish to bring with them and meet me at the western gate, the rest of you will return to your homes and defend Greece from any threats while the armies are in Troy. Go now and may the gods be with you.'' He said to them

He watched as the each went in their own directions, some to the gate and others to their homes. As Alexandros turned to leave a young man approached him

''Sir, I noticed you did not choose to take me with you, may I ask why?'' the man said

Alexandros looked at the one that spoke, he was a Spartan of about twenty or so, he must have been one of the ones that he met at the Parthenon.

''My reasons are my own, I can not take you with me because I doubt that if you came you would ever return.'' he replied

''At least take me as far mas Sparta since that is where you are heading is it not?''

Alexandros was surprised that the man knew he was heading to Sparta for he had never told anyone. Taking this as a sign from the gods he decided to take the man to Sparta.

''Very well, as far as Sparta and no farther, now get to the west gate.''

The man nodded a thanks and ran off to get his armor and weapons, Alexandros then turned towards the gate glad to be done with that task, now all he had to do was enter Hades and shut the Gates of Tartarus. He sighed as he walked down the streets of Athens, saddened that he had to leave his home once more but it was the past, his future lay on the other side of its walls. When he reached the gate all the others had assembled and were eager to be off.

''Men, we march to Sparta and will stop only for nightfall, we must make haste or the consequences will be dire.'' he said to them

Then he grabbed his pack of supplies he would need for the journey and set forth. He took one last glance at Athens as he trudged down the road, he longed to stay but his life was never one of peace.

((OOC: And we're off, you can't go back and in a few more posts we'll be in Sparta and our Journey will truly begin))
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin

Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:24 pm
Kratos stood with Thalia at the shoreline of Laconia. The beautiful dark greenish blue waters lapped against the side of the dock they sat upon, and the small boats that carried fish into the port. A sunset was slowly becoming dark upon the horizon, a serene mood. They held each others hand as they watched the sky become night and the last of the waning suns light disappear. Kratos stood up, helping Thalia with a free hand.

"I have had a strange feeling as of today, Thalia." Kratos suddenly remarked.

"Oh? And what is this feeling telling you of, darling?" Thalia asked embracing him from the back, leaning her head against his shoulder. Their eyes met, both sparkling in the last of the sunlight.

"I shall depart this land of Laconia soon... " Kratos replied.

"How do you feel so?" Thalia asked puzzled.

"I fear it may be a sign from the heavens. If it is the god's will, so be it." Kratos said finally, looking proudly into the darkening sky.

"I see..." Thalia had fallen quiet.

Kratos and Thalia both left for the village once more and toward their home. A dinner was prepared; stewed fish with vegetables freshly grown, barley and bread, and all topped with a vast assortment of herbs and spices from the meadows. They sat at the table, quietly discussing the war overseas. Both wondered if the lands of Phrygia where Troy lay were any different than those of Greece. Everything seemed foreign and exotic to them.

Last edited by BleachKing on Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chef
Chef
Admin

Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:16 pm
Obelix hefted his mighty sword and followed the others on their journey to Sparta, taking the rear of the small army. The streets of Athens were peaceful as they walked through them, and they would be sorely missed, as all that lied ahead of this company was death and the very unknown. Obelix looked aside on the road, seeing a woman with a child walk by, trying to quiet the child as it pointed at the group of strong men. Obelix smiled. He prayed the gods would keep this town at peace, for the sake of children and women such as them.

Obelix did not say a word as they went along, mostly because no one said anything to him. He was a very tall and muscular man, often intimidating most people he met. The fact that he rarely tried to start a conversation with anyone didn't help in this situation, either. Obelix did not care for company, though. All he needed were the gods, and they would protect him. Obelix smiled once again and set his eyes of the road that laid ahead of them...
Luchiaros
Luchiaros

Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:25 pm
Sparta, home to Greece's greatest hoplites lay before them, they had traveled far to find one man and now Alexandros hoped it they would not spend to long trying to find him. After entering the city the group made their way to the main square.

''I am here in search of the on they call the Demi-God, do any of you know where to find him?'' Alexandros bellowed with all his might

The citizens all turned towards the newcomers with shock and the guards approached them weapons ready.

''What's going on here stranger?'' one of them demanded.

((OOC: Que Bleach's entry now!))
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin

Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:47 pm
The next day swiftly came for Kratos. He was put into the morning guard that day, earning the afternoon to himself and Thalia. News from abroad, telling of a search party of sorts looking for a "certain someone" came to the ears of everyone in Sparta. The group was apparently made up of warrior individuals, bearing a secret and fated quest. Kratos however shrugged off all of the excitement and got through the day through short patrols and gate guarding.

