Chapter 1: Tranquility's End

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Chapter 1: Tranquility's End

Post by Chef on Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:16 pm

Kazuki Yoshida sat in his chains, staring down at the ground. Ten long years had passed and he was still as restricted as he always had been. Death wasn't sounding half bad by now. Frankly, Kazuki didn't care what happened any more. All he wanted was to hold on to some sort of blade again. He missed the familiar feel of a hilt in his hands. That is, essentially, why he asked for the noble death of seppuku.

He raised his eyebrow when the speaker asked what his last words were. Kazuki wondered why that question was always asked whenever officials killed anyone. Back then during the Revolution there was no need for words. Speaking them only left you open to the enemy. You only spoke through the sword. Kazuki smirked.

"You think killing me will actually make a difference?" Kazuki laughed. "There are other people out there far more dangerous than I am, and they are really pissed off. I'm just a lunatic behind bars, and you're going to execute me for something I did ten years ago. Talk about justice, right? I would've killed twice as many people if I had the chance, anyways. You're lucky I'm not still out there. Even if ten years have passed... my brothers haven't forgotten. Remember that."

Chef
Overseers
Overseers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze_X on Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:16 pm

"Fool! You seriously believe that your brethren are alive? It's been ten years since the Revolution, they were either killed or hunted down after the fact. The Shinsengumi are finished - nothing but a stain on the Meiji's reputation. You're the last remnant of the Dogs of the Shogunate."

"Please, Katsumoto... calm yourself." Another voice said soothingly.

Katsumoto was quiet, but for an indignant grunt on his end. The one who quieted the speaker stood in the shadows, only marked a noise of the slight shifting of a chair and the rustle of clothing. It was deathly quiet for a short time, yet in the silence the tension rose like a blaring white noise.

"Yoshida Kazuki, you have this last month to repent your countless sins. Soon, you will join your Shinsengumi dogs in hell. So, until your time comes, you will be lead back to your cell."

The prisoner said nothing as two armed guards roughly grabbed the prisoner by the shoulders, essentially dragging him from the room and back into a stone hall. Coming up to a single, cast-iron door with but a small barred window to see in, they threw in Kazuki into the dank 10 foot by 10 foot cell.

All the while, he didn't know that it'd only be a few hours until he finally saw the light of day, for the first time in ten years.
Kamikaze_X
Overseers
Overseers

View user profile http://legacysociety.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chef on Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:20 am

Kazuki thought about what was said at that friendly meeting a few minutes ago. He realized how foolish he was. Somehow he forgot that he was in this cage for ten years. No one has come for him. How could the Shinsengumi be still active? If they were all still alive, he wouldn't even be locked up like this.

"Idiot..." Kazuki said to himself. "How can I trust in a simple ghost of the past?"

It was hard to admit, but the man he was talking to was probably correct. Even though he had been locked up for quite a long time, Kazuki knew that the Shinsengumi were all but diminished.

But perhaps there was some sort of hope left. A possible remnant could still exist. There was no way to tell, however, as news from the outside world rarely came to Kazuki.

"Looks like all I have left to look forward to is my own death," Kazuki said to himself. "I don't regret anything that I did ten years ago. I'd do it all over again if I could. I could care less about Meiji's idea of honor.

Closing his eyes, Kazuki attempted to catch some sleep. It was the only thing he could really do, anyways, other than talk to himself. Kazuki talked to himself for ten years. Now he was just getting tired of it.

Chef
Overseers
Overseers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze_X on Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:23 pm

The Shinsengumi had gathered together. One person was missing, and that happened to be a man incarcerated within a maximum protection prison. Being a war criminal from ten years prior, not to mention a well-known murderer prevented his comrades from any means of easy access. However, perhaps Kazuki's lucky day would come sooner, rather than later.

Souji and the others had gathered around the table, alongside their guest, Kaede who seemed grudgingly interested in their activities. What else would the girl be able to do aside from tag along with them. She was wanted dead by everyone within the Meiji Government... and the Shinsengumi seemed trustworthy enough in that they all swore to protect her. Even should such protection cost them their lives. With nowhere to go, and no real family or friends... this group of soldiers, even bodyguards were the only people left for her.

This wouldn't stop her from complaining along the way of course...

Gathered around the table, sitting upon soft cushions and sipping tea, Toshizo started to speak of the rather ingenious and daunting plan ahead of them. They had learned of the Police Ball, an annual event taking place at the Security Bureau of Eastern Kyoto Ward, coincidentally where Kazuki was held. The prison was connected to two other buildings - a Great Hall used by the Head of Police and Domestic Security, as well as the local barracks. This ball would be held in the Great Hall, considering the large area that was perfect for such an extravagant affair.

The plan, as crazy as it sounded, was their only real chance to slip into the prison and break Kazuki out. Souji, Sanosuke, Heisuke, and Shinpachi would all essentially pose as waiters at the ball. This would require a bit of dirty work... killing the registered waiters and the head chef in order to fit in. In addition, forged passes had to be made in advance allowing free reign so they could walk in and out. If all went according to Toshizo's plan, that work would be the most difficult part.

Disguised, they would be able to slip into the Prison quarter of the complex and break out Kazuki while two others would stay at the party, cause a distraction of some kind to bring attention away from those breaking into the prison. As the decoy is placed, the prisoner would be freed and the escape would be made. Plans were to leave another small clue at the cell in order to slowly, but surely, bring the Shinsengumi back into the spotlight.

After Kazuki is extracted from the compound and safely brought back to the Shinsengumi's HQ, immediate plans were to be put into order for everyone's silent evacuation to the original HQ, Mibu. Not only did this hold such a strong significance to those original members of the Shinsengumi, but it was a region still heavily disconnected from the Meiji. Much of the population was still loyal to the Tokugawa. Surely, the people would find their loyalties gravitated toward the Shinsengumi and their righteous cause.

So, while Operation Red Hare (as the break-in was dubbed), occurred, Kondo Isami would see to it that Mibu was left open to them through a few contacts of his. The restoration of the old HQ would take a while, but during the ten years of waiting, much money had gone into savings for such an occasion.

The ball was starting the next day -- tomorrow -- and so would the Shinsengumi's daring escape plan.
Kamikaze_X
Overseers
Overseers

View user profile http://legacysociety.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top