Legacy Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Durandal
Durandal

Markus Rauha Empty Markus Rauha

Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:46 pm
Name: Markus Rauha AKA Doc
Theme Song: Rise Against - Prayer of The Refugee
Sex: Yes Please. Male
Job: Engineer, Negotiator
Appearance: Lean and healthy, with a rather pale skin colour, Dirty Blond long hair, and Green-Grey eyes. Wears Cowboy boots and Bellbottoms, a plain white shirt and Dirty Black Blazer, along with a Fedora.
Personality: Misanthrope and cynical, he is Rational to the core and empathetic.
History: Markus was at an early age carefree and happy, taught at home by his father and mother many languages, and just about every branch of science known of.

Into his Teen-aged years, Markus worked as a small-time Blacksmith and errand boy to earn money for his career in medical study. During these years, he made a friend from working for the Blacksmith, this friendship carrying on to an abrupt end, near his 20s. The reason being that one day, when Markus was to go out of town and meet someone who had found interest in Markus and wished to recruit him as a Medical Scientist - he left his house and money with his friend to take close care of; knowing he could trust him.

A year passes by as Markus works out the deal - he would move near the location of the Leonard and become a Medical Scientist, working alongside Leonard Heliou, a fellow medical scientist. Markus returned to collect his belongings to find that his friend was gone, all his money stolen, and his house sold to a family - he was devastated, and angry. After his emotions settled, he taught himself the ways of an Ambassador and Engineer. After leaving his past behind him, he found out about Alexander's Skyship, eager to join the crew.
Skills: Astrologist, All around Engineer, Philosopher, Medicine, Bribery
Weapons: Kugar P02 Pistol - Think of a single-action Luger P08, and a Kukri.
Possessions: A few books discussing Philosophy, small gadgets, Journal and fountain pen, ink.

Last edited by Ickus on Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Redcoat
Redcoat

Markus Rauha Empty Re: Markus Rauha

Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:28 am
Couple things. Finland and Italy don't exist, as this doesn't take place on Earth--not your fault exactly, I'm sorry I haven't posted it up yet. Just make up a name for a birthplace. Italy is closest in character to the Mercantile States in Skyship.

We already have a doctor on ship; we do need engineers and general muscle though. Gunners also. You can still be an intellectual type, of course. Nobody says a gunner can't sip fine wine and enjoy Beethoven, or that a practical engineer can't be into deep philosophy and electrical theory also. Your job has very little bearing on your character (though I can't see a real doof being an engineer).

Also, your character's backstory seems a little too dark for the type of RP. Note that you can have tragedy, of course--just try to write it better. Characters don't need to be totally broken to be interesting; just give them a flaw in some way. Anikus of Wyrm is just a bit too inquisitive; Alexander of Legacy is just a wee bit too confident. If you want tragedy, may I suggest looking over Bleach's reg?
Durandal
Durandal

Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:35 am
The Tragedy story is basically to set up the character. I thought when typing up the history - "Hrm, this man would have a deep distrust and anger between him and humanity, what could I suggest made him this way? What would leave him so torn that he felt that he held humanity in contempt?"

I'll go back over it and fix some things - I'll leave out him discovering his friend and killing him. Also, I'll make him an engineer - as well, was Barry a Medic before? Because I could of sworn that the only generic types I found were Gunners and Engineers. Otherwise, I guess I could consider him an Engineer and Negotiator, aiding Alexander if he ever needs to negotiate or bribe someone.
Redcoat
Redcoat

Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:07 am
Approved in new state. Thank you for your cooperation.
Sponsored content