However, by late afternoon, as he and Thalia sat in the meadow lazily behind their home, yells were heard from the other end of the village. Thalia and Kratos both looked at each other, a air of suspense clouding over keen logic. Kratos got up, wearing his white robes and a long red sash, in which was sheathed Ares' Xiphos. Walking quietly, arm in arm with Thalia, they made their way to the end of the village to learn what all the hubbub was about. The fated party, the group of warriors, stood by the gates to the village, asking about someone named "The Demi-God". By his surprise, Kratos knew that that is what the villages used to call him. Slowly making their way to the front of the crowd, Thalia and Kratos soon looked upon the leader of the group, or so they supposed.

"I used to be called Demi-God long ago. Why do you call for me at such a time, warrior?" Kratos asked, as Thalia stood beside him, her arm still locked with his.
Luchiaros
Luchiaros

Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:36 pm
Alexandros turned his gaze to the newcomer, he was truly different and he knew at once that this was the man he was seeking.

''I am Alexandros, blessed of the Olympians and I have come here to ask for your aid against a great evil.'' he said after a moment ''Olympus needs you, Demi-god. You can stay here and watch as the world you know falls apart or you can join me and try to save it before it's to late.''

With those words Alexandros turned tom leave but waited for a response from Kratos.
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin

Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:37 pm
"Don't call me Demi-God... that is for those who would not take the time to know me. Stranger, I am the son of Ares, the God of War. My name is Kratos Phoros, of Sparta." Kratos introduced brazenly. He pointed his Thalia soon after. "And this is my wife, Thalia."

Kratos awaited the man's reply to his steadfast greeting, wondering if this would be the start to something big. A new adventure lay upon the horizon, and Kratos' fate was unknown to all but the God's. All he could do was pray to Ares and hope to return to Thalia.
Chef
Chef
Admin

Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:10 pm
Obelix watched the conversation silently, interested in the stranger, as he was the son of Ares. A son of the gods, Obelix thought to himself. Truly this man is blessed to carry that blood. I am but a humble servant of these gods, but I cannot ask for more blessings, as I already have too many. Obelix looked at his sword and sighed.

Were these blessing a good thing? They had put him through much war and terror, changing his life for the worst. Were the gods using him well, or was he merely a puppet for their selfish desires?

Obelix shook his head angrily. I must not think that! he thought to himself scornfully. The gods care for me as much as I do for them. Obelix shook the thoughts aside, worried that the gods may be listening into his thoughts. He returned to listening to the conversation and awaited for the orders to move out.
Luchiaros
Luchiaros

Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:15 pm
Alexandros listened to Kratos's words, maybe this man was what he needed after all.

''A pleasure to meet you Kratos, unfortunately I can't stay much longer and I must know,'' He said ''Are you with me? To have a such renowned warrior at my side would honor me.''

He turned back towards Kratos and looked into his eyes.

''I can promise you that will return once our task is finished and that your name will not be forgotten.''
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin

Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:39 pm
Kratos through for a few moments. He had decided long ago that if he was asked to defend Sparta or Greece itself from any danger, he would give it his all. The only thing holding him back was Thalia and their life together. He knew that if he were to talk to her, however, she would just send him away with her prayers. Either way, he knew he was to leave with these men.

Kratos turned to Alexandros and bowed slightly, his eyes showing the pride that had been instilled within him. His Spartan nature was great, his will greater. With utter calmness, he replied.

"Alexandros, I shall accompany you through the very depths of hell if it brings honor to my family and to Sparta. I wish for no reward after this aside from my release to Thalia." Kratos merely replied.
Luchiaros
Luchiaros

Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:12 pm
''I am glad you have decided to join me, now grab what you need and let us be off before sunset.'' Alexandros said

As he waited he began to carve a piece of wood he had found into a statue, soon they would be on their way and soon the quest would be under way.
Kamikaze_X
Kamikaze_X
Admin

Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:02 pm
Kratos nodded and walked off arm in arm with Thalia. As they got to their home, Kratos started to pack what he needed; All were the divine gifts from his father, Ares. The Hoplon, armor, doru, bow, and lastly his Xiphos. Before being donned, his shined the armor and his weapons. He soon was fitted and walked back outside of the home. He embraced Thalia, wishing he wouldn't have to let her go. They kissed for a long time, he could feel her tears wetting his own cheek. With a heavy heart, he started to walk away, only after saying a farewell to his wife:

"Thalia, I will be back after this journey, and I would have brought glory to Sparta. Do not mourn for me, I shan't go down easily."

Kratos walked off, dressed in the most glorious of war attire. His helmet was put onto his head, yet instead of turning toward the gates, he headed up the long stoned path into the hillside. Kratos soon reached the high temple of his father. The giant statue within, held his father exact likeness. He knelt at the statue, preparing the last of his sacrifices for a long time. And thus, his father came unto him yet again. The sky outside, surrounding the whole of Sparta turned a deep blackish green color. The clouds above were drawn to the Temple of Ares, swirling overhead like a forbidden tempest. Kratos, with proud eyes looked to the spectral image of his father, who now stood before him.

"So you go off to war, my son. Shall you bring honor to the land, and to myself and your family?" Ares asked in a low yet not harsh tone. He seemed proud as well. Truly, they two were father and son.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum